Losman Struggling | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman Struggling

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Would you expect him to say anything else?
Considering he coached Boomer and Montana, yes. His name is on the line.

Justasportsfan said:
I was gonna make a bet w/ you NOW that JP is gonna have better fantasy stats than whoever you picked as a starting qb. Since you're not even sure it will be pointless to make a bet since I want to put Jp against your personal choice. ;)You do have "CAMP REPORTS" you could use to formulate an opinion, no?
in case u didn't see this Wannyfan

Justasportsfan said:
I was gonna make a bet w/ you NOW that JP is gonna have better fantasy stats than whoever you picked as a starting qb. Since you're not even sure it will be pointless to make a bet since I want to put Jp against your personal choice. ;)

You already stated that JP would better these numbers:

279 completions 488 attempts 57.1% 3357 yards 23 TDs 17 Ints 79.3 rating

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You already stated that JP would better these numbers:

279 completions 488 attempts 57.1% 3357 yards 23 TDs 17 Ints 79.3 rating
If you can make assumptions based on camp reports , I think you can formulate your opinion regarding your qb's based on camp reports. So going by camp reports I am willing to make a bet w/ you . You game? Pick your qb and well use their fantasy nos.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
In case you didn't see this Justa
Part of a coaches job is to draft players or get some via FA that best fits his system. He tells his GM what he needs and his GM get's them. Wanny went out and drafted players like, Fletcher and Eddie Moore? So it's Wanny's fault he didn't have the talent he needed because as far as I know he didn't have to run anything by anyone since he was both HC and GM just like he was w/ the bears when he ran that franchise to the ground.
You are making excuses for Wanny who completely ignored the offensive side of the ball. He also hand picked Fiedler and stuck with Fiedler until Spielman was given the job as a GM.

Who's fault was last year 4-12 season? Wanny or Spielman?

Any more questions about player assesments?

Justasportsfan said:
If you can make assumptions based on camp reports , I think you can formulate your opinion regarding your qb's based on camp reports. So going by camp reports I am willing to make a bet w/ you . You game? Pick your qb and well use their fantasy nos.

Are you backing away from your original prediction?

I predict he'll be better than what AJ was w/ the eagles.

You stated that JP would better the performance of Feeley when Feeley was with Philly. I did the math and posted Feeley's numbers extrapolated for a full 16 games. We can use winning % if you like. :cool: The Bills need to be 12-4 this year.

BTW, what assumptions did I make?

Justasportsfan said:
Part of a coaches job is to draft players or get some via FA that best fits his system.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justasportsfan said:
He tells his GM what he needs and his GM get's them. Wanny went out and drafted players like, Fletcher and Eddie Moore? So it's Wanny's fault he didn't have the talent he needed because as far as I know he didn't have to run anything by anyone since he was both HC and GM just like he was w/ the bears when he ran that franchise to the ground.
You are making excuses for Wanny who completely ignored the offensive side of the ball. He also hand picked Fiedler and stuck with Fiedler until Spielman was given the job as a GM.

Who's fault was last year 4-12 season? Wanny or Spielman?

Any more questions about player assesments?

In 2000, Wanny had a team largely built by JJ. In 1990, Levy had a team built by Polian. So I ask you again:

Were the Bills more talented by a little or a lot? Simple question.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Are you backing away from your original prediction?

You stated that JP would better the performance of Feeley when Feeley was with Philly. I did the math and posted Feeley's numbers extrapolated for a full 16 games. We can use winning % if you like. :cool: The Bills need to be 12-4 this year.

BTW, what assumptions did I make?
show me the link. I can't find it. Knowing you , you cut part of what I said.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're telling me that the GM does not talk to the coaches? That's stupid if you think so.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
In 2000, Wanny had a team largely built by JJ. In 1990, Levy had a team built by Polian. So I ask you again:

Were the Bills more talented by a little or a lot? Simple question.
Yeah, so you're telling me JJ was in charge of JT, Zach, and the other better players? You just admitted to me that JJ built the team Wanny had won games w/.

Based on history, Wanny has had the tendency to draft bust like he did w/ the bears.

I'm almost sure if Wanny was in charge he would've drafted others just like Fletcher and eddie moore.

Wanny had as much power as Saban did prior to hiring Mueler(sp)

Marv along w/ Poilan built a better team than Wanny. Remember Wanny chose guys like Feorster to be his OC. Told Bates to run a conservative D, and didn't give Norv turner the weapons needed to be successful. Anymore questions?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=349

Add to the scenario that the Bills general manager at the time was Bill Polian, who first met Marv when they worked for the Alouettes.He joined Levy as a scout with the Chiefs and was the pro personnel director of the Blitz. Polian, citing Marv's qualities of, "professionalism, organization, leadership, motivation, ability to make clear-cut decisions, ability to see the big picture and to implement what is needed to reach those goals," urged Wilson to hire Levy. It was an easy sell.

