Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks"

Your franchsie QB...? Franchise running game..., more like it...

Don't be upset b/c our ROOKIE QB played great in postseason while your 2nd year guy folded late in the year w/ the playoffs on the line.

Don't be upset b/c our ROOKIE QB played great in postseason while your 2nd year guy folded late in the year w/ the playoffs on the line.

Dude, STOP being such a homer. Someone here said that in the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS Sanchez completed just 12 passes? I'm too lazy to go see if that is the case or not but the point is please stop with your homer talk. "Our rookie qb played great in the postseason".

it just never ends with you. You are by far the biggest homer I have ever seen on this board, and that is saying a lot.

Your QB MANAGED the game, he didn't do s-it in the postseason that turned anyone's heads and made people think "NY's QB played great".

Our core was built through the draft. QB, RB, TE, C, LT, ILB, CB

We have a young core that has been built through the draft and we have sprinkled in FAs and trades around them.

rex was hired last year, we traded up to get a franchise QB and in that draft we got our QB and RB- not bad for a 1st year.

Fatso has 2 more postseason wins as a HC than a)the Miami Dolphins since 2000 and b)Tony Sparano in his entire coaching career:tongue2:

Man, your going to blow that horn for how long? What the hell are you going to do next year when the Jets fall back to reality and aren't playing teams playing their bench? I bet you will still bring up winning two post season games in '10, :lol:

Dude, STOP being such a homer. Someone here said that in the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS Sanchez completed just 12 passes? I'm too lazy to go see if that is the case or not but the point is please stop with your homer talk. "Our rookie qb played great in the postseason".

it just never ends with you. You are by far the biggest homer I have ever seen on this board, and that is saying a lot.

Your QB MANAGED the game, he didn't do s-it in the postseason that turned anyone's heads and made people think "NY's QB played great".

Don't be too lazt to look it up b/c he completed 12 against Cincy and if not for 2 drops it would have been 14 of 15. He completed the best postseason EVER for a rookie QB.

YOU are calling ME a homer?:crazy:

Don't be too lazt to look it up b/c he completed 12 against Cincy and if not for 2 drops it would have been 14 of 15. He completed the best postseason EVER for a rookie QB.

YOU are calling ME a homer?:crazy:

Yes, I am calling YOU a homer. Because I don't make comments like you do. i don't go pointing things like this past postseason as Sanchez's coming out party.

I am a Dolphin fan on a Dolphin message board. Just because I call you out when you say things like that don't take offense to that.

You seriously have your boy (Sanchez) measuring for his jacket for Canton already. Which will be even funnier when the season starts next year and Sanchez isn't living up to your hype. I'm sure you will have some excuse ready.

Well someone is wrong.

Well someone is wrong.

So can you please tell me what Sanchez's total completions were for the playoffs? The only reason I ask that is because I want to see what proof someone is looking at to say that Sanchez did "great" in the playoffs versus managed the game. Because that's what I think he did, did well, but managed the game and didn't take a game over for someone to say he did "great"

heh - here's the best playoff rookie QB performances in NFL history.

Code:
[b]1 Mark Sanchez 2009 Jets Record (2 - 1) 41 / 68 539 yds 4 TDs 2 INTs 92.7 rating[/b]
2 Dan Marino 1983 Dolphins Record (0 - 1) 15 / 25 193 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs 77.6 rating
3 Matt Ryan 2008 Falcons Record (0 - 1) 26 / 40 199 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs 72.8 rating
4 John Elway 1983 Broncos Record (0 - 1) 10 / 15 123 yds 0 TDs 1 INTs 64.0 rating
5 Ben Roethlisberger 2004 Steelers Record (1 - 1) 31 / 54 407 yds 3 TDs 5 INTs 61.3 rating
6 Bernie Kosar 1985 Browns Record (0 - 1) 10 / 19 66 yds 1 TDs 1 INTs 56.0 rating
7 Jim Everett 1986 Rams Record (0 - 1) 9 / 18 136 yds 1 TDs 2 INTs 54.2 rating
8 Joe Flacco 2008 Ravens Record (2 - 1) 33 / 75 437 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 50.8 rating
9 Shaun King 1999 Buccaneers Record (1 - 1) 28 / 61 320 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 47.2 rating
10 Pat Haden 1976 Rams Record (1 - 1) 19 / 43 313 yds 1 TDs 5 INTs 37.4 rating
11 Daryle Lamonica 1963 Bills Record (0 - 1) 9 / 24 168 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 36.8 rating
12 Todd Marinovich 1991 Raiders Record (0 - 1) 12 / 23 140 yds 0 TDs 4 INTs 31.3 rating

I can't wait to hear your unbiased, non-homer response.

heh - here's the best playoff rookie QB performances in NFL history.

