Jones vs. Weeden...let our debates commence | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jones vs. Weeden...let our debates commence

landry jones blows...guy hasn't picked up a free blitzer at the los all night and he's a damn statue against the rush...this kid can't hold sam bradfords jock...we better not take this trash

and weeden sure hasn't been anything to get all that excited about...barely touched all game and still outside of a few throws down the field where the arm was impressive pretty damn average

you guys are nuts if you even consider taking either of these kids over matt barkley...lmao...get the hell out of here

Curious opinions as to Weeden. He guided his team through a blowout, didn't have to do anthing tremendous. 24/36, no TD's no picks. Near miss in the endzone which was actually a pretty good pass to a short/short armed WR. Missed by a couple of inches. Weeden threw several great balls and otherwise managed a slaughter. He looked totally in control and there is, as there has been every time that I've seen both play or film on them, no comparison between Weeden's arm and Barkley's. Same metaphor as with Carson Palmer - Panzer tank as compared to Barkley's Sherman. Weeden played well imo, did what he had to do in a game where the defense and running game both shined. Good game manager tonight, that's all he had to do.

I'm not a fan of either, but if I had to choose one than it'd be Weeden. He's likely going in the 3rd round so it wouldn't kill us if he didn't pan out. Picking Jones in the top 10-15 and watching him become the next Gabbert would set us back a few years.

I think Jones really needs another year in college to work on some things.

Weeden looks a good value pick but chances are that if we quietly sit on our hands waiting for the third round, another team will get him and we will be left without, again. Waiting for Weeden to drop in our laps has considerable risk.

Jones does not have mental toughness.

I agree with Cedar Phins...Cousins looked better than Weeden and Jones.

Curious opinions as to Weeden. He guided his team through a blowout, didn't have to do anthing tremendous. 24/36, no TD's no picks. Near miss in the endzone which was actually a pretty good pass to a short/short armed WR. Missed by a couple of inches. Weeden threw several great balls and otherwise managed a slaughter. He looked totally in control and there is, as there has been every time that I've seen both play or film on them, no comparison between Weeden's arm and Barkley's. Same metaphor as with Carson Palmer - Panzer tank as compared to Barkley's Sherman. Weeden played well imo, did what he had to do in a game where the defense and running game both shined. Good game manager tonight, that's all he had to do.

we're gonna argue this weeden over barkley stuff til the cows come home...i don't see any upside with weeden over barkley...none...unless you want a chizled (sp???) veteran as a rookie under center...thats it...the arm stuff is null and void for me...barkley can make every throw required of him at the next level...and his arm will get stronger with more reps in the pros...

and if you think weeden played a particularly good game yesterday i take issue with that...he missed a lot of throws yesterday...both these qbs did nothing that should have them in discussion with luck or barkley...nothing...its a joke if you ask me...and its not gonna change

i find it quite encouraging reading armandos report about carson palmer etc that ross has stepped in and decided he WILL have himself a franchise qb prospect in this draft...doesn't sound like the owners gonna sit still and wait for anything to come to us...

Jones does not have mental toughness.

I agree with Cedar Phins...Cousins looked better than Weeden and Jones.

He's a total pu$$y. Aside from his lack of talent and lack of attributes as a QB, I hate his demeanor.

He's always so lackadaisical and carefree in his body language. He always looks clueless and dumb on the sideline like he's in some trippy daze., Look at his long arms as he walks and his arms have no motion and no life whatsoever. There's no conviction to him whatsoever in any way, shape, or form. He's a waffler, and he's just stupid. Just look at him speak here. How he was in a hole and wanted to kill himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-K663lPtE

Don't fall for the God story redemption baloney. He's a loser. When in a hole he is the type of person that will give up and sink further, and hate himself. Under immense pressure he will fold like a cheap tent. People don't change when it comes to this innate quality about someone. I'm a very good judge of these things.

Now compare to how Barkley speaks, carries himself, and conducts himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OFl1516OY

A
180 degree difference. He's far more poised as a young man. And it clearly shows on the field. As he gets older with NFL experience he will be a FAR better leader of men., It's not even close.

He's a total pu$$y. Aside from his lack of talent and lack of attributes as a QB, I hate his demeanor.

He's always so lackadaisical and carefree in his body language. He always looks clueless dumb on the sideline like he's in some trippy daze., Look at his long arms as he walks and his arms have no motion and no life whatsoever. He's a waffler, and he's just stupid. Just look at him speak here. How he was in a hole and wanted to kill himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-K663lPtE

Don't fall for the God story redemption baloney. He's a loser. When in a hole he is the type of person that will give up and sink further, and hate himself. People don't change when it comes to this innate quality about someone.

