Jones vs. Weeden...let our debates commence | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jones vs. Weeden...let our debates commence

This game is gonna drop Jones' draft stock way down which is a shame cause this isn't his fault.

Want nothing to do with L Jones, he reminds me of henne all arm with no awareness or brain, like a damn robot...

This game is gonna drop Jones' draft stock way down which is a shame cause this isn't his fault.
It might not be all his fault. But it his fault that he makes bad reads...makes late throws and tries to compensate with his strong arm. Has lead feet that do not allow him to enable him to avoid any pressure at all. Guys like Matt Barkley see this type of pressure too...difference is they have the feet and mobility to evade the pressure and make good throws. Jones just is not a top 15 pick...

It might not be all his fault. But it his fault that he makes bad reads...makes late throws and tries to compensate with his strong arm. Has lead feet that do not allow him to enable him to avoid any pressure at all. Guys like Matt Barkley see this type of pressure too...difference is they have the feet and mobility to evade the pressure and make good throws. Jones just is not a top 15 pick...

I disagree but it's hard to defend this right now

Have seen every OU game this year, and while I'm not nearly as high on Landry Jones as I was at the start of the season, this is not typical of his play. He is better than what you are seeing tonight.

As for his savvy in the pocket, I still say it's one of his better traits. I have seen him make LOTS of people miss this season.

I disagree but it's hard to defend this right now
I understand. He is having a bad game...and I know he not nearly this bad. I still think he is a 1st round player (late 1st thought). He has some intangibles that you do look for in a franchise QB...but I was just pointing out that there is a MAJOR jump from him to Barkley IMO. Probably less of a knock on Jones though...just shows how high I think of Barkley.

just turned the game on, jones first pass i see throws it backwards for a td for Oklahoma st.

jones blows, and its not only because of tonight. just watching him play, he is nothing special. i dont know what everyone sees in him.

I am very pleased with tonight. We have to dumb this down as much as possible for the Miami front office. You can't watch this game and possibly think Landry Jones is a playoff starting quarterback in the league. Very slow to process things. Even the Dolphins front office has to see this and recognize they should not waste a pick on this kid. Then again, they picked Henne. I want this as simple as "see Spot run" for these guys.

As i explained, ran down and detailed why in the 1st page of this thread.. Landry Jones is total garbage. And will be total garbage at the next level.

I wouldn't touch that puke on a draft pick if it was free.

Watching the game right now, OSU's playcaller is light years better than OU.

You're right Grey, but that doesn't mean Miami's front office understands. It needs to be simple for them to not consider Jones. Let him be a second round problem for another poor organization who doesn't understand that "it's all about the quarterback, stupid."

Back
Top Bottom