its official frerotte sucks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

enigmatics said:
How do his stats not reflect him outplaying Feeley? So do we just disregard stats? We get an experienced veteran who knows the system in Gus. It's really not all that difficult to understand really.

So show me the stats that show Gus clearly outplaying Feeley. Please.

vt_dolfan said:

See now you're splitting hairs. "Clearly outplaying"? So does this mean you're going to dispute the facts because in your eyes they don't beyond clearly and decisively prove something to you? Go look at the stats yourself man. Go to NFL.com and review the last two games. Gus has the better stats of the two.

vt_dolfan said:

You can set the stats aside and see that the offense just looks better and plays with more confidence with Gus in there. And there is NO doubt Gus' stats are better.

enigmatics said:
See now you're splitting hairs. "Clearly outplaying"? So does this mean you're going to dispute the facts because in your eyes they don't beyond clearly and decisively prove something to you? Go look at the stats yourself man. Go to NFL.com and review the last two games. Gus has the better stats of the two.

No..Im saying we have a veteran QB who knows the system and has not clearly outplayed Feeley who is dividing the snaps in practice and game and is pretty damn close to where Gus is. So if thats the case..and really starting Gus does nothing for us..we start Feeley because he could.

Look at it this way. Both QB's throw for similar yards and stats over the course of the year. In each scenario we finish around 9-7..8-8. If Feeley progresses over the year...and plays much better as he gets more xp...we probably dont invest a high pick in a QB next year. If Gus does the same..we draft a QB high..regardless.

vt_dolfan said:
No..Im saying we have a veteran QB who knows the system and has not clearly outplayed Feeley who is dividing the snaps in practice and game and is pretty damn close to where Gus is. So if thats the case..and really starting Gus does nothing for us..we start Feeley because he could.

Look at it this way. Both QB's throw for similar yards and stats over the course of the year. In each scenario we finish around 9-7..8-8. If Feeley progresses over the year...and plays much better as he gets more xp...we probably dont invest a high pick in a QB next year. If Gus does the same..we draft a QB high..regardless.

The variable, again, working against both of them is the fact that the entire offensive unit is starting from scratch under a new system. Yet Gus is the only QB of the two to have prior knowledge of the system in order to know where players are supposed to be. He can go out there and not have to overanalyze and out-think himself. Unfortunately AJ has to bear the burden of trying to physically make plays out there as he's juggling and analyzing the system and where his reads are. And yet again, Gus is an accomplished QB. He's not a superstar, but c'mon he's clearly achieved more then Feeley. You cannot deny that.

You keep bringing up "if Feeley does well" .......and you're pretty much resided to that fact. That's great. Some of us just don't share the same sentiment and some of us also feel as though both QB's are here for the short term, with Gus being the better candidate for that short term.... aka one flippin' season.

enigmatics said:
No..........there's fact......like Gus has better preseason stats than AJ. And then there's opinion which are usually preceeded by statements like "I doubt" ;)

stats and football dont mix. how do statistics distinguish between throwing an incomplete to avoid a sack and overthrowing a wide open reciever. they dont. even though one is a positive play and one is a negative all the "stats" show is that you threw an incomplete. i guarantee this one "fact" saban doesnt give a rats as# about stats:cool:

You can not as fans expect to win many games this year. I know it would be nice, but this year is a year of development. I still feel as a fan we will win every game, but lets look at the real. We do have a Qb issue, both of these Qb's are for sure average at best. Who do you start that is the question I for sure can not answer at the moment. Lets start the WATER BOY! Let me leave on a serious note. Nick will make the choice and I am sure it will be better then a Wanny call.

I know it is to late , but I would love Phillip Riveria on this team, who knows, next year is possible.

adamprez2003 said:
stats and football dont mix. how do statistics distinguish between throwing an incomplete to avoid a sack and overthrowing a wide open reciever. they dont. even though one is a positive play and one is a negative all the "stats" show is that you threw an incomplete. i guarantee this one "fact" saban doesnt give a rats as# about stats:cool:
the only stat anyone should care about is win loss.......IMO

adamprez2003 said:

But what he does care about is the fact that the offense has moved better with Gus in there. Obviously, they didn't get the ball in the end zone last night, but the ball was moving. With Feeley in there, they went NOWHERE.

Do not mistake what I am saying. I want us to win every game. I hope We put the QB who can win, not a development QB.

adamprez2003 said:

Alright if you say so. You go ahead and continue speaking on behalf of Nick Saban. Also have fun completely abandoning stats because they don't favor AJ Feeley. You're statement about incompletions to avoid sacks is stretching the truth. That might happen only a few times a game.

DolphinsRkool99 said:
I dont think Frerotte sucks.

I didn't see the game, but on the nfl superpass i listened to joe Rose and HE praised Ferrotte ......said he had an excellent pocket presence and went downfield well

SportsGuy04 said:
Do not mistake what I am saying. I want us to win every game. I hope We put the QB who can win, not a development QB.
that's not exactly true.....example,Dilfer/Ravens, But having a good to decent Qb doesnt hurt.

SCall13 said:
But what he does care about is the fact that the offense has moved better with Gus in there. Obviously, they didn't get the ball in the end zone last night, but the ball was moving. With Feeley in there, they went NOWHERE.

Don't tell him that. So far Gus has outdueled Feeley in successful scoring drives. 'Nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom