I hope I'm wrong....but..... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope I'm wrong....but.....

Where the **** have you been all weekend?

lol i posted some, i don't usually have much free time to post, not that my opinion matters too much from a study standpoint but i liked mcmillian and really liked asiata, haven't seen the other picks so far though, sorry if i was a bit overly negative lol, still a fan regardless.

I don't see how people could be upset with this draft. I understand how people feel about Harris considering they liked the other guys on the board, but outside of that I don't think many people could do better than how we did in day 2 and 3.

Some people won't be happy until we have 5 pro bowlers on the offensive line, then they will want us to draft a lineman in the first in case one gets injured.

We needed to address the defense and we did.

Because players develop after college thats why a Tom Brady can be picked in the 6th that is also why a player like Wake bomb in the NFL goes to the CFL and comes back to the NFL as one of the best DE. So my argument holds plenty of merit many Gms don't see Willis as the god send you see him as that just a fact. Can he still develop and become a better player then even Myles Garret yes it is possible but not likely and the odds are against it and that is why he was drafted in the 3rd.

Yes but you used that too attack Jordan....double talk!

For the record...I like the picks from the 3rd round on....love Asiata.

I just would have picked different players in rounds 1 & 2....and so would have Gil Brandt...the godfather of college scouting.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I don't see how people could be upset with this draft. I understand how people feel about Harris considering they liked the other guys on the board, but outside of that I don't think many people could do better than how we did in day 2 and 3.

I would have taken the linebacker in round 1...and Jordan Willis in round 2...thats how.

The rest is fine.

I would have taken the linebacker in round 1...and Jordan Willis in round 2...thats how.

The rest is fine.

I hear ya. I liked Willis as well. But considering we drafted the best ILB in the draft with no flaws in his game and we still got a pass rusher with great tools and wide arsenal of moves, it worked out great. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where the guy was picked, only thing that matters is where he'll fit on the team and how he'll be used. Both Harris and McMillan fit that philosophy.

Yes but you used that too attack Jordan....double talk!

For the record...I like the picks from the 3rd round on....love Asiata.

I just would have picked different players in rounds 1 & 2....and so would have Gil Brandt...the godfather of college scouting.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

The rest is fine.

I clearly states at the end how that fit Willis. Right now Harris and others were deemed to have a better chance at being a great player. My point is if Willis was that great on tape or production he wouldn't have been the 5th or 6th DE taken. Now does that mean he can't develop past his draft status no.

But your assessment of Harris fits that same mold too and as many here have pointed out he is one of the best pure pass rushers which gives High that higher ceiling. Now whether he realizes that is another thing.

Foster has all the tools the be the best but will his injures/drugs/attitude derail him? After seeing Jordan there is a big chance that is a yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, Gase made all the good picks. The first round pick was probably all Tannenbaum/Grier/Philbin though.

Must really stick in your craw that we have a competent HC. Must really suck to be you.

I hear ya. I liked Willis as well. But considering we drafted the best ILB in the draft with no flaws in his game and we still got a pass rusher with great tools and wide arsenal of moves, it worked out great. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where the guy was picked, only thing that matters is where he'll fit on the team and how he'll be used. Both Harris and McMillan fit that philosophy.

Your ok with a DE that is weak versus the run....and a two down linebacker?....Serious question?

I clearly states at the end how that fit Willis. Right now Harris and others were deemed to have a better chance at being a great player. My point is if Willis was that great on tape or production he wouldn't have been the 5th or 6th DE taken. Now does that mean he can't develop past his draft status no.

But your assessment of Harris fits that same mold too and as many here have pointed out he is one of the best pure pass rushers which gives High that higher ceiling. Now whether he realizes that is another thing.

Foster has all the tools the be the best but will his injures/drugs/attitude derail him? After seeing Jordan there is a big chance that is a yes.

The difference is Jordan willis was strong against the run as well as recording I believe 28 sacks...and he is constantly trying to improve....working with former all pro will shields all year to learn how to deal with NFL left tackles....My money is on Willis having a greater career than Harris.

Back
Top Bottom