Landry contract | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry contract

Wait did you just blame Landry for the reason we lost 13 TD's?. Don't you think its a bit unreasonable to put that on Landry? In 16 games this year Julio Jones had 3 TD's down from 6 last year. Last year the Falcons offense ranked 1st and this year 15th...is that 3 td drop off the reason?.

I in no way blame landry for that. I clearly blamed the concept of running your O through your slot receiver. I don't care who the slot is.

Yes he is one hell of a talented slot, and has done great things with the ball in his hands. You won't get argument from me bc we're on the same page there. Where we aren't on the same page is thinking it's smart to give a slot 14mil per year.

If he's demanding over 10 per then you may have to wish him well. You CANNOT pay that kind of money to that position.

To the people who are okay with letting him go, I understand your point, I honestly do. However, if we let him walk then what do we do? We're left with Stills and Parker as our top two receivers. Stills, don't get me wrong I like him and what he does for this team, is nothing more than a complimentary receiver and Parker has proven to be a bust. So if we let him walk that's just one more hole for this team and one less weapon for Tannehill, and he needs all the weapons he can get; he and Landry have proven to play well together too. We'd have to, at the very least, use a high draft pick (first through third most likely) to replace him and then that's just another pick that could be used to fill another hole. Not to mention probably a year or two to flourish, if he flourishes at all (see Parker). My honest opinion is pay Landry what he wants (assuming that's in the $12-14 mil a year range) and trim the fat somewhere else, namely Suh's contract but also other areas as well.

The obvious hole to my theory is that there's always free agency, but when has that worked for us? Especially with receivers.

Jarvis is special, and agree stats don’t fully tell his story, but no matter how you slice this he isn’t worth 10+ million a year. In my opinion so few WRs are. When is the last time you heard that WR lead this team to the super bowl?

I would much rather use that 14 million to sign two interior lineman, so Drake and Ryan can stay up right. I also look forward to Grant getting more targets. Our coach is going to run a short passing scheme, so we need a guy who can take the short pass to the house. Grant could be very similar to Hill in KC if we get him the ball 50-60x a year.

What if Ziggy Ansah could be signed for the same money? See I’d love for Landry to stay in Miami and I’ll be disappointed if he leaves UNLESS the money is better spent elsewhere.

I'd be ok with Miami paying 12-12.5 million to retain Landry. Otherwise, bye bye bye.

Wait did you just blame Landry for the reason we lost 13 TD's?. Don't you think its a bit unreasonable to put that on Landry? In 16 games this year Julio Jones had 3 TD's down from 6 last year. Last year the Falcons offense ranked 1st and this year 15th...is that 3 td drop off the reason?

Last year we had 27 passing TD's and this year we had 24...so not a drastic change. Last year we had 14 rushing TD's and this year we had 4, we lost 10 rushing TD's due to Ajayi leaving.

Last year we had 88 rushing attempts inside the 20 and 3 TD's, inside the 10 we had 9 TD's.
This year we had 18 rushing attempts inside the 20 and 2 td's inside the 10, 1 by drake and 1 by Fales.

The loss of a rushing RZ threat hurt us more than anything, to put this on Landry is just unfair.
How many TDs did Ajayi have this season before he got dealt?

To the people who are okay with letting him go, I understand your point, I honestly do. However, if we let him walk then what do we do? We're left with Stills and Parker as our top two receivers. Stills, don't get me wrong I like him and what he does for this team, is nothing more than a complimentary receiver and Parker has proven to be a bust. So if we let him walk that's just one more hole for this team and one less weapon for Tannehill, and he needs all the weapons he can get; he and Landry have proven to play well together too. We'd have to, at the very least, use a high draft pick (first through third most likely) to replace him and then that's just another pick that could be used to fill another hole. Not to mention probably a year or two to flourish, if he flourishes at all (see Parker). My honest opinion is pay Landry what he wants (assuming that's in the $12-14 mil a year range) and trim the fat somewhere else, namely Suh's contract but also other areas as well.

The obvious hole to my theory is that there's always free agency, but when has that worked for us? Especially with receivers.
My solution would be very simple. I'd draft Sutton or Ridley at 11, both of whom are more dynamic and explosive than Landry. That's what I would do.

Ozzy rules!!

I think this is a terrible situation with no real winners. I feel that our ineptitude has built (almost) a monster. The passing game is obviously very important and the part of the passing game most closely connected to winning is efficiency. Efficiency meaning more yards per attempt and as few turnovers and penalties as possible.

Our passing offense has mostly been the opposite of this. He gets way too many targets and I feel this is a real factor in our struggles on offense. Paying him a huge amount is basically rewarding him for our failures.

I refuse to believe a slot guy that just gave us 6.1 yards per target should get anything close to that. We need a real number one and a large portion of our targets need to go to him DOWN THE FIELD.

To top it off, I am a fan of his, I want to like him, I can't help but think he's a head case who thinks he's irreplaceable. This season has shown me that if he truly is a team leader like many say he is, well we need much better leadership.

I'm not in favor of overspending for anyone, but as far as the 8 yards per reception goes that has more to the way he was used than his ability. If you threw Calvin Johnson 75% of has targets withing 5 or 10 yards of the line of scrimmage it would reduce his yards per catch average too.

Except Calvin Johnson through pure physical ability is or was a true #1. He could stretch the field, high point the ball and didn't come with all the post play theatrics. No comparison at all. Welker is closer in comparison, and I don't think he commanded #1 money despite being more productive and no on field soap opera.

How exactly do you approach Suh? You know he gets his money no matter how you slice it. Pay it now or pay it later, Suh gets his. And as previous posts have mentioned, pay it now instead of hampering the out years.

Spending big money on a slot is a Miami Dolphins and part of its fan base thing to do. While then bitching the QB has no time to throw and the RB struggles to find running lanes.

Except Calvin Johnson through pure physical ability is or was a true #1. He could stretch the field, high point the ball and didn't come with all the post play theatrics. No comparison at all. Welker is closer in comparison, and I don't think he commanded #1 money despite being more productive and no on field soap opera.

Didn't say they were similar players. I said if all of the passes to Johnson were at or behind the line of scrimmage it would reduce his yards per reception too. I never once compared Austin physically to Johnson.

How many TDs did Ajayi have this season before he got dealt?

What does that have to do with anything? I said the loss of a rushing RZ threat hurt us this year, as in we didn't have a rushing RZ threat. The LACK of a rushing RZ threat hurt us this year. We had 2 TD's inside the 20 this year compared to 12 last year. Even without Ajayi TD's we still had more than double the rushing TD's inside the 20 last year compared to this year.

Didn't say they were similar players. I said if all of the passes to Johnson were at or behind the line of scrimmage it would reduce his yards per reception too. I never once compared Austin physically to Johnson.

My point being, you wouldn't ever see it happen. If you did, that HC would eventually be fired.

Back
Top Bottom