Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez

Of course he has a lot to prove. Most every QB in the league still has **** to prove. Wet grass? Were you at the game? How do you know the grass ****ed him over? He missed wide left with plenty of distance. It wasn't a squib kick.

I wasn't at the game but I am going to go out on a limb and say the grass was wet as it was raining late in that game. I am not blaming the wet field just adding to the fact that a 47-48 yd kick isn't a chip shot and it's ven more difficult on grass and more difficult on wet grass.

Hey maybe Junc is right and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I mean after alll a few years ago there was a lot of enthusiasm (at least on the 3 major Jets forums) for Taco as the "Sanchize" but if you read them alll now, he's now called "Sad Sack" and everyone but the homers are speculating what they could get for him in a trade and which NFL QBs they'd take over him (basically the consensus is most everyone but Cassel). Hell even the Tebow haters are ready to give him a shot!

So I guess he knows all too painfully about letting one's enthusiasm run unchecked, eh? :idk:

nah, I blame his K, HC, OL, RB, WR, OC, DC, the fans, the weather, the stadium, and anything else you can think of. It's never mark's fault:lol:

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I do think Tannehill has more POTENTIAL and a higher ceiling than both of them. Sanchez is regressing drastically and Fitz is stuck in Barfalo

I think that is a fair statement to make at this point. Fitz is a good garbage time QB, he makes plays when they don't matter. Sanchez was a good QB and has been regressing since the beginning of last year, until he pulls himself out of it I'd say tannehill has a higher ceiling as he is still unknown and unproven.

But...but...but this can't be!!! Everyone knows that all the media outlets, from ESPN to Charlie Rose, have an agenda of hate against the Miami Dolphins!

Do you mind me asking you nyjunc, why do you think Sanchez hasn't progressed as you would have expected, is it on him, the coaches, the talent round him or some mixture of the three?
Tannehill I'm really excited about, as are nearly all fans of the phins, how he is playing now is actually at an really high standard never mind what he could be like in a few years time. Get him some actual playmakers round him and we ill have a potent offense.

Do you mind me asking you nyjunc, why do you think Sanchez hasn't progressed as you would have expected, is it on him, the coaches, the talent round him or some mixture of the three?
Tannehill I'm really excited about, as are nearly all fans of the phins, how he is playing now is actually at an really high standard never mind what he could be like in a few years time. Get him some actual playmakers round him and we ill have a potent offense.

I think it's a combo, our talent has regressed and so has he. He needs to succeed in year 4 regardless of the talent so I am very disappointed w/ his play since early in that Pitt game but the Ol is struggling, we can't run, he's missing key pieces to throw to.

You guys should be excited about tannehill, he has shown flashes and he should get better w/ more experience but there still will be growing pains. I know if he has a stinker on Sunday we'll see threads saying he's a bust. The bottom line is you shouldn't get too high or too low on him, he's developing.

Hey maybe Junc is right and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I mean after alll a few years ago there was a lot of enthusiasm (at least on the 3 major Jets forums) for Taco as the "Sanchize" but if you read them alll now, he's now called "Sad Sack" and everyone but the homers are speculating what they could get for him in a trade and which NFL QBs they'd take over him (basically the consensus is most everyone but Cassel). Hell even the Tebow haters are ready to give him a shot!

So I guess he knows all too painfully about letting one's enthusiasm run unchecked, eh? :idk:

You should love Sanchez he has this mysterious playoff gene you always refer to

Thank you for this great post. Tannehill has played well but to blame the losses on the K isn't being fair especially when he set up his K for a near 50 yarder in OT. Carpenter has missed from 47, 48 & 51. None of them close to being chip shots, it's ridiculous to blame the K for those losses. Did he contribute? aboslutely but you set him up for a long FG on a wet grass field 2 weeks ago and the QB threw an INT to set up the opponents GW FG this past week.

Tannehill has shown me a lot but he still has an awful lot to prove.

