I Hate Storms; CK's Updated Big Board | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hate Storms; CK's Updated Big Board

Gosh, I would love to see a player like Colledge on the board in the fourth round. Never know this is a deep draft at the tackle position. Good work on the post,,,,,,,Hell who needs to waste money on draft mags

I agree with Dupree. Tatupu should be defensive rookie of the year. I forget, did Merriman get the award?

ckparrothead said:
I agree with Dupree. Tatupu should be defensive rookie of the year. I forget, did Merriman get the award?

you are correct. Mostly because of his 10 sacks

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you are correct. Mostly because of his 10 sacks

Sacks are still king I guess. Lofa was the true rookie of the year IMO, both sides of the ball included.

Colorado had a receiver named Jeremy Bloom who runs a legit 4.3 40 or better....he hasn't played for a couple years since he is training for the Olympics. He looks a lot like Wes Welker, 5'9, 170, but he would easily blow by Welker in a foot race...he is a GREAT kick and punt returner and a very good receiver. He will be competing for the Gold Medal in the moguls at the Winter Olympics next week. Mel Kiper says he will go between the 3rd and 6th round...I would take him in the 4th.

ckparrothead said:
He's not "extremely small" and Dupree is quite right in that they were lucky they got Tatupu.

Crowder is a middle linebacker. Zach's eventual replacement. Tatupu is a middle linebacker...and is probably bigger than Zach. For a MLB, Saban would not disregard Tatupu. For an OLB, he might. Size is more important to Saban on the outside spots than the inside spot.

I disagree, and he didn't draft Zach.

He drafted Crowder who is much bigger than Tatupu.

Again, the NFC was an extremely weak conference this year, Seattle would have done well in this conference with or without Tatupu.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
They don't make it passed the first week of the playoffs without Tatupu. They do not have the first week bye without Tatupu. That guy is a HUGE reason why the Seahawks were 13-3.

The first four weeks Seattle looked like the soft team that they were every year. Another 9-7 season along the way. Week five Tatupu finally got up to speed and all of a sudden that defense got some toughness. They don't beat the Redskins or the Panthers with Randell Godfrey as their middle linebacker.

EDIT: I think he is hands down the rookie of the defensive rookie of the year. No rookie meant more to their defense than Tatupu. That includes Ware, Merriman and Thurman.

They don't beat the Panthers? Tatupu had 3 whole tackles in that game.

They beat the Panthers because Carolina couldn't stop Seattles offense, in the air or the ground.

It was hardly due to Tatupu's incredible 3 tackles.

Seattle would have done very well in the weak NFC this year with or without Tatupu.

BlueFin said:
Seattle would have done very well in the weak NFC this year with or without Tatupu.
You can keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true. I'm guessing they didn't show many Seahawk games in your area.

just want to know what is the knock on Orr that makes him go so low- i thought he was a speedster with pretty decent hands

LIQUID24 said:
You can keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true. I'm guessing they didn't show many Seahawk games in your area.

i think it is true but he help solidify the defense and take it a step further

PhinSoldia said:
just want to know what is the knock on Orr that makes him go so low- i thought he was a speedster with pretty decent hands

He disappears a lot. He's a tease. He has great size and speed, his hands are good. He caught my eye in the Hawaii game. But he doesn't put things together. He's like a Todd Pinkston.

LIQUID24 said:

So its not true? The Seahawks don't win their division with or without Tatupu?

The 49er's, Rams and Cardinals are their division foes, your telling me Seattle doesn't win their division and get a first round bye with cake division schedule like that?

Please, its a known fact Seattles division was probably the worst in football, and the NFC overall is definitely much weaker than the AFC.

Finally, Tatupu had 3 tackles against Carolina in the Championship game, The primary reason Seattle won that game was that Carolina couldn't stop Seattle on the ground or in the air, to make a statement as an earlier poster did that Seattle doesn't get past Carolina without Tatupu is ridiculous.

He is a very good rookie middle linebacker, my point was his smallish size, 5'11" 230 pounds, would not make him an ideal prospect in Nick Sabans book, and yes, I would take Channing Crowder over him every day of the week.

They probably do win their division, but I seriously doubt they win 13 games and get home-field advantage - no matter how weak the NFC was this year. I just think you're underestimating the impact he had on that defense overall.

And I actually don't disagree with your last point. If both were still on the board in the 3rd round last year, I don't doubt Saban takes Crowder.

PhinSoldia said:

Orr has the most upside and downside of any receiver in this draft. He has the size and speed....now if he just could put all of it together....you'd at least have a taller version of Chambers...I'd still take a chance on him.

Back
Top Bottom