Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Another strong warning has been issued by the National Hurricane Center and the areas of concern has been expanded.
DJJp_fYXkAIAOvY.jpg:large

Take head. The window for evacuation if you are uncertain about where you are staying is getting smaller and smaller. There is an updated list of shelters above on post #256.

Here's every model after the update.

DJJdxm0XUAA4UZP.jpg:large

Long story short, we're ****ed.

Yep, that forward speed never slowed down making an early turn to the north less and less likely.

At this point we gotta hope for some wind sheer and maybe we can get this storm in the 130 mph area before impact. But thats like hoping it turns east at the last second.

Looking worse and worse by the update and the cone is getting more and more compact.

Yeah . . . Irma is breaking records . . .

It's official: No storm on record, anywhere on the globe, has maintained winds 185mph or above for as long as #Irma

Since deleted but right on, Darlington. You're the man.

Washington Post‏Verified account @washingtonpost
- National Hurricane Center: It's more likely Irma will make landfall in South Florida as ‘dangerous major hurricane’

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 15m15 minutes ago
Retweeted Washington Post
- Terrifying. And really, really sad. Everyone in our beautiful South Florida cities will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Connor Rupert‏ @ConnorRupertHS
Replying to @JeffDarlington
- Not that it's important more curiousity. Do you see this possibly affecting/relocating Bucs game next week if damage is bad enough there?

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 10m10 minutes ago
Jeff Darlington Retweeted Connor Rupert
- I could not give less of a damn.

Last edited:
We're glue to the weather channel and it does look bad. I have my daughter in Clermont and she's nervous even thought she's more west than we are. This could be Charlie on steroids

Ozzy rules!!

Not in an evacuation zone. Storm shutters up, staying put with supplies. Been helping neighbors w shutters all day, were all strapped up and ready.

Hope everyone stays safe this weekend. Looking like a very significant natural disaster is coming.

Was only a matter of time. Glad we aren't playing our game tonight, or expecting to play it Monday.

If I'm in Miramar on county line road, do you think I'd be safer over in Pembroke Pines on Taft Street?

Probably not a huge difference, but we're trying to coordinate with my Mother in law on whether she comes here or we go there.

We've both got shutters.

If I'm in Miramar on county line road, do you think I'd be safer over in Pembroke Pines on Taft Street?

Probably not a huge difference, but we're trying to coordinate with my Mother in law on whether she comes here or we go there.

We've both got the same shutters.

Same deal. Im across from the Dolphins training facility at the falcon pub having drinks and hoping its still here after the weekend.

We've both got shutters.

Very unlikely. Plus, any little shift throws off the original projection.

Back
Top Bottom