Now compare to how Barkley speaks, carries himself and conducts himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OFl1516OY

A
180 degree difference. He's far more poised as a young man. And it clearly shows on the field. A FAR better leader of men., It's not even close.

Wow, did Landry Jones kick your dog or something?????

we're gonna argue this weeden over barkley stuff til the cows come home...i don't see any upside with weeden over barkley...none...unless you want a chizled (sp???) veteran as a rookie under center...thats it...the arm stuff is null and void for me...barkley can make every throw required of him at the next level...and his arm will get stronger with more reps in the pros...

and if you think weeden played a particularly good game yesterday i take issue with that...he missed a lot of throws yesterday...both these qbs did nothing that should have them in discussion with luck or barkley...nothing...its a joke if you ask me...and its not gonna change

i find it quite encouraging reading armandos report about carson palmer etc that ross has stepped in and decided he WILL have himself a franchise qb prospect in this draft...doesn't sound like the owners gonna sit still and wait for anything to come to us...

Weeden did miss some throws and he made some very good ones as well. But with OSU absolutely dominating, he didn't really have to do much. The running game had what- close to 300 yards?- and the OSU defense killed. Weeden's total yards were about what he usually has by half time in other games. In the context of how this game played out, Weeden was fine. I don't recall saying that he played a particularly good game... But he MANAGED the game very well, that's what was called for. He let the running game and defense carry the day, as he should have.

You like Barkley, that's fine. I think that he's overrated and overhyped, you're not so thrilled with Weeden. Whatever, and so the world spins round once again- but your notion that:

"weeden sure hasn't been anything to get all that excited about...barely touched all game and still outside of a few throws down the field where the arm was impressive pretty damn average
you guys are nuts if you even consider taking either of these kids over matt barkley...lmao...get the hell out of here"

is short sighted at best. Weeden has shown what he can do in previous games when required. His arm is clearly superior to Barkley's. No need to dump on Weeden for this game, I don't think he deserves that. He didn't have to be an all-star last nigh, he just had to guide the ship.

I pretty much started the Brandon Weeden fan club back in December of 2010, and there's no way I target Weeden over Matt Barkley, if that tells you anything.

But if we're somehow out of it for Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley...it's Bleedin for Weeden. Sorry but that's the best play Miami could make.

Weeden did miss some throws and he made some very good ones as well. But with OSU absolutely dominating, he didn't really have to do much. The running game had what- close to 300 yards?- and the OSU defense killed. Weeden's total yards were about what he usually has by half time in other games. In the context of how this game played out, Weeden was fine. I don't recall saying that he played a particularly good game... But he MANAGED the game very well, that's what was called for. He let the running game and defense carry the day, as he should have.

You like Barkley, that's fine. I think that he's overrated and overhyped, you're not so thrilled with Weeden. Whatever, and so the world spins round once again- but your notion that:

"weeden sure hasn't been anything to get all that excited about...barely touched all game and still outside of a few throws down the field where the arm was impressive pretty damn average
you guys are nuts if you even consider taking either of these kids over matt barkley...lmao...get the hell out of here"

is short sighted at best. Weeden has shown what he can do in previous games when required. His arm is clearly superior to Barkley's. No need to dump on Weeden for this game, I don't think he deserves that. He didn't have to be an all-star last nigh, he just had to guide the ship.

I agree with you inasmuch as I don't see criticism for Weeden's game last night either. He managed the game well and he was consistent. Andrew Luck has had a dozen games almost exactly like that one where the threat of his passing and his consistency, his calls at the line all allowed the ground game to completely steamroll his opponents. He gets praised for that but now Weeden gets criticized for doing the same thing?

When you're a consistent player and you manage the game well, you don't HAVE to end up having a ton of big time throws and conversions on 3rd & 14...because you're not getting to 3rd & 14. It's sort of like some of the best handlers of pressure in the NFL don't look or scramble around at all like Michael Vick or Cam Newton...they nip the pressure in the bud by making great decisions and getting the ball out.

I pretty much started the Brandon Weeden fan club back in December of 2010, and there's no way I target Weeden over Matt Barkley, if that tells you anything.

But if we're somehow out of it for Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley...it's Bleedin for Weeden. Sorry but that's the best play Miami could make.