Rebuilding the Bills, however, wasn't so easy. Levy took over a team that had lost 28 of 32 games over two seasons.

"Marv brought sunlight to a very dark situation when he came," remembered Polian. "He's an optimistic person. When outside forces make it seem like Armageddon, he's liable to drop a one-liner in the most serious discussion. He keeps everyone loose. You enjoy coming to work."

Read it and weep . Read the whole thing and tell me that he was fired from the chiefs because he didn't perform. Wanny was fired from the bears because he ran the team to the ground.

Justasportsfan said:
you're telling me that the GM does not talk to the coaches? That's stupid if you think so.

Is that what I said? I don't think so.

You said:

Part of a coaches job is to draft players or get some via FA that best fits his system.

That is wrong.

Justasportsfan said:
Anymore questions?

Just answer the question. How much better?

Since you won't answer the question, I'll answer it for you. The 1990 Bills had a lot more talent than the 2000 Dolphins. In addition, the 2000 Dolphins had a new QB, a new starting RB, new OC, new HC, etc, etc. The Bills had been together with a set core group of players and coaching staff for several years. They had numerous future HOFers on their roster.

Isn't it funny then that the records of the two teams were so similar. The Bills were 13-3 in the regular season. The Dolphins were 11-5 in the regular season. The Bills were 2-1 in the playoffs. The Dolphins were 1-1 in the playoffs. Why do you think that the two teams performed so similarly despite the fact that the Bills had way more talent and the team was much more stable?

I'll give you that answer as well. Wannstedt did a better job as head coach in 2000 than Levy did in 1990!!!!!!! Plain and simiple!!!!!!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Is that what I said? I don't think so.

You said:

That is wrong.

Just answer the question. How much better?

Since you won't answer the question, I'll answer it for you. The 1990 Bills had a lot more talent than the 2000 Dolphins. In addition, the 2000 Dolphins had a new QB, a new starting RB, new OC, new HC, etc, etc. The Bills had been together with a set core group of players and coaching staff for several years. They had numerous future HOFers on their roster.

Isn't it funny then that the records of the two teams were so similar. The Bills were 13-3 in the regular season. The Dolphins were 11-5 in the regular season. The Bills were 2-1 in the playoffs. The Dolphins were 1-1 in the playoffs. Why do you think that the two teams performed so similarly despite the fact that the Bills had way more talent and the team was much more stable?

I'll give you that answer as well. Wannstedt did a better job as head coach in 2000 than Levy did in 1990!!!!!!! Plain and simiple!!!!!!!

Read my link. It talks about how Marv together w/ Polian built the bills. It also screwes up what you know of how he was fired from the chiefs. Read Polian comments of Marv as well.

Justasportsfan said:
http://profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=349

Add to the scenario that the Bills general manager at the time was Bill Polian, who first met Marv when they worked for the Alouettes.He joined Levy as a scout with the Chiefs and was the pro personnel director of the Blitz. Polian, citing Marv's qualities of, "professionalism, organization, leadership, motivation, ability to make clear-cut decisions, ability to see the big picture and to implement what is needed to reach those goals," urged Wilson to hire Levy. It was an easy sell.

Rebuilding the Bills, however, wasn't so easy. Levy took over a team that had lost 28 of 32 games over two seasons.

"Marv brought sunlight to a very dark situation when he came," remembered Polian. "He's an optimistic person. When outside forces make it seem like Armageddon, he's liable to drop a one-liner in the most serious discussion. He keeps everyone loose. You enjoy coming to work."

Read it and weep . Read the whole thing and tell me that he was fired from the chiefs because he didn't perform. Wanny was fired from the bears because he ran the team to the ground.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Dude, you are quoting from Levy's HOF bio.....

Here are quotes from Dave's bio at Pitt:

Wannstedt concluded his Chicago Bears tenure as the third winningest coach in the franchise’s history with 41 victories. In 1994 he was named the NFC Coach of the Year by UPI and Football News after directing Chicago back to the playoffs following a three-year hiatus. Wannstedt additionally was among the top three finishers for NFL Coach of the Year honors that season by The Associated Press, Pro Football Writers, The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly and Football Digest. The Bears were the NFL’s least-penalized team for two consecutive seasons (1994-95) under his watch.

During Wannstedt’s head coaching tenure with the Dolphins, Miami was one of just three NFL teams from 2000-03 to record nine or more victories each year. The Dolphins’ 41-23 mark during that span tied for the club’s best four-year record in nearly 20 seasons. Miami captured the AFC East Division championship in 2000 with an 11-5 record. The Dolphins’ defense that season ranked third in the NFL in points allowed (a franchise-low 226 points) and led the league with 28 interceptions. He joined the Dolphins in 1999 as assistant head coach under Jimmy Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom