Is Burke next to get the axe? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Burke next to get the axe?

nick foles tells me different

but whatev...

I am of the opinion that Pederson is one of the more underrated coaches at the moment, and that he intentionally dumbed down his game plan the last two weeks of the season. There was nothing to play for in the last game.

Hey, I've been wrong before, but I watched that game and immediately thought, "They're sandbagging." We'll see this weekend, but I wouldn't touch that game with a ten-foot pole.

Disagree. The scheme can be extremely effective with the right personnel. To this point, I think the Raekwon McMillan injury was far more damaging than most people realize, and it would not surprise me to see Roquon Smith drafted in the first.
Extremely effective? When? Sons went very in depth awhile back and said how the pats implemented it to stop a specific thing the colts were doing it (or the colts did vs the pats, one of those) but basically that was almost 20 years ago, the league has changed a lot and it’s not very effective as of recently ...

I am of the opinion that Pederson is one of the more underrated coaches at the moment, and that he intentionally dumbed down his game plan the last two weeks of the season. There was nothing to play for in the last game.

Hey, I've been wrong before, but I watched that game and immediately thought, "They're sandbagging." We'll see this weekend, but I wouldn't touch that game with a ten-foot pole.

what? why would you sand bag with a qb you need to get ready for the postseason? looks to me like foles cant execute tying play caller hands...seen that before somewhere hmmm

Extremely effective? When? Sons went very in depth awhile back and said how the pats implemented it to stop a specific thing the colts were doing it (or the colts did vs the pats, one of those) but basically that was almost 20 years ago, the league has changed a lot and it’s not very effective as of recently ...

The 2017 Philadelphia Eagles and Jim Schwartz would beg to differ.

sons took that stuff way way too far...I tried to warn him but he no listen

I've seen many people here who don't like to bring in coaches from the Bengals or Bears. Well, another former Beganl goes to the raiders

9336.jpg

Raiders hired Paul Guenther as defensive coordinator and Greg Olson as offensive coordinator.

The Raiders flirted with ex-Lions DC Teryl Austin, but he chose the Bengals instead. Although Guenther's 2017 Cincinnati defense faded down the stretch in large part due to injuries, his units were consistently no worse than league average. In four years with Guenther coordinating, Cincinnati finished 14th (2014), 10th (2015), 17th (2016), and 17th (2017) in Football Outsiders' defensive DVOA. Olson is best known for his work with young quarterbacks, namely Josh Freeman, Blake Bortles, and Sam Bradford, albeit with mixed results. He was also Derek Carr's position coach during his 2014 rookie year and spent 2017 on the Rams' staff working with Jared Goff.

Ozzy rules!!

what? why would you sand bag with a qb you need to get ready for the postseason? looks to me like foles cant execute tying play caller hands...seen that before somewhere hmmm

To not tip your hand as much going into the playoffs. You don't think it's odd that Nick Foles just tore up a bad Giants D, but suddenly shut it down vs. Oakland...who is nearly as bad?

To not tip your hand as much going into the playoffs. You don't think it's odd that Nick Foles just tore up a bad Giants D, but suddenly shut it down vs. Oakland...who is nearly as bad?

I don't think he shut it down I think he stunk up the joint

seen him do a lot of that actually...its the same matt moore theory...diminishing returns

the more time teams get to prep for a guy the more they can expose his weaknesses and why he's depth in the first place...

but hey if he comes out and that eagles o looks like the rams greatest show on turf in it's prime i will absolutely say I was wrong...

alshon jefferys body language tells me different

sons took that stuff way way too far...I tried to warn him but he no listen

Oh yeah, I dont deny he was pretty opinionated and sometimes too much (coughkikocough) but I don't think he was that wrong about the wide 9. seems to get gashed vs the run, but maybe we are just accustomed to bad teams

I believe they finished first in both rushing and pass d...

to my eye scheme is not the problem...assignment accountability and tackling were the primary issues

Philly finished 17th in pass defense (Miami 16th) and gave up only two fewer passing TD's than Miami. 26 to 24. Totally agree about tackling. They are going to have to bite the bullet on Alonso and bench him or something. He was awful at WLB. He was actually better at MLB last year with lesser DT's. Not sure what they do at LBer. I wish we got a longer look at McMillan last year. Our rookie DT's overachieved based on draft slot but they are going to have to step up in year two. Phillips is what he always was....inconsistent. There are no easy answers on defense thanks to personnel moves and contracts last year.

Maybe move Kiko back to the middle, put TJ (6'2 220) at WLB and McMillan at SLB? Draft a true free safety. Personally I would try and trade Phillips and think about drafting Vita Vea but that would require a scheme change. I'd love to hire Gus Bradley as DC and see Suh at 3T, Vea at UT and give Godchaux a shot at 5T. We are so handcuffed due to 2017 contracts, not to mention the drafting of Harris who is probably a 43 WDE only. I don't know....I'm puzzled this off season.

Philly finished 17th in pass defense (Miami 16th) and gave up only two fewer passing TD's than Miami. 26 to 24. Totally agree about tackling. They are going to have to bite the bullet on Alonso and bench him or something. He was awful at WLB. He was actually better at MLB last year with lesser DT's. Not sure what they do at LBer. I wish we got a longer look at McMillan last year. Our rookie DT's overachieved based on draft slot but they are going to have to step up in year two. Phillips is what he always was....inconsistent. There are no easy answers on defense thanks to personnel moves and contracts last year.

Maybe move Kiko back to the middle, put TJ (6'2 220) at WLB and McMillan at SLB? Draft a true free safety. Personally I would try and trade Phillips and think about drafting Vita Vea but that would require a scheme change. I'd love to hire Gus Bradley as DC and see Suh at 3T, Vea at UT and give Godchaux a shot at 5T. We are so handcuffed due to 2017 contracts, not to mention the drafting of Harris who is probably a 43 WDE only. I don't know....I'm puzzled this off season.

could have sworn I heard them same philly had the top d in run and pass maybe it was scoring I don't know...but anyways definitely sounds like you are puzzled ha ha

I agree kiko played better at mike than weak...more playmaking more instincts getting to show less carry coverage exposure...it doesn't help either that by the game you could see Timmons aging before your eyes...he got slower as the season went along

Back
Top Bottom