Not again dude.....lol......he missed left and then he missed right.......it had nothing to do with 47,48 and 51.....he didn't miss short.

Ozzy rules!

Not again dude.....lol......he missed left and then he missed right.......it had nothing to do with 47,48 and 51.....he didn't miss short.

Ozzy rules!

what does that matter? those are not easy kicks, you act like you set him up for 30 yarders and he missed. 47,48,51 are certainly makeable but nowhere near a chip shot.

I think it's a combo, our talent has regressed and so has he. He needs to succeed in year 4 regardless of the talent so I am very disappointed w/ his play since early in that Pitt game but the Ol is struggling, we can't run, he's missing key pieces to throw to.

You guys should be excited about tannehill, he has shown flashes and he should get better w/ more experience but there still will be growing pains. I know if he has a stinker on Sunday we'll see threads saying he's a bust. The bottom line is you shouldn't get too high or too low on him, he's developing.

Well at least he and Sanchez have something in common neither had alot of good receivers to work with but congrats with Holmes out your corp is much worse than ours. You are a NY phan why dont they want Plax back, he doesnt want much money he played solid esp in redzone. He is better than basically every receiver on your team

You should love Sanchez he has this mysterious playoff gene you always refer to

I still like him and I'm still confident he'll be here for many years, I am frustrated w/ him though and unfortunately unless they declare the season over now I don't think we'll be making it back to postseason this year.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Well at least he and Sanchez have something in common neither had alot of good receivers to work with but congrats with Holmes out your corp is much worse than ours. You are a NY phan why dont they want Plax back, he doesnt want much money he played solid esp in redzone. He is better than basically every receiver on your team

I think it has everything to do w/ Sanchez, I don't thinbk they want him to be around Plax again. If Plax was Plax of 5 years ago I think they would have risked it but he couldn't do anything other than box out in the EZ last year. He couldn't get any seperation.

I still like him and I'm still confident he'll be here for many years, I am frustrated w/ him though and unfortunately unless they declare the season over now I don't think we'll be making it back to postseason this year.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I think it has everything to do w/ Sanchez, I don't thinbk they want him to be around Plax again. If Plax was Plax of 5 years ago I think they would have risked it but he couldn't do anything other than box out in the EZ last year. He couldn't get any seperation.
And you couldnt use him with the end zone struggles u guys are having. He was productive last year and besides Kerly none of your receiver now are having any better seperation

I wasn't at the game but I am going to go out on a limb and say the grass was wet as it was raining late in that game. I am not blaming the wet field just adding to the fact that a 47-48 yd kick isn't a chip shot and it's ven more difficult on grass and more difficult on wet grass.

No one said it was a chip shot. The fact that he pushed it left with the distance he needed is proof it was his fault. If the snap was high, or the snapper bobbled it, or the kick was blocked b/c he lost his footing b/c of the wet field, then it isn't his fault.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

This I agree with. It occurs way too often on this site but it's to be expected I guess. There are a lot of new posters on this site as well as ones who are forever negative.

Hey did you guys see that Rams kicker kick against Arizona last night, that guy is unbelievable.

Legatron was a sixth-round draft pick out of Division-II Missouri Western, is 12-for-12 in field goal attempts for the Rams this year, and became the first player in NFL history to make a field goal of 50 yards or more and one of 60 yards or more in the same game.

d-1

Hey did you guys see that Rams kicker kick against Arizona last night, that guy is unbelievable.

Legatron was a sixth-round draft pick out of Division-II Missouri Western, is 12-for-12 in field goal attempts for the Rams this year, and became the first player in NFL history to make a field goal of 50 yards or more and one of 60 yards or more in the same game.

d-1

Young Z? He was a better 6th round pick than we usually make!

yeah I forgot about that, but man right down the middle. What a great job to have if you could kick like that and still have the best seat in the house and he came from a small college.

d-1

"But it was in a dome....."

Back
Top Bottom