Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to be featured on HOB's "Hard Knocks"

Someone in this thread said he didn't play well in the playoffs. You said he only played 3 good games during the season and was horrible the rest of the year.

Now that you have both been proven wrong, the best you can say is "who cares about the best rookie qb playoff performance ever".

lol.

The kid was impressive when it mattered most. More impressive than any other rookie QB in history. That's a good sign for his future, wouldn't you say?

No, I know, no one cares, it doesn't mean anything, it was all the defense. Anything you can come up with to avoid giving credit where it's due.

I understand this is a fins site and you all hate the Jets, but you lose a lot of credibility when you can't even give credit when it's due. There are people on here that are worth listening to, it's easy to figure out who isn't.

I thought you were a Steelers fan anyway?

Can't the same be true to the Jets fans who keep coming up with excuses for when the Fins won the division? I remember reading how bad their opponents were and how they had such an easy road to the division title.

Can't the same be true to the Jets fans who keep coming up with excuses for when the Fins won the division? I remember reading how bad their opponents were and how they had such an easy road to the division title.

The fins earned the division title but the division was most certainly watered down. Every starting QB in the division was injured that year. Of course the fins won the games they had to and earned the title though.

The quality of that fins team was clearly pointed out by the home playoff game performance against a playoff team.

The fins earned the division title but the division was most certainly watered down. Every starting QB in the division was injured that year. Of course the fins won the games they had to and earned the title though.

The quality of that fins team was clearly pointed out by the home playoff game performance against a playoff team.

But that's exactly my point. I agree with what you are saying but the Dolphins could only play what was in front on them

The issue I have is Jets fans fail to acknowledge the fact that they were given a spot in the playoffs, they didn't earn it. Earning a win versus the Colts back ups isn't the same as winning versus Indy's starters. While I know Junc is probably in the process of typing "you never know who could have won that game". The truth is that is just as watered down, probably more since the fins had to play the teams starters while the Jets had to play two team's back ups.

While I have no issue giving credit to the Jets for handling what was placed in front of them but to have their fans feel they were entitled to be there is a joke.

Like I said before, the Jets will have a bullseye on their backs this upcoming season. They will not get a free ride like last season. And remember, that while you finished the season like you did that division games are never a gimme and that you won't just walk over us like most of you guys think just because you made it to the Conference Championship last season.

Good Luck to you guys next season except when you play the Dolphins :up:

But that's exactly my point. I agree with what you are saying but the Dolphins could only play what was in front on them

The issue I have is Jets fans fail to acknowledge the fact that they were given a spot in the playoffs, they didn't earn it. Earning a win versus the Colts back ups isn't the same as winning versus Indy's starters. While I know Junc is probably in the process of typing "you never know who could have won that game". The truth is that is just as watered down, probably more since the fins had to play the teams starters while the Jets had to play two team's back ups.

While I have no issue giving credit to the Jets for handling what was placed in front of them but to have their fans feel they were entitled to be there is a joke.

Like I said before, the Jets will have a bullseye on their backs this upcoming season. They will not get a free ride like last season. And remember, that while you finished the season like you did that division games are never a gimme and that you won't just walk over us like most of you guys think just because you made it to the Conference Championship last season.

Good Luck to you guys next season except when you play the Dolphins :up:

The Jets earned there playoff spot. Much like the fins could only play who was put in front of them, the Jets too could only play who was put in front of them. Sure it was a watered down schedule because the Colts pulled there starters, the Bengals also sat 3 guys. Remember the Jets pretty much dominated that same Bengals team at full strength IN Cincy a week later though. The Colts game was 1 score when Peyton left.

The Jets of '09 proved they were a better team than the Fins of '08 by winning two playoff games on the road. The Fins of '08 got demolished at home in the playoffs.

I don't think the Jets will walk over the Dolphins. I'm guessing it will be a split.

Are you kidding me with that question. People read your defense for Sanchez and that's all you want to do is put him up on a pedestal. It's you viewing Sanchez how you do that makes you come to the conclusion that he'll be better then Henne. Even though you have no physical proof to back up that claim. But you will argue that all day long.

It's called being a Homer and not being objective. That's why you think you deserve credit for getting into the playoffs and doing what you did in the playoffs while at the same time are ready to discredit the fins when they won the division. At the end of the day the Jets finished 7-7-2(Colts and Bangels laid down). Great record there and you guys played wonderful. We'll see what your excuses are when the Jets fall flat on their face in the upcoming season.

