Jets Imploding? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Imploding?

ya, and another NFL rule told me Calvin Johnson didnt catch and control that ball.

Please, that rule is in place so a punter doesn't get hurt. He could very easily blow out a knee landing on some one else. That how people **** up ankles all the time

The difference is in this case the kicker had room to come down and he flopped, the Calvin Johnson play was the correct call though I disgaree w/ the rule.

Instead of hurling childish insults you should pay attention to my posts so in the future you might actually sound intelligent when posting.

If by being able to come down you mean being able to come down on Braylon Edwards. Rules are rules, get over it. You should be more worried about Rex Ryan's coaching ability because that undisciplined play is every bit a coaching problem.

Originally Posted by nyjunc Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.
You didn't destroy them, Buf was very much in that game late in the 4th qtr and if not for an incredible punt that game could have been headed to OT.

Our O will be better than last year and w/ that O we made the title game so we can win w/ this QB and this O.

I saw this in someone's post and couldn't believe you said this. REALLY? You can ACTUALLY have the bal-s to say your O will be better then last season????

You are TRULY the biggest homer I have ever read. And I say that because there is ZERO REASON for you to have to say this offensive piece of work on display last night will be better then what you had last season. It's already been proven, in week one, that your running game has suffered from last season. Spin it however you want too but it was Greene who fumbled, it was Greene who went to the dog house and when he was given a chance to prove himself again he DROPPED the pass. But this is gonna be a better offense?? LOL, that is just laughable.

You LG spot, which was highlighted by everyone in the off-season and dismissed by Jets fans, was and will continue to be a weak spot and that is why?? Because you got rid of Faneca. I LOVE seeing your management out-thinking themselves.

The pre-season has followed the Jets into the regular season. You might say that Rex handcuffed Sanchez but there is a reason for that. He, out of all the people, see him in practice and probably realizes that he is a turnover machine and if you let him take shots he WILL turn the ball over. In your defense the defensive group kept it close but even they will wear out and get tired because the offense could not move the ball no matter where they had it on the field.

We will see what the excuse is after week 2 and the Pats light up that secondary again.

Quote from Mike Patrick on Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride, "...totally classless act". Like father like son.

J-E-T-S suck suck suck!!!

BREAKING NEWS. WVDolphan has acquired footage of the incident in question. As you can see, it was a bit overblown, but a concern to the Jests nontheless.

[video=youtube;YoY_Fahp_Qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc&feature=related[/video]

Ricky's bong. I hate to tell you but, that was a penalty against Edwards. And it wasnt a roughing the kicker call as you stated. It was RUNNING INTO the kicker. 5 yard penalty.

And for those Jests fans who want to whine about that call. How convenient that you OVERLOOK the FACT that in that very play, Braylon Edwards used his teammate, by grabbing his jersey, to LAUNCH himself over the line and get into the backfield in an attempt to block the kick in question. That was a call MISSED by the officials. That is in fact a 15 YARD PENALTY and an automatic first down irrespective of down and distance because it falls under unsportsman like conduct and is a personal foul.

Please, that rule is in place so a punter doesn't get hurt. He could very easily blow out a knee landing on some one else. That how people **** up ankles all the time

He had a place to land, he flopped.

Originally Posted by nyjunc Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.
You didn't destroy them, Buf was very much in that game late in the 4th qtr and if not for an incredible punt that game could have been headed to OT.

Our O will be better than last year and w/ that O we made the title game so we can win w/ this QB and this O.

I saw this in someone's post and couldn't believe you said this. REALLY? You can ACTUALLY have the bal-s to say your O will be better then last season????

You are TRULY the biggest homer I have ever read. And I say that because there is ZERO REASON for you to have to say this offensive piece of work on display last night will be better then what you had last season. It's already been proven, in week one, that your running game has suffered from last season. Spin it however you want too but it was Greene who fumbled, it was Greene who went to the dog house and when he was given a chance to prove himself again he DROPPED the pass. But this is gonna be a better offense?? LOL, that is just laughable.

You LG spot, which was highlighted by everyone in the off-season and dismissed by Jets fans, was and will continue to be a weak spot and that is why?? Because you got rid of Faneca. I LOVE seeing your management out-thinking themselves.

The pre-season has followed the Jets into the regular season. You might say that Rex handcuffed Sanchez but there is a reason for that. He, out of all the people, see him in practice and probably realizes that he is a turnover machine and if you let him take shots he WILL turn the ball over. In your defense the defensive group kept it close but even they will wear out and get tired because the offense could not move the ball no matter where they had it on the field.

We will see what the excuse is after week 2 and the Pats light up that secondary again.

Our LG is weaker but faneca wasn't a strength in pass protection either and our LG was going up against Ngata so let's see what he does against non elite DTs before we throw him away.

I'm a homer b/c I don't jump off a bridge b.c of one game? Had they scored 30 on baltimore I'd be sayiong it's one game and it doesn't mean the O has arrived.

We have more weapons than a year ago, we'll get Santonio Holmes back in a few weeks. This O will be better, they were awful the other night but that was more coaching than playing as the O was handcuffed all night b/c they didn't want a turnover to change the game.

Where did I make excuses? I said the better team won, I said our D got beat, I said our O sucked- what excuses? typical mrodriguez nonsensical post.

Ricky's bong. I hate to tell you but, that was a penalty against Edwards. And it wasnt a roughing the kicker call as you stated. It was RUNNING INTO the kicker. 5 yard penalty.

And for those Jests fans who want to whine about that call. How convenient that you OVERLOOK the FACT that in that very play, Braylon Edwards used his teammate, by grabbing his jersey, to LAUNCH himself over the line and get into the backfield in an attempt to block the kick in question. That was a call MISSED by the officials. That is in fact a 15 YARD PENALTY and an automatic first down irrespective of down and distance because it falls under unsportsman like conduct and is a personal foul.

