I Hate Storms; CK's Updated Big Board | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hate Storms; CK's Updated Big Board

fishypete said:
Orr has the most upside and downside of any receiver in this draft. He has the size and speed....now if he just could put all of it together....you'd at least have a taller version of Chambers...I'd still take a chance on him.

As far as Orr is concerned, I believe that there are actually a fair few size/speed stories that are very similar to Orr, that should all go in the same area. Martin Nance is one. Todd Watkins is another. It speaks to this draft's weak WR class that size/speed stories like them are late Day 1 or early Day 2 prospects.

As far as Seattle is concerned, without Lofa Tatupu they don't win more than 10 games. Without winning more than 10 games they don't get homefield advantage OR a bye week. They would have won their wildcard round game at home in Seattle where they are strong, but likely would have lost in the divisional round.

They didn't win the Carolina game because of Lofa Tatupu. They won the Carolina game because Carolina had to travel a third week in a row all the way across the country. Seattle had the homefield advantage because of Tatupu, however.

BlueFin said:
They don't beat the Panthers? Tatupu had 3 whole tackles in that game.

They beat the Panthers because Carolina couldn't stop Seattles offense, in the air or the ground.

It was hardly due to Tatupu's incredible 3 tackles.

Seattle would have done very well in the weak NFC this year with or without Tatupu.

yea because middle linebackers don't take up blocks or make calls or be in the right areas.

Seattle would not be in the superbowl without tatupu anyone who watched Seattle actually play games would realize that.

BlueFin said:
So its not true? The Seahawks don't win their division with or without Tatupu?

The 49er's, Rams and Cardinals are their division foes, your telling me Seattle doesn't win their division and get a first round bye with cake division schedule like that?

Please, its a known fact Seattles division was probably the worst in football, and the NFC overall is definitely much weaker than the AFC.

Finally, Tatupu had 3 tackles against Carolina in the Championship game, The primary reason Seattle won that game was that Carolina couldn't stop Seattle on the ground or in the air, to make a statement as an earlier poster did that Seattle doesn't get past Carolina without Tatupu is ridiculous.

He is a very good rookie middle linebacker, my point was his smallish size, 5'11" 230 pounds, would not make him an ideal prospect in Nick Sabans book, and yes, I would take Channing Crowder over him every day of the week.

The division is only 6 games and with the Rams, Seattle generally losses to them even when they suck.

Seattle's defense would of faltered in Carolina without Tatupu. Just like every other year. I would make the suggestion of watching the game.

ckparrothead said:
As far as Orr is concerned, I believe that there are actually a fair few size/speed stories that are very similar to Orr, that should all go in the same area. Martin Nance is one. Todd Watkins is another. It speaks to this draft's weak WR class that size/speed stories like them are late Day 1 or early Day 2 prospects.

As far as Seattle is concerned, without Lofa Tatupu they don't win more than 10 games. Without winning more than 10 games they don't get homefield advantage OR a bye week. They would have won their wildcard round game at home in Seattle where they are strong, but likely would have lost in the divisional round.

They didn't win the Carolina game because of Lofa Tatupu. They won the Carolina game because Carolina had to travel a third week in a row all the way across the country. Seattle had the homefield advantage because of Tatupu, however.

Pittsburgh traveled what? 6 games in a row? Didn't seem to stop them...lame excuse.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
The division is only 6 games and with the Rams, Seattle generally losses to them even when they suck.

Seattle's defense would of faltered in Carolina without Tatupu. Just like every other year. I would make the suggestion of watching the game.

I've watched a lot more games than you have my friend.

Carolina's defense couldn't stop Seattles offense, plain and simple, without Tatupu, the game might have been slightly closer, either way, Seattle blows them off the field.

BlueFin said:
I've watched a lot more games than you have my friend.

Carolina's defense couldn't stop Seattles offense, plain and simple, without Tatupu, the game might have been slightly closer, either way, Seattle blows them off the field.

Seattle games? Which is impossible since I have seen them all last year.

Tatupu literally knocked Nick Goings out.

Plus the fact that the defense totally shut out the Panthers. A main factor of that was Tatupu. Especially after knocking Nick Goings out.

BlueFin, Dupree lives in Seattle and is somewhat of an expert on them, at least as far as Dolphin fans go.

I can virtually guarantee he's seen more Seattle games than you have. He's probably seen more Seattle games than I have Dolphins games.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Seattle games? Which is impossible since I have seen them all last year.

Tatupu literally knocked Nick Goings out.

Plus the fact that the defense totally shut out the Panthers. A main factor of that was Tatupu. Especially after knocking Nick Goings out.

Yeah, his 3 tackles were dominant in that one.

Look, its quite obvious you are much more of a Seattle fan than you appear to be, must be to watch every game, so I understand your homerism about Tatupu.

You must have hated the Superbowl huh?

ckparrothead said:
BlueFin, Dupree lives in Seattle and is somewhat of an expert on them, at least as far as Dolphin fans go.

I can virtually guarantee he's seen more Seattle games than you have. He's probably seen more Seattle games than I have Dolphins games.

I was referring to games in general of course.

And since he's now out of the closet as a Seahawk fan(having watched every game), I can appreciate his homerism towards Tatupu.

BlueFin said:
Yeah, his 3 tackles were dominant in that one.

Look, its quite obvious you are much more of a Seattle fan than you appear to be, must be to watch every game, so I understand your homerism about Tatupu.

You must have hated the Superbowl huh?

If you want to know the explaination it is because I go to a bar every sunday with one of my best friends who is a Seahawk fan. Unless I close my eyes during the second game (since the Dolphins generally play the first) there is no reason not to watch the Seahawks. They are on both big screens at the bar.

I don't understand your anti-Tatupu. He is much better than Godfrey or Kirkland or Katravinski(however you spell that dude's name).

Still low blow on the calling me a Seahawk fan.

I hated the superbowl as a football fan.

BlueFin said:

And since he's now out of the closet as a Seahawk fan(having watched every game), I can appreciate his homerism towards Tatupu.

do you not watch football when it is on TV?

tatupu is very good. bluefin has a point and he's sticking to it no matter what is said, don't worry about him.

BlueFin said:

I agree with everything Dupree has said about Tatupu. Am I a closet Seattle fan?

ckparrothead said:

CK....From what I read and of course we'll have to wait for the combine, but Orr is a pure 4.3 guy, where as Nance is 4.5 he had a knee injury in 2004 and Watkins is a 4.4.

fishypete said:
CK....From what I read and of course we'll have to wait for the combine, but Orr is a pure 4.3 guy, where as Nance is 4.5 he had a knee injury in 2004 and Watkins is a 4.4.

When someone says a guy like Orr is a 4.3 guy, I assume he's a 4.4 guy until he shows me different. I expect Watkins to run the same time as Orr, or close to it...and I expect Nance to come close to those two. Either way, they are both all three very similar size/speed stories.

Back
Top Bottom