Again, I ask you to show me. B/c I rightfully defended him telling everyone he had a GOOD year for a ROOKIE and that he played his best football in postseason doesnt' mean I think he is great right now.

I have always felt Sanchez will be better than henne from watching them in college and I still feel confident about them watching them in the NFL last year. I think Henne had the better year overall but when the games were biggest one stepped up and one stepped back so I feel great about our QB. Henne might end up being better, they might BOTH end up being really good- who knows?

Our team deserves credit for what they did in the playoffs, if we didn'e belong we wouldn't have won TWO games.

The jets finished 9-7, those last 2 count just like those last 5-6 against dead teams in '08 counted for Miami.

Please correct me but didn't you type this? Isn't that what you wrote? The point I was trying to make is ONLY a homer would have said that Sanchez played "great" in the postseason.

The stats show that, while he finished with the best stats as a rookie in the playoffs, he wasn't a difference maker.

All Jets fans are going to see that through their green glasses and will hang their hats on that, which is what you and Whiteshoe are doing.

You can spin it however you want to but at the end of the day you'll see it one way and the rest of the world will see it another.

He did play great in postseason, he led us to 2 wins and played his best football of the year. you said you didn't watch so how would you know?

Again, I ask you to show me. B/c I rightfully defended him telling everyone he had a GOOD year for a ROOKIE and that he played his best football in postseason doesnt' mean I think he is great right now.

I have always felt Sanchez will be better than henne from watching them in college and I still feel confident about them watching them in the NFL last year. I think Henne had the better year overall but when the games were biggest one stepped up and one stepped back so I feel great about our QB. Henne might end up being better, they might BOTH end up being really good- who knows?

Our team deserves credit for what they did in the playoffs, if we didn'e belong we wouldn't have won TWO games.

The jets finished 9-7, those last 2 count just like those last 5-6 against dead teams in '08 counted for Miami.

He did play great in postseason, he led us to 2 wins and played his best football of the year. you said you didn't watch so how would you know?

Get it right please. I said I didn't watch the Colt's game in the playoffs, and I said that because of Sanchez's stats. I didn't know whether his stats were due to playing from behind or what. That's why I didn't comment on that game.

The point is Sanchez was a non-factor in the playoffs. Your running game and defense WERE the reasons you won two playoff games, not Sanchez. You can spin it whatever way you want too.

Sanchez played ONE SEASON in college but that one season was enough for you to say he'll be better then Henne :lol:. If that isn't a homer statement then I don't know what is. But I am sure you saw that one thing Sanchez did in that one year that Henne just didn't do in 4 yrs at Michigan?

Sanchez was on a short leash, your OWN TEAM didn't trust the ball in Sanchez's hands but somehow "he played his best football in postseason"? Your simply a homer that blindly follows your team and will take whatever stat and apply it to your argument.

Get it right please. I said I didn't watch the Colt's game in the playoffs, and I said that because of Sanchez's stats. I didn't know whether his stats were due to playing from behind or what. That's why I didn't comment on that game.

The point is Sanchez was a non-factor in the playoffs. Your running game and defense WERE the reasons you won two playoff games, not Sanchez. You can spin it whatever way you want too.

Sanchez played ONE SEASON in college but that one season was enough for you to say he'll be better then Henne :lol:. If that isn't a homer statement then I don't know what is. But I am sure you saw that one thing Sanchez did in that one year that Henne just didn't do in 4 yrs at Michigan?

Sanchez was on a short leash, your OWN TEAM didn't trust the ball in Sanchez's hands but somehow "he played his best football in postseason"? Your simply a homer that blindly follows your team and will take whatever stat and apply it to your argument.

Seriously, let's just end the discussion now. To say Sanchez was a non-factor in the playoffs is asinine.

His one season in college was much better than any of henne's season and it isn't just stats. I don't care about college stats, I watched the 2 play and gave an educated opinion on them.

Actually watch the games then get back to me.

Seriously, let's just end the discussion now. To say Sanchez was a non-factor in the playoffs is asinine.

His one season in college was much better than any of henne's season and it isn't just stats. I don't care about college stats, I watched the 2 play and gave an educated opinion on them.

Actually watch the games then get back to me.

Dude, I can watch the college games all day long, hell anyone can watch the college games all day long, and anyone with a respectable opinion would never say watching one season that player A is going to be better then player B who played 4 seasons. That's just your typical homer talk and nothing more.

