I hope I'm wrong....but..... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope I'm wrong....but.....

Why did Jason Taylor slip to the 3rd?...how did all those great GMs miss his obvious talent? Tom Brady 6th round etc etc etc.....

Your argument has no merit.

It has plenty of merit. Your argument relies on the outliers and the anomalies which has far less merit

No guards.

No fs

No Dt

I am not excited about Harris but can live with it

Fair to say that I am far from pleased

The draft isn't over. There's a FS that reporters have linked to the Dolphins. Same thing with G. Both players are still available. The draft isn't over, and I hope you weren't expecting every hole to be filled this offseason.

I'm disappointed overall.

C Harris was on of the guys I was worried we'd get all offseason
McCmillan just looks like a pedestrian LB to me Really wish we would have grabbed a safety here
Tankersley could be god but I was praying we'd get Desmond King

I haven't felt this bad about a draft since 2013.

Players with major weaknesses in their games with strong talent available at both picks.

Something is wrong with our evaluation process....Grier's job should ride on this class impacting 2017 big time and be fired if they don't.

I would have rather fixed our O-line for good with two guards than take two defenders this flawed.

I hope I'm wrong...this draft sets us way back if I'm right.

These guys aren't finished products. Harris sounds like he is smart and has natural talent, hopefully he can be coached up to learn to use his hands better, and get better at stopping the run. We needed a young pass rusher. Raekwon looks like a nice potential replacement for Koa Misi, and the young corner basically has a red shirt Year to make an impact on special teams and learn how to play corner in the NFL so we can dump maxwell and his $10 million cap hit next year.

Let's let these guys learn and play a bit before we start deeming them bad picks and bad players. We needed this infusion of young prospects on our aging defense that is full of holes. We needed a young pass rusher, linebacker, and corner and that's exactly what we got.

You are entitled to your opinion.................HOWEVER.............

All players have deficiencies...
There are no perfect players....
The measurables are not an end all be all thing...

How many "imperfect" players have ended up ALL-PRO or HALL OF FAMERS?
You gotta see how it plays out....

Many players end up more than what you thought they would be.

IF you were such a good valuator of talent...you would be the GM....you are not
IF this were an exact science everyone would have the same draft board.....
32 teams...32 different draft boards....

You get my drift.....watch the season...watch and see what happens....could be good...could be bad.....

Quit being so critical......they have filled needs....lets see how it all works out.....

The funniest part of this whole process are the people who label drafts or kids busts or terrible before the entire draft is even over or some poor kid has even taken a pro snap yet. Biggest difference between REAL GMs and message board ones are Real GMs get payed or fired for who they pick. Repercussions for every decision.

Message board GMs just move on to the next player we shoulda...woulda...coulda had.... and ooops...my bad on that last pick of mine. Why not just enjoy the draft and the different ways players get evaluated as opposed to the extreme arguments. Guy is a bust or the next coming

As for the ones who think you can do better than the 32 NFL GMs.. YOU CAN"T...bottom line you cant. Not even remotely. Its a fun thought but the scope of all the tools they have and use at their disposal are unfathomable as opposed to buying a draft book...watching some games and viewing You Tube( myself included) .Drafting people...especially young people is an extremely inexact science. Those who think they have all the answers never had one to begin with.

The funniest part of this whole process are the people who label drafts or kids busts or terrible before the entire draft is even over or some poor kid has even taken a pro snap yet. Biggest difference between REAL GMs and message board ones are Real GMs get payed or fired for who they pick. Repercussions for every decision.

Message board GMs just move on to the next player we shoulda...woulda...coulda had.... and ooops...my bad on that last pick of mine. Why not just enjoy the draft and the different ways players get evaluated as opposed to the extreme arguments. Guy is a bust or the next coming

As for the ones who think you can do better than the 32 NFL GMs.. YOU CAN"T...bottom line you cant. Not even remotely. Its a fun thought but the scope of all the tools they have and use at their disposal are unfathomable as opposed to buying a draft book...watching some games and viewing You Tube( myself included) .Drafting people...especially young people is an extremely inexact science. Those who think they have all the answers never had one to begin with.

I hear ya, decent points, but I guarantee you that I (and a slew of others here) could have drafted better than Jeff Ireland. No doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

Love the three picks and I am always a glass half empty guy.

I hear ya, decent points, but I guarantee you that I (and a slew of others here) could have drafted better than Jeff Ireland. No doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

I hear ya too. Just saying these guys can have hundreds of personal info at their disposal and still totally screw it up. At least it's a thorough investigated screwup lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see the OP's draft history posts. We should all have to stand by ours, especially when making concern troll posts like this one.

I haven't felt this bad about a draft since 2013.

Players with major weaknesses in their games with strong talent available at both picks.

Something is wrong with our evaluation process....Grier's job should ride on this class impacting 2017 big time and be fired if they don't.

I would have rather fixed our O-line for good with two guards than take two defenders this flawed.

I hope I'm wrong...this draft sets us way back if I'm right.

You can highlight any weakness as a major weakness. It comes down to if the coaching staff can correct those flaws or mask them. You are not talking about players we are signing for 30 mill/year. They are college players.
The Patriots don't have a reign because they picked up flawless players. They went through the garbage pile of other teams and merged them into a system where they can excel.

When teams are scouting they are not only scouting for the ability and the strength of a college player but also if they can be developed. Not too long ago there was a great article on Belicheck discussing his drafting strategy. He actually drafts a lot on weakness and challenges that player to overcome them.
Drafting is always one aspect, coaching is the other.

Before you declare anything a failure let the kids first go to camp and enter the learning curve.

The bottom line is, Harris needs to learn how to play the run, McMillan needs to be better in pass coverage and Tankersley needs to get stronger and tackle better.

Also to be honest, to label any one of these guys as a bust already is pure hyperbole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom line is, Harris needs to learn how to play the run, McMillan needs to be better in pass coverage and Tankersley needs to get stronger and tackle better.

Bottom line is, We're an attacking front so penetration and pass rush is the priority, McMillan is a plug 'n play 3 down middle backer with great instincts which translate well to pass coverage, and Tankersley is strong as his strength is being a press CB with good recovery speed and all CBs could learn to tackle better.

We meet our bottom line and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:
All 3 picks help the weaknesses of the D.

Harris adds future pass rushing that Wake only has.

Raekwon is a, like SoS said, is a plug n play backer with excellent instincts.

Tootie is a good press man prospect with excellent speed and proven track record.

Outside of Howard no one in our secondary had true potential. Lippett is good, but I don't ever see #1 corner ability when he plays. He's a poor mans a Antonio Cromartie all the way down to the limited tackling ability.

Back
Top Bottom