Code:
[B]1 Mark Sanchez 2009 Jets Record (2 - 1) 41 / 68 539 yds 4 TDs 2 INTs 92.7 rating[/B]
2 Dan Marino 1983 Dolphins Record (0 - 1) 15 / 25 193 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs 77.6 rating
3 Matt Ryan 2008 Falcons Record (0 - 1) 26 / 40 199 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs 72.8 rating
4 John Elway 1983 Broncos Record (0 - 1) 10 / 15 123 yds 0 TDs 1 INTs 64.0 rating
5 Ben Roethlisberger 2004 Steelers Record (1 - 1) 31 / 54 407 yds 3 TDs 5 INTs 61.3 rating
6 Bernie Kosar 1985 Browns Record (0 - 1) 10 / 19 66 yds 1 TDs 1 INTs 56.0 rating
7 Jim Everett 1986 Rams Record (0 - 1) 9 / 18 136 yds 1 TDs 2 INTs 54.2 rating
8 Joe Flacco 2008 Ravens Record (2 - 1) 33 / 75 437 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 50.8 rating
9 Shaun King 1999 Buccaneers Record (1 - 1) 28 / 61 320 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 47.2 rating
10 Pat Haden 1976 Rams Record (1 - 1) 19 / 43 313 yds 1 TDs 5 INTs 37.4 rating
11 Daryle Lamonica 1963 Bills Record (0 - 1) 9 / 24 168 yds 1 TDs 3 INTs 36.8 rating
12 Todd Marinovich 1991 Raiders Record (0 - 1) 12 / 23 140 yds 0 TDs 4 INTs 31.3 rating
I can't wait to hear your unbiased, non-homer response.

Awesome job, thank you for showing me the totals he got in the entire playoffs. Now here is the per game stats he had, but I am sure one game (which he played very well, Bengals) didn't inflate his stats;

Playoffs

Glossary · CSV · PRE · Age is Years-Days · Select Page 2009 Career · 2009 Splits

Passing Rushing Rk G# Date Age Tm
Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1 17 2010-01-09 23-059

NYJ @ CIN W 24-14 12 15 80.0% 182 1 0 139.4 12.13 13.47 3 -2 -0.67 0 2 18 2010-01-17 23-067
NYJ @ SDG W 17-14 12 23 52.2% 100 1 1 60.1 4.35 3.26 1 -1 -1.00 0 3 19 2010-01-24 23-074
NYJ @ IND L 17-30 17 30 56.7% 257 2 1 93.3 8.57 8.40 2 1 0.50 0

3 Games total - 41 68 60.3% 539 4 2 92.7 7.93 7.78 6 -2 -0.33 0

Like I said, the CIN game he played great, although by the look at the stats, he managed the game, but I will give you that game.

Now looking at those stats you can honestly say that the SD game he played great? 12 for 23 for 100yrds, great really?

Now I will admit I did not watch the Indy game in the playoffs and don't want to assume anything but did his stats come from him playing from behind after the second half of that game?

Again, these numbers are fact, and not opinion. He finished overall with the best numbers for a rookie qb. BUT at no point in time was he a "great qb" in the playoffs.

I'm just simply saying that by calling Sanchez "great" in the playoffs smells like homer. The stats are there and Jets fans will say he had the greatest rookie record in the playoffs, he did. But that doesn't mean he played great.

Again, you two are just homers that will look at stats only one way to make your argument valid. Like I said, we will see what happens next season. Everyone that has already handed the Jets the division is in for a surprise. But I am sure there will be an excuse for the Jets struggles and Mark's struggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I qualify it with "for a rookie" he played great in the playoffs. He has a long way to go as a QB but showed a lot of promising things and stepped up when it mattered most.

should be funny, just to hear rex ryan curse

I qualify it with "for a rookie" he played great in the playoffs. He has a long way to go as a QB but showed a lot of promising things and stepped up when it mattered most.

don't worry too much about what they say. they're just jealous and looking for anything they can to disqualify what he did. he migh tnot have put the team on his back and carried them through th eplayoffs...btu what rookie qb does that? he had the best postseason performance of any rookie qb ever. there's no way to spin that into a negative...no matter how hard they try.

the truth is that anybody who watched the Jets play knows that he played good for 3 weeks, then he played terrible with a few exceptions until the coaches clipped his wings

he didn't play "great" in the playoffs, and there was never a game where the coaches put the game on his back the way that Miami did with Henne as the season went on

you can say "henne choked with the playoffs on the line" all you want. But Sanchez never even got his leash taken off

the truth is that anybody who watched the Jets play knows that he played good for 3 weeks, then he played terrible with a few exceptions until the coaches clipped his wings

he didn't play "great" in the playoffs, and there was never a game where the coaches put the game on his back the way that Miami did with Henne as the season went on

you can say "henne choked with the playoffs on the line" all you want. But Sanchez never even got his leash taken off

He played terrible in 4 games last year. 75% of his INT's came in 25% of his games. But according to you he played terrible with few exceptions. Right. He was up and down last season, which most reasonable people would expect from a rookie with minimal college experience.

He had THE GREATEST ROOKIE QB PLAYOFF run in NFL history. Better than your boy Dan Marino.

He played terrible in 4 games last year. 75% of his INT's came in 25% of his games. But according to you he played terrible with few exceptions. Right. He was up and down last season, which most reasonable people would expect from a rookie with minimal college experience.

He had THE GREATEST ROOKIE QB PLAYOFF run in NFL history. Better than your boy Dan Marino.

Down the stretch when the Jets were making their playoff run, Sanchez barely threw the ball in their wins

Attempts:

Carolina-17
Buffalo-15
Tampa-(didn't play)
Indy-19
Cincy-16

What I'm saying is that the coaching staff didn't even ask Sanchez to do anything. They were relying on the superior run game and defense

When the Phins were attempting to get in the playoffs they put the games on Henne's back

Back
Top Bottom