I hope I'm wrong....but..... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope I'm wrong....but.....

You can highlight any weakness as a major weakness. It comes down to if the coaching staff can correct those flaws or mask them. You are not talking about players we are signing for 30 mill/year. They are college players.
The Patriots don't have a reign because they picked up flawless players. They went through the garbage pile of other teams and merged them into a system where they can excel.

When teams are scouting they are not only scouting for the ability and the strength of a college player but also if they can be developed. Not too long ago there was a great article on Belicheck discussing his drafting strategy. He actually drafts a lot on weakness and challenges that player to overcome them.
Drafting is always one aspect, coaching is the other.

Before you declare anything a failure let the kids first go to camp and enter the learning curve.

Good stuff and we finally have coaches that can developed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya, decent points, but I guarantee you that I (and a slew of others here) could have drafted better than Jeff Ireland. No doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

My mom could've drafted better.

"Oh he's got nice arms, and his name is easy to say, draft him!!"

Why did Jason Taylor slip to the 3rd?...how did all those great GMs miss his obvious talent? Tom Brady 6th round etc etc etc.....

Your argument has no merit.

Because players develop after college thats why a Tom Brady can be picked in the 6th that is also why a player like Wake bomb in the NFL goes to the CFL and comes back to the NFL as one of the best DE. So my argument holds plenty of merit many Gms don't see Willis as the god send you see him as that just a fact. Can he still develop and become a better player then even Myles Garret yes it is possible but not likely and the odds are against it and that is why he was drafted in the 3rd.

weren´t we all excited about that 2013 draft at the time!!! hindsight is 20/20

Why did Jason Taylor slip to the 3rd?...how did all those great GMs miss his obvious talent? Tom Brady 6th round etc etc etc.....

Your argument has no merit.

because people are certain only first round picks succeed, i argued with a lot of people over this and its scary how ignorant they are about round 2-4 round successes, this was an amazing draft to trade down because 2-4 was riddled with talent and we had a lot of holes to fill. Not only did they not look to trade down, they were offered two trades down which grier said he didn't even look at before he ran the picks up, so its not even in these guys comprehension to trade down in a perfect scenario, these are the guys running our ship, i doubt we'll ever have a good draft with these guys, last year was the highest ceiling for them, and that was because of crazy luck, their stupidity is just off the charts, wish i didn't have to be this negative about it but it was really beyond belief bad. I would have probably given this draft a c now that we got asiata(who i really liked, haven't looked at the others since round 3), if it was a normal draft, however since it was so loaded with talent in the mid rounds and we drafted that bad it definitely gets an f.

This just proves how right i was about mid round talent, not that i care too much because it is just a game, however as a fan, i just wish the people that run this joint weren't as close minded as a lot of the posters because it really hurts the team. It seems their mindset has been through these two drafts to only go get their guys and trading down doesn't even enter their thinking, "killed it" mike.

it was a good draft, the 1st pick was the only questionable one. A guy who looked horrible against poor LT's in college, and can only do one thing: spin. But I'm hoping Wake can turn him into Wake 2.0

Back
Top Bottom