Is Luck vs. Tannehill the next Brady vs. Manning? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Luck vs. Tannehill the next Brady vs. Manning?

How many offensive TD's have the Jets had in their last two games?

Good afternoon monday morning troll. If you wanted to talk smack about Tannehill you could have just started another thread instead of bringing back last weeks thread.

Justlike I said don't get too high b/c Ryan was off to a good start, don't get too low on him after yesterday. He's a rookie, he's going to have ups and downs. yesterday he was down, next week he could be up?

Just like we said don't get too high b/c mark was off to a good start, don't get too low on him after last season. He's a 4 year vet, he's going to have his ups and downs but if he doesn't have it figured it out by now he never will. RIIIIIIGHT?

you sure are chatty after that home humiliation against a bad team yesterday.

352oldv-1.jpg

Junc's right, there is nothing wrong with what he is saying. The problem is we are in a stage where you can't say truthful negative stuff about RT17 without many posters getting upset. You can't say he played poorly yesterday, every INT was someone else fault, heck one was probably my fault maybe I left the room to get a beer and Tannehill threw an INT. You can't say the fact that our offense has put up 6 points in the last 6 quarters of play is pathetic without posters getting upset pointing out our very obvious lack of playmakers. Doesn't matter that we were playing statistically 2 of the NFL's weakest defenses it was still the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens to some posters. Tannehill could be a HOF QB at the end of his career but right now whether we like it or not the jury is still out. This site can tear our defense apart without anyone getting upset even though they are responsible for our 4 wins this year and we've seen nothing that could lead us to believe this offense could carry us to victory. Doesn't matter, Sean Smith sucks, Chris Clemons sucks, Rashaad jones is another Finheaven darling, got beat for the one Titans passing TD and I never saw it posted once.

I would love to see our offense come out and hang 40 on Buffalo on Thursday but lets face it, we need to huddle up, snap the ball after the full 40 seconds winds down, commit to the run to limit mistakes and avoid short field and lots of possessions for Buffalo.

hires155473921_crop_exactjpgw650h440q75-1.jpg

Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
Today's NFL fans are always looking for the next great rivalry. For the last decade we have been treated to classic duels between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. These two have battled it out for both AFC supremacy and the title of best QB in the NFL.
However, their time is closer to the end than the beginning and it is time to prepare for the next wave of great QB matchups. Week 9 presented us with a clash between Andrew Luck and Ryan Tannehill, a clash that showcased the immense talent and potential of both players.
Now, the Luck/RGIII rivalry may seem like the biggest moving forward, but playing in different conferences will severely limit the amount of times those two actually get on the field together. Luck/Tannehill on the other hand, could happen nearly every season.

hires93078694_crop_exactjpgw650h440q85-1.jpg
The Manning vs. Brady rivalry has been among the best in NFL history
Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Obviously these two are not ready to take the over the reins from Brady/Manning, but look at the great game they just put on. Luck's Indianapolis Colts edged out Tannehill's Miami Dolphins in a classic 23-20 thriller.
The contest came down to the fourth quarter and both QBs demonstrated why the future is bright for their respective franchises. Just like both Brady and Manning, Luck is already making a name for himself in the fourth quarter.
3yx5przfhwbp3pu10zpe_normal-1.png
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Andrew Luck now has 4 game-winning drives in 4th qtr/OT.. the other rookie starting QBs (Tannehill, Wilson, RG3, Weeden) have 4 total

4 Nov 12

It is these types of battles that can build a long-term rivalry that people care about. Manning and Brady have faced off countless times and always seem to deliver memorable performances. Luck and Tannehill both did just that on Sunday.
Which potential rivalry is most exciting?

Luck vs. Griffin III

25.3%

Luck vs. Tannehill

68.9%

Griffin III vs. Tannehill

1.1%

Something involving Wilson or Weeden

4.7%

Total votes: 2,207

Luck set a rookie record with 433 yards passing and Tannehill did his best to keep up with 290 passing yards and two touchdowns. Neither player threw an interception and neither player ever relented in their pursuit of victory,
Are Luck and Tannehill already on the level of Brady and Manning?
Clearly not, but that is not the question being asked. The fact is that these two have laid the groundwork for a tremendous rivalry moving forward. The Dolphins and Colts are both organizations that are quickly gaining traction.
Indianapolis has exceeded any and all expectations with its 5-3 start while Miami is firmly in the middle of the AFC playoff race at 4-4. What we saw in Week 9 was hopefully only a preview of many great battles to come.
Reaching the levels of Manning vs. Brady will take many years and numerous Super Bowl titles, but Luck and Tannehill have given us a fantastic glimpse into the potential of their budding rivalry.

LMAO. I say NO. Luck is great. Tannehill is average at best. Hope I'm wrong. I really do. But to mention Tanny in the same sentence as Luck is a joke. Again, I hope I'm wrong.....but I seldom am wrong.

Good afternoon monday morning troll. If you wanted to talk smack about Tannehill you could have just started another thread instead of bringing back last weeks thread.

Just like we said don't get too high b/c mark was off to a good start, don't get too low on him after last season. He's a 4 year vet, he's going to have his ups and downs but if he doesn't have it figured it out by now he never will. RIIIIIIGHT?

How am I trolling? I give you guys a day to vent and I say something nice about your QB.

LMAO. I say NO. Luck is great. Tannehill is average at best. Hope I'm wrong. I really do. But to mention Tanny in the same sentence as Luck is a joke. Again, I hope I'm wrong.....but I seldom am wrong.

Ihaveahardtimebeliveinguknow****!

Just for perspective sake: say Luck and RG3 came out in '98, where would PManning go and if he was ours, what would we be saying about him after his 9th game and after the season?

175o21-1.jpg

Who knows but Luck is all ready one of the better QB's in the nfl and Tannehill still has a long way to go and teams have already learned that if you play a zone and let him try to be a hero he'll hurt his team.

Overall Tannehill is doing good for a rook, beating the blitz. Now he has to show he can beat zones, if he can.... he'll still be our starter in 3 years if not, then he'll be on another team in 3 years.

I hope I'm wrong.....but I seldom am wrong.

Really, then please make some predictions. Since you're seldom wrong there must be dozens of old threads where you've shown us the way, I'll just do a search and I'm confident there will be tons of stuff. I doubt you're seldom wrong because you never predict anything but just become the contrarian to popular opinion, gloat if it's wrong and disappear if it's right. I’ll do my search now, I’m really curious to know what else someone who’s seldom wrong has been right about.

Give me your SB pick so I can lay some money on them!

Back
Top Bottom