Landry contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry contract

Ok, first, I like having this debate with you because you're very respectful and I respect your opinion even thought I of course don't agree with it which it happens.
You're saying that the TD's are there this year but here's where I see things different. I'm looking for the TEAM to score way more and not just for him to score more. I believe that Cutler not being able to go deep often and the lack of production by Thomas left some chances for Landry to become a bigger target in the zone this year and he did a good job with it but at the end of the day, the team still didn't score enough and while this was NOT Landry's fault, running our offense thru him was.

When you say he's "earned" it......how much are you talking about?

Then you said that we don't have to run the offense thru him. AGREE.......but you want to pay him as a #1? That makes no sense at all. You pay a guy #1 money because he's going to be your #1 target and as long as Landry is the #1 target the offense will never score enough. It's not guessing on my part either. He's been the #1 target for 4 years and it hasn't worked yet. Again, I don't blame him for it. He is what he is. A very good slot WR that is NOT a top 5 WR. He's not the type of WR that would help you become a high scoring offense if he's the #1 target in it. The problem is that Parker has not develop into that #1 and Still is a very good deep target but not a #1 but he's not getting paid as one while you want to pay Landry as one.

At this point Landry will not be happy if he's not the #1 target so the team has 2 options. Either pay him what he wants and keep running a low scoring offense thru him or let him go.
I'd let him go in that case even thought he's one of my favorite players. It's not personal. It's only business. I want the team to score way more and it will not happen with him as our #1

Ozzy rules!!

We obviously need more chunk yardage plays instead of looking at Landry every time. We thought we took care of that with the Stills contract - which backs us into a corner into regards to Landry - and drafting Parker. Unfortunately, Cutler couldn't throw deep (or develop any chemistry with Stills) and Parker isn't what we envisioned. Is what it is. Put a healthy Tannehill on an Adam Gase offense with all the parts working together as they should and I don't think Landry is being force fed the ball because of the lack of better options.

Basically, I think an offense can hum with him in there doing his thing ... as long as the other pieces are working as they should.

I think $12 is the sweet spot but he'll probably want $14 after the last few receiver contracts. It would suck but I'd understand Miami letting him walk. I don't think Gase is a huge fan.

Even if we pay him now it's not like we couldn't get out of the contract in a few seasons ... when it comes time to pay that #1 we've been waiting for. Paying Stills and Landry is fine ... for now. If Parker was worth it 3 would definitely be a crowd ... too much $$$ at one position ... but he hasn't forced us to have that conversation.

Tannehill getting hurt forced a lot of shitty situations ... that's for sure. The Landry contract has to be near the top of the list.

To the people who want to replace Landry with Grant, you're kidding right? You have to be kidding.

Reactions: BSQ
We obviously need more chunk yardage plays instead of looking at Landry every time. We thought we took care of that with the Stills contract - which backs us into a corner into regards to Landry - and drafting Parker. Unfortunately, Cutler couldn't throw deep (or develop any chemistry with Stills) and Parker isn't what we envisioned. Is what it is. Put a healthy Tannehill on an Adam Gase offense with all the parts working together as they should and I don't think Landry is being force fed the ball because of the lack of better options.

Basically, I think an offense can hum with him in there doing his thing ... as long as the other pieces are working as they should.

I think $12 is the sweet spot but he'll probably want $14 after the last few receiver contracts. It would suck but I'd understand Miami letting him walk. I don't think Gase is a huge fan.

Even if we pay him now it's not like we couldn't get out of the contract in a few seasons ... when it comes time to pay that #1 we've been waiting for. Paying Stills and Landry is fine ... for now. If Parker was worth it 3 would definitely be a crowd ... too much $$$ at one position ... but he hasn't forced us to have that conversation.

Tannehill getting hurt forced a lot of ****ty situations ... that's for sure. The Landry contract has to be near the top of the list.

This is why I was so upset that Gase brought in Jay Cutler. Cutler's performance as a "maybe, maybe not" QB has cost plenty of OC's, their job, HC's their job, and has forced out talented receiver after receiver in Chicago. This should be major evidence as to why the QB position is absolutely the most important position in football, because that position will end jobs, or save them. In this case, we're about to lose jobs. Call it a coaching mistake, GM mistake, blame the O-line, D-line, throw any excuse you can think of, and we have a lot of legitimate ones, but our QB play was bad in almost every single game in conjunction with our hit and miss support. The dude throws off his back ****ing foot half the time ffs.

The conversation shouldn't really go further then Tannehill going down. It really did spoil the season for us. If anyone actually thought Jay Cutler could step in and take us to a winning record, knowing his history, I'd love a response. I really would like to know how anyone could have hoped for anything more then 8-8.

Oh, and we can't give away Juice. It's just a bad move, it really is. The complete opposite of Jay, Landry has passion, dedication, and outperforms most, if not all of our offense. He takes football extremely serious and he's always going to have that "OBJ" chip on his shoulder. He's our Steve Smith Sr.

If Landry does leave that would mean that the offense would be forced to use Parker like a number one sink or swim and that could be a good thing for him.

This is why I was so upset that Gase brought in Jay Cutler. Cutler's performance as a "maybe, maybe not" QB has cost plenty of OC's, their job, HC's their job, and has forced out talented receiver after receiver in Chicago. This should be major evidence as to why the QB position is absolutely the most important position in football, because that position will end jobs, or save them. In this case, we're about to lose jobs. Call it a coaching mistake, GM mistake, blame the O-line, D-line, throw any excuse you can think of, and we have a lot of legitimate ones, but our QB play was bad in almost every single game in conjunction with our hit and miss support. The dude throws off his back ****ing foot half the time ffs.

The conversation shouldn't really go further then Tannehill going down. It really did spoil the season for us. If anyone actually thought Jay Cutler could step in and take us to a winning record, knowing his history, I'd love a response. I really would like to know how anyone could have hoped for anything more then 8-8.

Oh, and we can't give away Juice. It's just a bad move, it really is. The complete opposite of Jay, Landry has passion, dedication, and outperforms most, if not all of our offense. He takes football extremely serious and he's always going to have that "OBJ" chip on his shoulder. He's our Steve Smith Sr.

It's becoming cartoonish at this point.

If Landry does leave that would mean that the offense would be forced to use Parker like a number one sink or swim and that could be a good thing for him.

Or they fix the oline and add a athletic TE and run a balanced attack. A 30 year old QB coming back from knee problems tells me that would be smart for everyone involved.

Reactions: BSQ
Or they fix the oline and add a athletic TE and run a balanced attack. A 30 year old QB coming back from knee problems tells me that would be smart for everyone involved.

Why can't you fix the o-line, add a tight end to a balanced attack and still have a number one receiver?

To Dannys point, we lost about 13 TD's in 2017 compared to 2016. Landry gained 5 but the team lost 13.

His improved numbers don't equate to team success. He was force fed bc the team was in a crappy QB situation and it greatly inflated his numbers. I love him being a dolphin but he is absolutely not worth 12mil a year. There is ZERO logic to giving him that type of pay when we have bigger needs that will far greater equate to TEAM success. I couldn't care less that he gets so many receptions, it has not done a single thing to move this team forward.

You put a legit balanced offense together and landry is nothing more than a supplement. A great supplement yes, but not the key to our success. So we don't need to be paying him as such. Give him 8.5mil or let him leave.

Why can't you fix the o-line, add a tight end to a balanced attack and still have a number one receiver?

Because I don't think Miami has a #1 WR on the roster. And I'm on record as wanting offensive lineman and a TE since I joined this place in 2008.

The fact I'm still talking about this makes baby Jesus cry.

If you're asking him to take a similar contract as Stills I think he'll pass.

You're probably correct. Good luck to him.

Do you honestly think he should get paid more than jordy Nelson, or as much as Julio Jones? How on earth could we tie up top WR money like that in basically julien edelman's peer? (Who btw gets less receptions, a little less yards but more TD's...... but for @5.5mil per)

He's just not worth top WR money by any logic. I don't care how much "fire" or "passion" he plays with. That fire and passion is negated by all the stupid penalties it brings so that isn't a factor to me any more. I would like him to stay, but at a number that reflects him as a top slot on a balanced team. Outside of that... take care and good luck wherever you go.

People on this forum really underestimate how good of a football player Juice Landry is. If we let him go, and he goes to a team with a real quarterback and real coaching staff, it's going to open some eyes.

You're probably correct. Good luck to him.

Do you honestly think he should get paid more than jordy Nelson, or as much as Julio Jones? How on earth could we tie up top WR money like that in basically julien edelman's peer? (Who btw gets less receptions, a little less yards but more TD's...... but for @5.5mil per)

He's just not worth top WR money by any logic. I don't care how much "fire" or "passion" he plays with. That fire and passion is negated by all the stupid penalties it brings so that isn't a factor to me any more. I would like him to stay, but at a number that reflects him as a top slot on a balanced team. Outside of that... take care and good luck wherever you go.

I'm not saying I would pay him elite money or even the money he's estimated to be offered, just that if you offer him Stills money he will decline it and get more elsewhere.

People on this forum really underestimate how good of a football player Juice Landry is. If we let him go, and he goes to a team with a real quarterback and real coaching staff, it's going to open some eyes.
Guarantee he averages 12-14 ypc in a competent offense.

Back
Top Bottom