How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

If I remember correctly, Jason Taylor had some fond words for the Pats and Belichick too. Just sayin, is all.

Yea football has lost that genuine HATE that made things so much more appealing....players dont feel that way these days, for the right price even LT would sign with NE.

Wes is the BEST slot receiver in the game. He only 26 years old and had 112 receptions this year. In THREE years with Miami he had 96

So what does that tell you??
He would do better in ANOTHER system not ours.

It was a WIN/WIN Situation.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.
I agree with you a bad move.
Better yet, we should have never traded him to a division rival, I think that shows the stupidity of past heirarchies. You don't trade talent to rivals. We could have picked up a draft pick from somewhere else.

Better yet, we should have never traded him to a division rival, I think that shows the stupidity of past heirarchies. You don't trade talent to rivals. We could have picked up a draft pick from somewhere else.

It wasn't really a trade, Wes was a RFA with a 2nd round tender. The pats signed him to an obscene offer sheet that we never could have realistically matched.

Sorry, but I disagree. You don't make trades, sign FA's or draft players based on what your competition is doing or how it will impact them. You take care of your own business and if they happen to be the best trading partner (as the Pats were with Welker), then you do that deal. I would much rather the Pats overpayed a #3 WR and add the salary to their cap, than letting them keep that pick and find another gem to add to their roster. Welker will never be more than a #3 WR, and the best part is we got a #1 center out of the deal.

For all the people that hated this deal, would you give up Satele to get Welker back?

Sorry, but I disagree. You don't make trades, sign FA's or draft players based on what your competition is doing or how it will impact them. You take care of your own business and if they happen to be the best trading partner (as the Pats were with Welker), then you do that deal. I would much rather the Pats overpayed a #3 WR and add the salary to their cap, than letting them keep that pick and find another gem to add to their roster. Welker will never be more than a #3 WR, and the best part is we got a #1 center out of the deal.

For all the people that hated this deal, would you give up Satele to get Welker back?

And to anyone who says yes, who could have played C on our line (if it wasn't Satele) and did just as good of a job?

And if you say Rex Hadnot, I simply will ask who would have played RG then?

It wasn't really a trade, Wes was a RFA with a 2nd round tender. The pats signed him to an obscene offer sheet that we never could have realistically matched.

This has been gone over many times.......some people still don't get it.

I think that miami gave him very cheap, because in the last season he made a lot fo us olso he kicks ones, and him was a very good athletic player.

And to anyone who says yes, who could have played C on our line (if it wasn't Satele) and did just as good of a job?

And if you say Rex Hadnot, I simply will ask who would have played RG then?
If they say Rex Hadnot, I'll simply ask them to go get their eyes checked. :lol:

Satele > Hadnot

Don't think we should have matched the Pats offer for Welker as I agree he would have done nothing for the woeful 2007 Fins, but I do think they could have made it more difficult for the Patriots, at least bluff a little.

What I think is the way welker played he was a scrappy player that played with heart. Unlike a lot of the other players on this team. I also think people had an emotional connection to him because of that. Then to see him traded to a hated division rival angered a lot of people. The problem is regardless of your feelings the fins needed to trade him because the offer that the pats were going to offer was more than was reasonable for a player of his skills. Then to see him playing like that burns people up. It's a emotional thing. Any person who looks at football as a bussiness would understand that it was just plain good bussiness to trade welker. You can't run a team on emotion. Cold, hard, logic is the only way to look at it. Sentiment will kill you.

A #1 center that we hear may be switched to guard.

The reason he is good is because everybody quadripled covered Moss.
He was open udnerneath, because he is too fast for a linebacker.
He is good only when the team around his is good.
On the Dolphins, he would be average.
I don't mind it at all.
Especially with the fact that we got a very solid center in return.

(668 posts? daaaaaaaamn. i rememver that being a four digit number)
but o well..;0)
First post on good ol finheaven.

Back
Top Bottom