So Sanchez was much better then Henne in one college season then all of Henne's season? But at the same time you say "it isn't just stats"? <interpretation> I have no physical way to prove to anyone why I think Sanchez is better.

You didn't give an educated opinion, you gave a homer opinion. An educated opinion would have something to show for how you come to your "educated opinion". But since you don't you want me to go and watch the games? Ok man, just go back to watching your team through those green glasses.:up:

Dude, I can watch the college games all day long, hell anyone can watch the college games all day long, and anyone with a respectable opinion would never say watching one season that player A is going to be better then player B who played 4 seasons. That's just your typical homer talk and nothing more.

So Sanchez was much better then Henne in one college season then all of Henne's season? But at the same time you say "it isn't just stats"? <interpretation> I have no physical way to prove to anyone why I think Sanchez is better.

You didn't give an educated opinion, you gave a homer opinion. An educated opinion would have something to show for how you come to your "educated opinion". But since you don't you want me to go and watch the games? Ok man, just go back to watching your team through those green glasses.:up:

Please explain then how one was a top 5 pick and the other a 2nd round pick?

I gave my opinions on both before they were drafted. I wanted no part of henne coming out and I wanted Sanchez- that doesn't mean I will be right it's just my opinion watching the 2 players.

Please explain then how one was a top 5 pick and the other a 2nd round pick?

I gave my opinions on both before they were drafted. I wanted no part of henne coming out and I wanted Sanchez- that doesn't mean I will be right it's just my opinion watching the 2 players.

LOL, where they got drafted means nothing, look at Ginn (I like Ginn but just trying to prove my point).

Just where someone gets picked in the draft doesn't mean how good they are versus someone who got picked later. Hell, look at your boy Vernon. What place did he get picked at? Were there other LBs that were picked later? Have they proven they are better right now then Vernon?

LOL, where they got drafted means nothing, look at Ginn (I like Ginn but just trying to prove my point).

Just where someone gets picked in the draft doesn't mean how good they are versus someone who got picked later. Hell, look at your boy Vernon. What place did he get picked at? Were there other LBs that were picked later? Have they proven they are better right now then Vernon?

It doesn'tm mean anything as far as what they will eventally do in the NFL but you asked me:

ude, I can watch the college games all day long, hell anyone can watch the college games all day long, and anyone with a respectable opinion would never say watching one season that player A is going to be better then player B who played 4 seasons. That's just your typical homer talk and nothing more.

Obviously NFL scouts agreed w/ me so it's not "homer talk". You are all over the place.

man this thread definitely showcases the stupid sector of dolphins fans.

It doesn'tm mean anything as far as what they will eventally do in the NFL but you asked me:

Obviously NFL scouts agreed w/ me so it's not "homer talk". You are all over the place.

The Jets scouts agreed with you. All over the place? Seriously I just don't get you sometimes. So with your explanation that NFL Scouts, since Sanchez was drafted top 5, is a measuring stick of some sort? My whole point to this is your Homer point of view in Sanchez being a better QB then Henne because he was drafted top 5.

So your response to that is since NFL scouts viewed him, and he was drafted top 5, means that Sanchez is going to be better then Henne? Because that was my entire point that I was trying to make to you.

I don't get what is your point with regards to where Sanchez was drafted versus where Henne was drafted. Help me understand what that has to do with their performance in the NFL.

All I'm saying is that saying Sanchez is better than Henne is kinda ridiculous at this point

Sanchez(rookie) played a full season on a better team and had a better team season than Henne...he didn't make any mistakes in the playoffs but was on a short leash for the most part

Henne(2nd year) played 13 games on a team with less talent, notably at wr, and had a better statistical season and had more leash but didn't have as good of a season as far as team accomplishment

All I'm saying is that saying Sanchez is better than Henne is kinda ridiculous at this point

Sanchez(rookie) played a full season on a better team and had a better team season than Henne...he didn't make any mistakes in the playoffs but was on a short leash for the most part

Henne(2nd year) played 13 games on a team with less talent, notably at wr, and had a better statistical season and had more leash but didn't have as good of a season as far as team accomplishment

Man, trust me it is a waste of breathe trying to reason with these two. They just want to type whatever they type and that's that. At least Whiteshoes is able to meet you a little closer to the middle then Junc, he is a lost soul.

Back
Top Bottom