Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

You know me better than that. ;)

I call it "the Tunsil"

tumblr_oli1q7WWzO1tr4gulo1_500.gif
Now that's how it's done! :cigar

It's amazing we still have some on this site who are complaining about not being able to watch football this weekend what a disgrace

Ya seriously. I can't even think about right now.

My heart and prayers are with everyone in Florida right now.

I have a sister in Tarpon Springs who doesn't quite know if she should go or stay at a shelter. I've advised her to go to the shelters as soon as they open at noon tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm in north Broward and considering the horror stories I'm hearing first hand regarding the rolling parking lots including abandoned cars on I95, the Turnpike and I-75 I'm gonna hunker down with my vital papers, electronics, jewelry, etc secreted away in an interior bathroom and hope for the best. If I come out unscathed, I'd consider heading northwest back into electricity, A/C and light after this passes for a couple of days at least when there's more oppty to drive (if the car is still intact) or fly in that direction.

Wishing everyone affected and their loved ones, a safe and healthy passage through this mess.
Not a good idea. You don't know how the road conditions are, downed power lines etc.

Not a good idea. You don't know how the road conditions are, downed power lines etc.
not to mention with so many people coming north, all the hotel and motel rooms(I'm sure very expensive)might be full so you might not find a place to stay at anyway

Ozzy rules!!

5pm update: Be aware that the projection has changed to a more Westerly path straight down the middle of Florida.

ECMWF: https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-10-21,30.194,-81.601,5

*A reminder that ECMWF updates occur every six hours at 5 and 11. Obviously the closer it gets, the less variance for error.

Last edited:
not to mention with so many people coming north, all the hotel and motel rooms(I'm sure very expensive)might be full so you might not find a place to stay at anyway

Ozzy rules!!

Yea..here in Dothan,Al...all hotels/motels are filled up....I've seen a lot of Fl. tags here the last few days.
Please be safe guys...

I got out of WPB this morning and had an excellent run through Indiantown and Arcadia traveling right across the state over to St Pete where I'm in a hotel booked through to Tuesday. Basically little traffic along the way. If I-95 is like a parking lot it may be prudent to avoid it.
BTW - Appreciate the routine updates and comments on here from my fellow Dolphin fans, especially Shula. I hope Irma changes direction but this is probably a colossal catastrophe about to unfold.

Last edited:
Yea..here in Dothan,Al...all hotels/motels are filled up....I've seen a lot of Fl. tags here the last few days.
Please be safe guys...
Thanks namor. I think it would be a good idea for members that live in areas where people are evacuating to give some Intel on things like lodging, safe areas. I know as more time passes us in central and northern may need to follow the pack eventually.

Yea...no problem DF...people are starting to panic here a little...as of yesterday..there was NO bottled water to be found...
Thanks namor. I think it would be a good idea for members that live in areas where people are evacuating to give some Intel on things like lodging, safe areas. I know as more time passes us in central and northern may need to follow the pack eventually.

Back
Top Bottom