My best guess is that the Dolphins' 1st round slot next draft will be problematic, with Barkley and Blackmon unavailable. In the absence of a trade down, and say you're picking #8, maybe you do take a Claiborne. I've already spouted on the O-line- DeCastro, Konz, et al. - at the end of the day my guess is that the Dolphins take the best talent/fit in rd 1 and take Weeden in the 2nd round, which is a round too early according to most and a round too late by my estimation. If the Dolphins pulled the trigger on Weeden picks 8-12 I'd be fine with it, his talent justifies the high selection. But a FO would have to be very self confident to pull that off- I doubt Ireland et al are, and who knows who the next group brought in by Ross will be.

Year in and year out there are surprises as to how NFL people actually rate players, and we don't find out until after they are the drafted. I have a feeling that by the end of the next draft we'll discover that Weeden is rated significantly higher in NFL circles that he is by the average drafnik.

The only way I don't see the Dolphins getting and taking their shot at Matt Barkley would be if he returns to school to try for a National Championship.

My best guess is that the Dolphins' 1st round slot next draft will be problematic, with Barkley and Blackmon unavailable. In the absence of a trade down, and say you're picking #8, maybe you do take a Claiborne. I've already spouted on the O-line- DeCastro, Konz, et al. - at the end of the day my guess is that the Dolphins take the best talent/fit in rd 1 and take Weeden in the 2nd round, which is a round too early according to most and a round too late by my estimation. If the Dolphins pulled the trigger on Weeden picks 8-12 I'd be fine with it, his talent justifies the high selection. But a FO would have to be very self confident to pull that off- I doubt Ireland et al are, and who knows who the next group brought in by Ross will be.

Year in and year out there are surprises as to how NFL people actually rate players, and we don't find out until after they are the drafted. I have a feeling that by the end of the next draft we'll discover that Weeden is rated significantly higher in NFL circles that he is by the average drafnik.
Picking around #8 could be problematic indeed. In that scenario both Luck and Barkley are out of the question. I think Claiborne goes top 5. I know a lot of fans would hate it, but David DeCastro would be a nice pick in this scenario. As to Weeden, I just don't think too many teams will be looking at him as a starter at the next level due to age not talent. I just think teams will look the veteran route - Orton, Cambell etc., rather than a 29 year old rookie. Because of that, I do think Mel Kipper in on target stating 3rd to 4th round for Weeden. Honestly, if I'm Miami I do everything in my power to trade up for Luck or Barkley. Solve the qb issue and move forward.

Picking around #8 could be problematic indeed. In that scenario both Luck and Barkley are out of the question. I think Claiborne goes top 5. I know a lot of fans would hate it, but David DeCastro would be a nice pick in this scenario. As to Weeden, I just don't think too many teams will be looking at him as a starter at the next level due to age not talent. I just think teams will look the veteran route - Orton, Cambell etc., rather than a 29 year old rookie. Because of that, I do think Mel Kipper in on target stating 3rd to 4th round for Weeden. Honestly, if I'm Miami I do everything in my power to trade up for Luck or Barkley. Solve the qb issue and move forward.

If they have a conviction on that, I really can't argue with it. And if we took DeCastro at #8 I'd be ok with that. Teams are at the mercy of where they pick and what their needs are. We need a Guard and this guy has all-pro written all over him. If Guard and Right Tackle weren't important positions, we wouldn't have been bitching about them all year... they are important. Do I want to reach for a G in a pass happy league? No- but the whole point is that DeCastro is an oustanding talent and would fill a need, imo justify the selection.

If we don't draft a QB in the 1st- no way, no how do I pass on Weeden in the 2nd rd- you don't risk losing him imo and you pay up a round- not that I agree that he's a 3rd rd talent, age factored in. No way- and if we end up with Weeden, OL and a TE in the top 4 or 5 rounds I'll be a happy camper.

when you run for 300 yards like okla st did last night it should be that much easier for you to bang the opposition in the passing game...especially when you have a talent like justin blackmon on the outside and play in a spread...i know weeden made some nfl throws last night and his arm strength was apparent like it always is...but he also missed some things given how much short downs and distances he had that imo he should have made...that and the fact he barely got laid a fingernail on last night...

its not short sighted nothing...i'll agree with ck that he's the next guy in line after luck and barkley we should probably go after but its not a close race...and we're talking about at minimum a rounds value difference b/t em...at least

Back
Top Bottom