Actually he didn't, I wonder what you guys actually watch sometimes?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091300/2010/REG1/ravens@jets#tab:watch

go to around the 1:55 mark and tell me how he uses a player launch himself.

We earned most of our 14 penalties, that wasn't one of them and it cost us 4 points.

You're not concerned about the offense because you don't think Sanchez had the disastrous season last year most people thought he had. At this point, I'm thinking JaMarcus Russell until the kid proves otherwise.

Other reasons not to be optimistic about the Jets O:

The Jets O-Line was outstandingly healthy last year. Unlikely to be 2 years in a row.

Regression to the mean: the Jets running game was the best in the league last year. Even though they'll likely be good again, it's very unlikely they'll be that good again.

The only realistic hope of improvement for Jets fans is Sanchez turning his game around -hardly a given at this point-, because even Santonio will look bad if Sanchez can't find him or get the ball to him where he can catch it.

You're not concerned about the offense because you don't think Sanchez had the disastrous season last year most people thought he had. At this point, I'm thinking JaMarcus Russell until the kid proves otherwise.

Other reasons not to be optimistic about the Jets O:

The Jets O-Line was outstandingly healthy last year. Unlikely to be 2 years in a row.

Regression to the mean: the Jets running game was the best in the league last year. Even though they'll likely be good again, it's very unlikely they'll be that good again.

The only realistic hope of improvement for Jets fans is Sanchez turning his game around -hardly a given at this point-, because even Santonio will look bad if Sanchez can't find him or get the ball to him where he can catch it.

I KNOW he didn't have a disastrous season

I don't expect to run 600+ times so the running game will not be as good yardage wise but I expect it to be as effective.

Every team has to worry about injuries.

Once we open things up a bit our O will look alot better(plus once we are not facing a D as good as the Ravens which starts this week).

I KNOW he didn't have a disastrous season

I don't expect to run 600+ times so the running game will not be as good yardage wise but I expect it to be as effective.

Every team has to worry about injuries.

Once we open things up a bit our O will look alot better(plus once we are not facing a D as good as the Ravens which starts this week).

You're so in denial about Sanchez it's getting rather sad. So in denial about Sanchez you tried to blame the loss on the defense, and got laughed at on your own board. The way some of you Jet fans act reminds me EXACTLY like all the homers here in denial about Ted Ginn. 1st there was an Excitement Phase, which is over after how terrible Sanchez has been up to this point. Then there was a Disappointment Phase, which again, is over with Sanchez as he's been more than a disappointment. Then there was the Excuses Phase. People on this board used every excuse in the book for Ted Ginn, most notably that Pennington held him back. Right now that's where Jets fans are with Sanchez. Using every excuse in the book, most notably that the OC is holding him back. Then of course we got a strong armed QB, Ginn still sucked, and people entered the Denial Phase. Jets fans will soon be in that phase after the Jets let Sanchez throw and he's back to throwing pick after pick after pick after pick. Then finally there's the Get Out Phase where the vast majority of fans want the bust in question gone. The Jets will be in that phase by next year at the very latest.

You're so in denial about Sanchez it's getting rather sad. So in denial about Sanchez you tried to blame the loss on the defense, and got laughed at on your own board. The way some of you Jet fans act reminds me EXACTLY like all the homers here in denial about Ted Ginn. 1st there was an Excitement Phase, which is over after how terrible Sanchez has been up to this point. Then there was a Disappointment Phase, which again, is over with Sanchez as he's been more than a disappointment. Then there was the Excuses Phase. People on this board used every excuse in the book for Ted Ginn, most notably that Pennington held him back. Right now that's where Jets fans are with Sanchez. Using every excuse in the book, most notably that the OC is holding him back. Then of course we got a strong armed QB, Ginn still sucked, and people entered the Denial Phase. Jets fans will soon be in that phase after the Jets let Sanchez throw and he's back to throwing pick after pick after pick after pick. Then finally there's the Get Out Phase where the vast majority of fans want the bust in question gone. The Jets will be in that phase by next year at the very latest.

To this who see the game as black and white they laugh, to those that truly understand the game and can dig deeper they know all the points I made were valid. I didn't absolve the O from their poor play but the main culprit was the D, you cannot allow an opposing O to conver the 3rd and longs w allowed Bal to convert. They allowed Bal to possess the ball for near 40 mins, we don't have a high powered O so how would our O be expected to put up big #s?

I'm not quite sure why I repsond to you, I guess I sort of feel bad w/ your lack of football knowledge.

To this who see the game as black and white they laugh, to those that truly understand the game and can dig deeper they know all the points I made were valid. I didn't absolve the O from their poor play but the main culprit was the D, you cannot allow an opposing O to conver the 3rd and longs w allowed Bal to convert. They allowed Bal to possess the ball for near 40 mins, we don't have a high powered O so how would our O be expected to put up big #s?

I'm not quite sure why I repsond to you, I guess I sort of feel bad w/ your lack of football knowledge.

The real culprit is Rex Ryan. Those penalties and undisciplined play is a coaching problem. Right after that is the offense, which was franchise record setting awful. But you keep using every excuse you can to excuse Mark Sanchez from being yet another USC bust.

The real culprit is Rex Ryan. Those penalties and undisciplined play is a coaching problem. Right after that is the offense, which was franchise record setting awful. But you keep using every excuse you can to excuse Mark Sanchez from being yet another USC bust.

give me your address, I'll send you a copy:

Football_For_Dummies-1.jpg

I wasnt even aware that Ed Reed didnt play. Wow:lol:

And yeah the Jets D did look pretty undisciplined BUT they did create 3 turnovers in the first half. And the Jets Offense could only muster 6 measley points??????Wow:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom