Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks"

Down the stretch when the Jets were making their playoff run, Sanchez barely threw the ball in their wins

Attempts:

Carolina-17
Buffalo-15
Tampa-(didn't play)
Indy-19
Cincy-16

What I'm saying is that the coaching staff didn't even ask Sanchez to do anything. They were relying on the superior run game and defense

When the Phins were attempting to get in the playoffs they put the games on Henne's back
When you have the lead and a dominant rushing attack it doesn't make much sense to throw the ball all over the field does it?No,you run the ball and keep the clock moving and win the game.THAT'S what Sanchez did last season.Just what the coaches asked him to do.

Down the stretch when the Jets were making their playoff run, Sanchez barely threw the ball in their wins

Attempts:

Carolina-17
Buffalo-15
Tampa-(didn't play)
Indy-19
Cincy-16

What I'm saying is that the coaching staff didn't even ask Sanchez to do anything. They were relying on the superior run game and defense

When the Phins were attempting to get in the playoffs they put the games on Henne's back

Why are you comparing him to Henne? Henne and the Lfins failed when the Dolphins put the games on Henne's back. What's the purpose of you pointing at that?

The conversation was about the best rookie qb performance in NFL history, not the regular season.

Why are you comparing him to Henne? Henne and the Lfins failed when the Dolphins put the games on Henne's back. What's the purpose of you pointing at that?

The conversation was about the best rookie qb performance in NFL history, not the regular season.

lol when was I ever talking about that?

I'd say the best rookie qb performance in NFL history would have to take into account:

a)the amount of playoff games that year...obviously
b)whether the teams success was dependent on the qb

Sanchez had 3 games, and he was never the deciding factor

Yes, I am calling YOU a homer. Because I don't make comments like you do. i don't go pointing things like this past postseason as Sanchez's coming out party.

I am a Dolphin fan on a Dolphin message board. Just because I call you out when you say things like that don't take offense to that.

You seriously have your boy (Sanchez) measuring for his jacket for Canton already. Which will be even funnier when the season starts next year and Sanchez isn't living up to your hype. I'm sure you will have some excuse ready.

I love opposing points of view b/c I love to argue so I will never take offesne to that but don't confuse that w/ being a homer.

Show me where i have said sanchez is going to be great or that he's headed for the hall,...?

So can you please tell me what Sanchez's total completions were for the playoffs? The only reason I ask that is because I want to see what proof someone is looking at to say that Sanchez did "great" in the playoffs versus managed the game. Because that's what I think he did, did well, but managed the game and didn't take a game over for someone to say he did "great"

if you don't know how can you argue your point?

I'd say the best rookie qb performance in NFL history would have to take into account:

No one player was the deciding factor but Sanchez's play was HUGE for us in making that run to the Title game.

I don't know how you guys don't get tired of arguing over the same bull**** day in and day out. Isn't there anything else to talk about?

No one player was the deciding factor but Sanchez's play was HUGE for us in making that run to the Title game.

I disagree. I think that Sanchez's play was on the level of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Big Ben or any other QB that was carried because of the great team around him

I mean ANY qb can hand the ball off 35 times a game and hit Braylon Edwards 20 yards downfield from the closest defender

The Cincy game he played well, but 180 yards and a TD is still pretty pedestrian

The SD game he was flat out subpar

And in the Indy game he had the 80 yard(easy) bomb but other than that he was pretty lackluster and he threw for around 100 of his yards trying to play catch up in the 2nd half

I disagree. I think that Sanchez's play was on the level of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Big Ben or any other QB that was carried because of the great team around him

I mean ANY qb can hand the ball off 35 times a game and hit Braylon Edwards 20 yards downfield from the closest defender

Big Ben was a HUGE reason why Pitt got to the SB in '05 and a huge reason they won it 2 years ago so to say he playe dlike Ben would be a HUGE compliment.

Did you see that play to Edwards? His play action fake was beautiful then he had to freeze Freeney breathing down his neck and still threw a perfect strike downfield hitting Braylon in stride so no any QB cannot do that- that was a special play.

Please tell us which rookie QB had a better playoff performance than Sanchez. If you don't think he was a difference maker in the two wins, you didn't watch.

Please tell us which rookie QB had a better playoff performance than Sanchez. If you don't think he was a difference maker in the two wins, you didn't watch.

the real question is: Does anybody care who had the best rookie qb playoff performance of all time?

answer: No

Do you really think thats something that anybody but a homer would hang their hat on?

LOL nobody was ever like "yea man marino had the best rookie performance ever"

Big Ben was a HUGE reason why Pitt got to the SB in '05 and a huge reason they won it 2 years ago so to say he playe dlike Ben would be a HUGE compliment.

Did you see that play to Edwards? His play action fake was beautiful then he had to freeze Freeney breathing down his neck and still threw a perfect strike downfield hitting Braylon in stride so no any QB cannot do that- that was a special play.

Well then I misspoke about Big Ben. But you get what I'm saying

As far as the bomb to Braylon, considering Freeney was getting off of the ground when he did the pump fake it wasn't even necessary. Sanchez pump fakes all the time when he doesn't even need to lol

the real question is: Does anybody care who had the best rookie qb playoff performance of all time?

Do you really think thats something that anybody but a homer would hang their hat on?

Someone in this thread said he didn't play well in the playoffs. You said he only played 3 good games during the season and was horrible the rest of the year.

Now that you have both been proven wrong, the best you can say is "who cares about the best rookie qb playoff performance ever".

lol.

The kid was impressive when it mattered most. More impressive than any other rookie QB in history. That's a good sign for his future, wouldn't you say?

No, I know, no one cares, it doesn't mean anything, it was all the defense. Anything you can come up with to avoid giving credit where it's due.

I understand this is a fins site and you all hate the Jets, but you lose a lot of credibility when you can't even give credit when it's due. There are people on here that are worth listening to, it's easy to figure out who isn't.

I thought you were a Steelers fan anyway?

You don't think that shows growth in a rookie QB?

Well then I misspoke about Big Ben. But you get what I'm saying

As far as the bomb to Braylon, considering Freeney was getting off of the ground when he did the pump fake it wasn't even necessary. Sanchez pump fakes all the time when he doesn't even need to lol

if he doesn't do that little pump Freeney EASILY takes him down before he could throw it.

Someone in this thread said he didn't play well in the playoffs. You said he only played 3 good games during the season and was horrible the rest of the year.

Now that you have both been proven wrong, the best you can say is "who cares about the best rookie qb playoff performance ever".

lol.

The kid was impressive when it mattered most. More impressive than any other rookie QB in history. That's a good sign for his future, wouldn't you say?

No, I know, no one cares, it doesn't mean anything, it was all the defense. Anything you can come up with to avoid giving credit where it's due.

I understand this is a fins site and you all hate the Jets, but you lose a lot of credibility when you can't even give credit when it's due. There are people on here that are worth listening to, it's easy to figure out who isn't.

I thought you were a Steelers fan anyway?

I was exaggerating when I said that he was horrible the rest of the year. What I should have said was that he played well for 3 games, played terrible in 4, and was given a short leash so he wouldn't lose any more games

As far as being more impressive in the playoffs, like I said, you would have to look at the teams and how much the team was relying on the qb. In Sanchez' case, very little. You also have to look at the fact that most rookie quarterbacks don't get drafted to teams that have a chance of making the playoffs.

In any case, from a statistical standpoint I guess he had the greatest rookie qb playoff ever, but at the end of the day nobody really cares about that. What people care about are great qbs. And Its waaaaay too early to know if Sanchez is that. Jets fans see him "progressing" during the playoffs. Everyone else saw an average at best qb making a few throws and handing the ball off 75% of the time.

I can give plenty of credit where its due by the way. As for the Steelers thing...lol...give me a break...lol

Don't be upset b/c our ROOKIE QB played great in postseason while your 2nd year guy folded late in the year w/ the playoffs on the line.

Please correct me but didn't you type this? Isn't that what you wrote? The point I was trying to make is ONLY a homer would have said that Sanchez played "great" in the postseason.

The stats show that, while he finished with the best stats as a rookie in the playoffs, he wasn't a difference maker.

All Jets fans are going to see that through their green glasses and will hang their hats on that, which is what you and Whiteshoe are doing.

You can spin it however you want to but at the end of the day you'll see it one way and the rest of the world will see it another.

I love opposing points of view b/c I love to argue so I will never take offesne to that but don't confuse that w/ being a homer.

Show me where i have said sanchez is going to be great or that he's headed for the hall,...?

if you don't know how can you argue your point?

Are you kidding me with that question. People read your defense for Sanchez and that's all you want to do is put him up on a pedestal. It's you viewing Sanchez how you do that makes you come to the conclusion that he'll be better then Henne. Even though you have no physical proof to back up that claim. But you will argue that all day long.

It's called being a Homer and not being objective. That's why you think you deserve credit for getting into the playoffs and doing what you did in the playoffs while at the same time are ready to discredit the fins when they won the division. At the end of the day the Jets finished 7-7-2(Colts and Bangels laid down). Great record there and you guys played wonderful. We'll see what your excuses are when the Jets fall flat on their face in the upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom