Jets Imploding? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Imploding?

It's an awkward situation for them because of what it signals. Rex Ryan has mostly left the offense up to its own devices since joining the Jets. He's expressed confidence in them over and over again. Now they're stinking up the joint and he's trying to get his hands dirty in the offense and Schottenheimer probably resents that.

Specifically if Rex Ryan disagrees with Schottenheimer's style of play calls and the playbook, then you gotta wonder if they can even work together.

I think we ought to restrain our glee for a few more weeks. They played a very tough Ravens team last night. They may bounce back - remember last season they were all but mathematically eliminated from postseason contention, Rex cried, and then suddenly things turned up.

I'm just not for celebrating the demise of an enemy until it's truly a demise.
I don't see the Ravens as being this great team that so many do. Their defense is not as good as a couple of years ago, they have key injuries in the secondary and quite honestly, I was not at all impressed with Flacco last night.

I don't think the Jets improved at the end of the season it's more of things fell in to place for them. If Manning plays the entire game week 16, the Jets are not in the play offs.

the game of football is an emotional one. these things sometimes happen. clearly the frustration level was through the roof last night for them. if they beat the Pats and Phins, watch that concern go right out the window.

I'm surprised you can kind of back up the Jets in this situation. More power to you. I, on the other hand, hate the Jets more than anything in my soul, and any little bit of information about the Jets unraveling/sucking I will blow completely out of proportion because I hate them that much.

I'm surprised you can kind of back up the Jets in this situation. More power to you. I, on the other hand, hate the Jets more than anything in my soul, and any little bit of information about the Jets unraveling/sucking I will blow completely out of proportion because I hate them that much.

Im not backing anything up. Im just not calling them done 1 week into the season. I like to try and look at things objectively, which I know is frowned upon here.

Im not backing anything up. Im just not calling them done 1 week into the season. I like to try and look at things objectively, which I know is frowned upon here.

hey, like I said, more power to you. Anything dealing with the Jets I will never look at objectively. In my eyes right now, they are sinking...and sinking fast.

It's an awkward situation for them because of what it signals. Rex Ryan has mostly left the offense up to its own devices since joining the Jets. He's expressed confidence in them over and over again. Now they're stinking up the joint and he's trying to get his hands dirty in the offense and Schottenheimer probably resents that.

Specifically if Rex Ryan disagrees with Schottenheimer's style of play calls and the playbook, then you gotta wonder if they can even work together.

I think no one can work with rex ryan.

The Ravens turn it over 4 times (twice in the red zone), miss a field goal and still win? The Jets got off LIGHTLY. Let's not crown the Jets Superbowl champs just because they didn't get blown out by the Ravens.

An emotional game? Yes.

Schottenheimer's a terrible play-caller? Yes.

All true.

But to go ape-**** after the first game is a sign of deeper problems. ... And these problems stem from Sexy Rexy and his big mouth. He's the one that brought it on them, and now everyone (though they say they love him) is slowly starting to wake up to the fact that he's picking fights that he himself doesn't have to participate in. ... Like the way he sends the whole defense on a blitz and leaves a rookie DB (in his VERY FIRST NFL GAME) all by himself to cover excellent, experienced receivers in key situations. Why? Because blitzes are sexy. The media likes blitzes. And so Rexy thinks they're good no matter what if they'll get him attention.

LOTS of pressure now to beat the Pats in Week 2. LOTS of pressure. ... Way too much for a Week 2 game.

And if they lose again, of course the Nyets can say, correctly, that the Pats are one of the better teams in the NFL. ... And they can say that again when they play the Dolphins, and again when they play.... I'll happily listen to that excuse all season long.

By contrast, what do you think will happen if the Dolphins lose to the Vikings? Will they need to make excuses all week long to everybody in the country, or will they be able to peacefully go back to work the next week to gear up for their next game?

I don't think you can stick a fork in them after losing to a team like the Ravens by 1.

But the franchise has been taking some serious PR body shots because of ol' Rex. If the Jets tumble this year and there's no football in 2011, do you want him casting his Pigpen cloud of filth over the franchise till the next real game some 19 months later? For a guy who lucked into the playoffs his first year, and then tanked in year two?

This January seems like a logical time for the team ownership to reassess the situation. If a guy like Cowher is ready to come back they could make the switch, and from a football standpoint at least, not miss a beat. Their image around the league would improve overnight.

Not sure Johnson cares about stuff like that, though. If so, on with the circus.

Yeah it was only one game, but now the rest of the league knows the Jets' glaring offensive weaknesses and will use that for game prep and planning. The Jets have a very tough stretch coming up and if they fail to address those holes, they could easily be 2-4 or worse before their BYE week. I really don't see HOW they will address the offense at this point, to be honest. If the Jets can't put up yards against a shaky Baltimore secondary, how are they going to fair against some of the better secondaries in the league?

Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.

You act like a 1 point loss means anything. We beat the Bills by only 5, doesn't mean we didn't destroy them though. You guys got embarassed in your new stadium, and will be battling with the Bills for the opportunity to draft Jake Locker or Andrew Luck. Get over it.

You didn't destroy them, Buf was very much in that game late in the 4th qtr and if not for an incredible punt that game could have been headed to OT.

It's not just that, it's the fact that you guys think you're Super Bowl contenders just because you have a great defense lol. Monday showed how terrible your offense and Mark (Dirty) Sanchez is lol. The Jets are going to implode sooner or later!

Our O will be better than last year and w/ that O we made the title game so we can win w/ this QB and this O.

rex is looking for someone to blame for that ****ty pass offense...of course he's gonna pick the oc...but he should pick the qb...but that would make HIM look bad...

at the same time though that ravens d is gonna make a lot of offenses look bad...lots of long downs and distances against that front 7 on the horizon...

still don't see any way rex gets fired after this season...just signed an extension during camp and all indications i've read are the owner loves him

alot of reaching going on right now. the Jets lost a close game to a very good football team. not to mention that horrible roughing the kicker call spun the game in favour of the Ravens. if they lose to NE, then Id start to be a bit concerned if Im them.

that wasnt a bad call... the rule states you MUST allow the kicker to land BOTH feet on the ground safely, or its rouching, or running. The way the Jets offense and sanchez played, they would have lost to any team in the league. Did you see sanchez on the last drive? He had no clue what to do when he couldnt hear the play being called in.

Back
Top Bottom