Is Burke next to get the axe? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Burke next to get the axe?

Gase doesn't strike me as a guy who likes input. He wouldn't think about giving up play calling until he needed to concede to save his job and give himself someone else to blame. He's taken to blaming players in the media. He's cut players to get the team's attention. He has consistently backed bad players regardless of outcome or performance (Cutler and Pouncey come to mind).

This is a coach who is threatened by players and relinquishing power. And he is suddenly going to go hire an ex-HC who specializes in D? Who could pose a threat on team owned by a guy who is notorious for making half-decisions? Opening the door for him to fire Gase and promote ex-HC while keeping TB?

Nope. Gase is the type that won't change unless he needs to save his behind. And then it is only cosmetic. Keep dreaming. He keeps Burke so when he gets RT back and the defense sucks again, he can use Burke as a scapegoat to save his job. This is business management survival 101.

Gase doesn't strike me as a guy who likes input.

And you know this from your numerous meetings with the man?

This is a coach who is threatened by players and relinquishing power. And he is suddenly going to go hire an ex-HC who specializes in D? Who could pose a threat on team owned by a guy who is notorious for making half-decisions?

Again, any kind of examples would be great, especially for being *notorious* for half-decisions

This is a guy who got a huge vote of support from Payton Manning when he was interviewing among others. Yet somehow, everyone he worked with missed these *small* character flaws that you have picked up from a couple of press conferences

Last edited:
Gase doesn't strike me as a guy who likes input. He wouldn't think about giving up play calling until he needed to concede to save his job and give himself someone else to blame. He's taken to blaming players in the media. He's cut players to get the team's attention. He has consistently backed bad players regardless of outcome or performance (Cutler and Pouncey come to mind).

This is a coach who is threatened by players and relinquishing power. And he is suddenly going to go hire an ex-HC who specializes in D? Who could pose a threat on team owned by a guy who is notorious for making half-decisions? Opening the door for him to fire Gase and promote ex-HC while keeping TB?

Nope. Gase is the type that won't change unless he needs to save his behind. And then it is only cosmetic. Keep dreaming. He keeps Burke so when he gets RT back and the defense sucks again, he can use Burke as a scapegoat to save his job. This is business management survival 101.

Lots of insight there. Would read again.

Sigh.

Sadly I agree

Was it Burke’s fault, or the personnel? I don’t care if Buddy Ryan is your dc, your defense will look questionable with linebacker play like we had.
KiKi Alonzo played terrible, he was part of the problem, tackling with his arms and always seems to be out of posistion.

He was given Kiko Alonso who couldn't cover my grandmother...and she's dead

He was given Timmons who went awol then gave us a couple of decent games
and faded the rest of the season. I'm sure he doesn't want to be here and his play showed that.

Mike Hull tries but just doesn't have the physical gifts to be a LB in the NFL

Stephone Anthony AND Chase Allen...MEH

He was given a fat drunk to play Linebacker...enough said

He was given two strong safeties of which if we're being honest
are not very good in coverage

He was given Andre Branch who had 4.5 sacks but honestly
do you remember a great play he made all season?
Expect less of the same next season

William Hayes played in 10 games with 1 sack and 14 tackles
ended up on IR meh

He was given Harris who came on a bit at the end of the season
but for the most part did a great disappearing act that Harry Houdini
would have been proud of.

Raekwon McMillan 1play and done IR

Last years starting corner Tony Lippett...IR

Cordrea Tankersley only played in 11 games(1 game he only had 8 defensive snaps)
So you can say he played in 10 games and missed a considerable amount of time

Burke has done things that make you shake your head
his system is questionable but it was his 1st year as DC
and he didn't exactly have a great hand dealt to him

There were times when Burke looked like he had no answers. He does not know how to make adjustments during the game. Vance Joseph showed some ability last year. Unfortunately, Joseph did not have any good Linebackers other than Alonzo who played the last 3 games with one arm. I am totally satisfied with the players we have on defense now, so Gase needs to find a better DC than Burke.

KiKi Alonzo played terrible, he was part of the problem, tackling with his arms and always seems to be out of posistion.
I agree Alonzo was pretty bad this season. But folks please remember, Alonzo has played his entire college and pro career as a MLB until this past season. So we have to give him somewhat of a pass. Let's see what he does next season with 2 off-seasons worth of adjustment to the WLB position.

I was not a huge fan of our defensive scheme but the Eagles run the same one and finished 4th in points allowed and had the 1st ranked rushing defense in yards allowed. They allowed 7 rushing TD's to Miami's 14 and had a very similar pass defense (to Miami's) in yards allowed and TD's.

I was not a huge fan of our defensive scheme but the Eagles run the same one and finished 4th in points allowed and had the 1st ranked rushing defense in yards allowed. They allowed 7 rushing TD's to Miami's 14 and had a very similar pass defense (to Miami's) in yards allowed and TD's.

I believe they finished first in both rushing and pass d...

to my eye scheme is not the problem...assignment accountability and tackling were the primary issues

Tackling was a problem but so was the lack of a consistent pass rush from the edge. So many times we saw the QB just sitting there with all day to throw which makes it hard to cover receivers for that long. It's always easy to blame the coach for everything but that's blinding yourself to think that we had a lot of talent when in reality we don't

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom