Landry contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry contract

People on this forum really underestimate how good of a football player Juice Landry is. If we let him go, and he goes to a team with a real quarterback and real coaching staff, it's going to open some eyes.

Funny, I thought Tannehill losing an incompetent H.C in Philbin would open people's eyes as soon as Gase was hired. Especially after starting the season slow but leading the team to the playoffs and finishing with a 90+ something passer rating in his first year in a new system. But hey, in truth people only see what they want to see lol.

Exactly what I've been trying to say when it comes to pay structure. It's dumb to have broken the back for a DT and now we're going to do it for a slot WR?
It's time we start using the money and draft the right way

Ozzy rules!!

Well Suh does take on 10 blockers every play so it's difficult to judge his value. It's a shame that he does so much and is blocked by so many guys and yet nobody else on the team seems to be unblocked.

Give the job to Grant and take Berrios in the middle-late rounds and call it a day. Landry has been one of my favorite players since he got here but we aren't good enough to afford his negative plays and he doesn't do enough to justify a monster contract. Sure he makes terrific 1 handed catches but if they result in only 6-8 yards on the play does it really matter?

You're probably correct. Good luck to him.

Do you honestly think he should get paid more than jordy Nelson, or as much as Julio Jones? How on earth could we tie up top WR money like that in basically julien edelman's peer? (Who btw gets less receptions, a little less yards but more TD's...... but for @5.5mil per)

He's just not worth top WR money by any logic. I don't care how much "fire" or "passion" he plays with. That fire and passion is negated by all the stupid penalties it brings so that isn't a factor to me any more. I would like him to stay, but at a number that reflects him as a top slot on a balanced team. Outside of that... take care and good luck wherever you go.

What? since Edelman became a starter he has 356 catches 3826 yards and 20 td' to Landry's 400 4038 22, and thats with Edelman playing with a vastly superior QB.

2016 Season on 94 Catches Landry made a 1st down on 40.2% of his passes while Nelson on 97 Catches made a 1st down on 40.8% of his catches. Jordy Nelson had 19 catches of 20+ yards while Landry had 16 Catches of 20+ yards. For their career Landry averages 63.1 yds to Nelson's 57.7.

As far as touchdowns go Nelson was targeted 32 times in the redzone last years to Landry's 9, Julio Jones has 43 TD's in 7 years and Landry has 22 in 4 years. Julion Jones best TD year was 10 and Landry's was 9.

Lack of touchdown by a WR can have many factors besides talent such as play calling, and QB. For instance Aaron Rodgers threw 26 TD's inside the 10 last year to Tannehills 7. Andre Johnson was a WR that never got many TD's, I'm sure it wasn't due to talent but like i said other factors came into play.

Am I saying Landry is as physically talented as Nelson, Jones, or younger Andre Johnson. No, but his production is not that far away and he's not playing with MVP QB's like Rodgers, Brady, and Ryan.

Last edited:
What? since Edelman became a starter he has 356 catches 3826 yards and 20 td' to Landry's 400 4038 22, and thats with Edelman playing with a vastly superior QB.

2016 Season on 94 Catches Landry made a 1st down on 40.2% of his passes while Nelson on 97 Catches made a 1st down on 40.8% of his catches. Jordy Nelson had 19 catches of 20+ yards while Landry had 16 Catches of 20+ yards. For their career Landry averages 63.1 yds to Nelson's 57.7.

As far as touchdowns go Nelson was targeted 32 times in the redzone last years to Landry's 9, Julio Jones has 43 TD's in 7 years and Landry has 22 in 4 years. Julion Jones best TD year was 10 and Landry's was 9.

Lack of touchdown by a WR can have many factors besides talent such as play calling, and QB. For instance Aaron Rodgers threw 26 RZ TD's last year to Tannehills 7. Andre Johnson was a WR that never got many TD's, I'm sure it wasn't due to talent but like i said other factors came into play.

Am I saying Landry is as physically talented as Nelson, Jones, or younger Andre Johnson. No, but his production is not that far away and he's not playing with MVP QB's like Rodgers, Brady, and Ryan.
Yep don’t let the stats get in the way of the false narrative people are spreading. The guy is special.

Lack of touchdown by a WR can have many factors besides talent such as play calling, and QB. For instance Aaron Rodgers threw 26 TD's inside the 10 last year to Tannehills 7. Andre Johnson was a WR that never got many TD's, I'm sure it wasn't due to talent but like i said other factors came into play.

Yep don’t let the stats get in the way of the false narrative people are spreading. The guy is special.

Then you guys get to be happy if they break the bank for him. I just won't.

But i agree, he is special. He's just not 14mil per for a slot, level of special to me.

Ps. I didn't look at edelmans entire career, just the years that he and landry have been in the league simultaneously. During those years they are very comparable.

But i agree, he is special. He's just not 14mil per for a slot, level of special to me.

Ps. I didn't look at edelmans entire career, just the years that he and landry have been in the league simultaneously. During those years they are very comparable.
Would you feel the same if Landry wasn’t such a douche? Not trying to be a smart ass. Just trying to understand if his antics have you and others feeling the way you guys do.

Would you feel the same if Landry wasn’t such a douche? Not trying to be a smart ***. Just trying to understand if his antics have you and others feeling the way you guys do.
Douch or not, he's not worth #1 money because he's not a #1 top 5 elite WR in the NFL. All of those hoping we break the bank for him have forgotten something. If we keep running our offense thru him we will never score enough points to be a high scoring offense. That's what happens when you run your offense thru a slot WR. No it's not his fault as I have said before but the team needs to change what they have been doing and that includes not paying him all the money he wants

Ozzy rules!!

I didn't post his career numbers, I posted his numbers when he became a starter which was 2013 to 2016 since he didn't play this year. Thats 4 years worth.

Would you feel the same if Landry wasn’t such a douche? Not trying to be a smart ***. Just trying to understand if his antics have you and others feeling the way you guys do.

Absolutely i would feel the same. For the most part him getting in people's face, the extra shoves, etc never bothered me. In fact i found it entertaining. Even the first down pointing thing i enjoy. My point is simply that the repercussions of some of it are not outweighed drastically by his production.

My feelings on this are purely about business not personal. I like him on our team and I'd love to keep him. I'm just not willing to throw #1 money at him. We have far too many holes and needs to tie up #1 money in a slot.
You pay him that kind of money and you HAVE to feature him more than you should and as Danny had shown very clearly if you run the O through him you will NEVER succeed. Too many long drives with too many looks for the opposing D.

He gained 5 TD's from last year. If he's the key to our O that should have meant more for the team, but it was just the opposite. The team lost 13 TD's from 2016. You just can't make your slot THAT crucial to your offensive production. It doesn't work. And if you're not going to feature him then why on earth would you give him feature type pay?

he is the only one in the WR that has fight. Parker is a diva and Stills is inconsistent. Carroo is a bust.
Yes, fight that costs yards in the opposite direction, Parker isn't anywhere near a diva, you have to be at least good to be a diva (conversely Landry is closer to diva than anything we have), stills is the most consistent receiver we have, and yes carroo is a bust

Absolutely i would feel the same. For the most part him getting in people's face, the extra shoves, etc never bothered me. In fact i found it entertaining. Even the first down pointing thing i enjoy. My point is simply that the repercussions of some of it are not outweighed drastically by his production.

My feelings on this are purely about business not personal. I like him on our team and I'd love to keep him. I'm just not willing to throw #1 money at him. We have far too many holes and needs to tie up #1 money in a slot.
You pay him that kind of money and you HAVE to feature him more than you should and as Danny had shown very clearly if you run the O through him you will NEVER succeed. Too many long drives with too many looks for the opposing D.

He gained 5 TD's from last year. If he's the key to our O that should have meant more for the team, but it was just the opposite. The team lost 13 TD's from 2016. You just can't make your slot THAT crucial to your offensive production. It doesn't work. And if you're not going to feature him then why on earth would you give him feature type pay?
I agree w you and Danny about the top 5 money thing but I would like to keep him. I feel he has intangibles w the ball in his hands that would be hard to replace. He’s young and he’ll matute (I would hope).

He's not worth #1 money. A #1 receiver has more than 8 yards per catch for crying out loud.

I'm not in favor of overspending for anyone, but as far as the 8 yards per reception goes that has more to the way he was used than his ability. If you threw Calvin Johnson 75% of has targets withing 5 or 10 yards of the line of scrimmage it would reduce his yards per catch average too.

Wait did you just blame Landry for the reason we lost 13 TD's?. Don't you think its a bit unreasonable to put that on Landry? In 16 games this year Julio Jones had 3 TD's down from 6 last year. Last year the Falcons offense ranked 1st and this year 15th...is that 3 td drop off the reason?

Last year we had 27 passing TD's and this year we had 24...so not a drastic change. Last year we had 14 rushing TD's and this year we had 4, we lost 10 rushing TD's due to Ajayi leaving.

Last year we had 88 rushing attempts inside the 20 and 3 TD's, inside the 10 we had 9 TD's.
This year we had 18 rushing attempts inside the 20 and 2 td's inside the 10, 1 by drake and 1 by Fales.

The loss of a rushing RZ threat hurt us more than anything, to put this on Landry is just unfair.

He's not worth #1 money. A #1 receiver has more than 8 yards per catch for crying out loud.

1. He did get more than 8 yards he got 8.8 if you round up thats 9.
2. He had 12.1 last year with a better QB, a down year with a worse QB....how dare he.
3. So he should go rogue and run routes to improve his y/c? He should not follow the play as designed by the head coach? Pretty sure he'd be cut man.

Should a space eating DT forgo his responsibilities and try to get sacks a oppose to doing as he is told?

Back
Top Bottom