Hypothetical: If the Draft falls this way . . . who you got? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: If the Draft falls this way . . . who you got?

The Miami Dolphins select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's the wildcard of the draft . . . it is not unthinkable, especially if Atlanta feels the drop off from Williams/Fowler/Beasley is not worth passing up the future of Gurley . . . plus the hometown connection.

I saw a mock that had him going at #6 to the jest. The other draft wild card is who trades their QB to the Titans (Whisenhunt prefers veteran QB's)? Chicago (Cutler played at Vandy) or San Diego (Rivers played At NC State & is from northern AL)

As for the poll, I put other. I really like L Collins here.

Though, trading down (#19?) for Kendricks or even J Strong would be ideal. I would not rule out Cameron Erving at 19. He'd give the OL depth and flexiblity.

Damn I hope the draft doesn't go like that. We need a WR more than anything imo.

I'd trade down....somebody would want to move up for Gregory or Ray if it fell like that.

If I couldn't work a deal.....I'd be considering La'el Collins(guard can play some tackle if need be)....or Perriman/DGB at receiver.

I do think we go receiver and guard with the first two picks.

Lol at trading down. If that's how the board fell, nobody is trading up to 14.

And in that scenario, I'm taking Melvin Gordon no question. La'El Collins would be my second choice I suppose.

I agree with hoops that if Shane Ray is there, we'd have the ammo to trade down with a team. If I had to pick, it'd be Kendricks, Johnson or Cornfed.

If the draft played out with all these players not available & we can't trade down we're screwed again. The BPA is obviously Shane Ray but he's not a fit. I also think Randy Gregory is only a 3-4 OLB & nickel DE plus his off the field issues so he's off my board completely. What remains in terms of value are DTs & OL. So I go with La'el Collins over Ereck Flowers because he has played guard & LT at LSU. We can not get in the habit of over drafting players 20-30 slots like we did last year with Ja'Wuan James & would be again this year by taking Eric Kendricks. That's not how you build winning teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: this board hasn't learned from the dion jordan thing i see...but at least if you do pick ray you get a LEGIT pass rusher out of it talent wise...at least i know the kid can rush the damn passer and sack the qb...even if i can't get every down bang for my buck and will have to struggle to find snaps for him

dont anyone try and say that's a sam lb option...it's not...what a waste that would be

:lol: this board hasn't learned from the dion jordan thing i see...but at least if you do pick ray you get a LEGIT pass rusher out of it talent wise...at least i know the kid can rush the damn passer and sack the qb...even if i can't get every down bang for my buck and will have to struggle to find snaps for him

dont anyone try and say that's a sam lb option...it's not...what a waste that would be

Shane Ray is more Cam Wake, while Dion Jordan felt more like Von MIller (as far as a positional comparison).

I agree, Shane Ray at 4-3 SAM would be worse than forcing Dion Jordan as a 4-3 DE. You draft Ray, it's to replace Cam Wake in as little as a year.

Randy Gregory or Shane Ray still available? I'd probably roll the dice with Gregory!
Ditto.

I would definitely look to trade back because I'm sure you could still get some good offers. But if I had to pick, I think I'd go Gregory. We get an elite pass rusher with either Gregory or Rey.

OV is a free agent next year, Wake doesn't have many prime years left ... we can make good use of a pass rusher. Warren Sapp fell in the draft for the same reason as Gregory. He would be the best player available. .. yeah, I'd probably roll the dice with Gregory too.

Shane Ray is more Cam Wake, while Dion Jordan felt more like Von MIller (as far as a positional comparison).

I agree, Shane Ray at 4-3 SAM would be worse than forcing Dion Jordan as a 4-3 DE. You draft Ray, it's to replace Cam Wake in as little as a year.

rays not even 250 lbs...he'd have to get to 260 to handle every down responsibilities at minimum and can he even carry that weight well or will you scrape some of the explosion and initial burst off the ball in the process making what you drafted him that high for in the first place less of a plus...

nah draft that kid to play every down in a 34...we got to stop trying to fit round peg in square hole...this class is loaded up top with 34 olb fits

randy gregorys 235...where the hell you gonna hide that light weight in our defense??? you aren't

Back
Top Bottom