Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

Well it's after 1 pm now, did they say whether or not someone bought the tickets or is it a blackout?

Mcduffie81 said:
The Tampa area is alot different then the Miami area...wouldnt you agree?

Not really from a football aspect. Actually, Fans in Miami have more historical reasons to attend home games. We have a history of greatness. The Bucs pre '00 have a history of sucking. I don't feel that the nightlife and large amount of area activities factor in to attending a 1 pm game in Miami. What are these supposed activities that people are enjoying in Miami at 1 pm any more than you would in Tampa? No one's hitting a night club in either South Beach or Ybor at 1 pm. They both have the beach. They both have shopping. I lived in St. Pete and I can say that Miami is a lot nicer than Tampa but thats where the argument dies.

There aren't large amounts of generations of people growing up and residing in Tampa any more than in Miami.

I love the Dolphins plain and simple. We just have a larger contingent of wishy-washy fans that can't be bothered to sweat out a game.

By the way, Tampa in early September is way more hot and humid WITH NO WIND. Miami at least has some breeze from the trade winds.

I'll be at the game anyways.

Fran2fin said:
Excuse me, but we have two more tropical storms hovering off the coast of Floida right now.....This is a scary thing for those who haven't been thru it.

Those Storms are heading Northeast!

But what does that have to do with what I said.

BTW, I have been thru Hurricane Andrew. My house in Cutler Ridge was totaled, and It was a great great relief to be able to get away from here to attend the next home game.

msg said:
Get off your high horse bud, theres a big different between spending $100 to goto the game and spending $10 to watch it at home.

Brutha I'm making my point.

I'm not on any high horse here. Why? Because I'm never effected by the blackouts. I'm at the stadium, and have been for over 25 years.

My point is that why claim to be struggling then spend on something the family cant all use!!!

I've read thru this thread, and your the pissed off one, not me. All I want is a full stadium, and I'm more than willing to let those unfortunate ones suffer a little while while my plan takes place. Of course, I have no choice, or say in it, but I can dream ........

Okay, I have Sunday Ticket, and from what i understand I'll get it. However, anyone else notice that Sunday Ticket has a disclaimer that says "local blackout rules apply"? I always assumed that was because Sunday Ticket carries the local feed. Explain?

NEW DEVELOPMENT

Hope I don't get in trouble for this, but I have inside knowledge-
They have sold 4000 tickets this AM, and are negotiating with CBS4 right this moment about buying up the remainder.
Blackout has a good chance of being LIFTED even though it has passed the 1pm deadline.

TorontoFin said:
Okay, I have Sunday Ticket, and from what i understand I'll get it. However, anyone else notice that Sunday Ticket has a disclaimer that says "local blackout rules apply"? I always assumed that was because Sunday Ticket carries the local feed. Explain?

Local blackout rule basically means that within an area of about 75 miles from where the game is being played, there will be a blackout of televised coverage....you should be ok in Toronto and should be able to get the game from DirecTV's Sunday Ticket for every Dolphins game regardless of whether or not it is a sellout. People within the Miami viewing area might be able to get the game at a sportsbar but probably wont be able to get it on Sunday Ticket.

Black ALL the Games OUT!!

I hope the Game is blacked out, and the one after this one too, so everyone that is complaining that lives in Miami can open up their wallets and buy a ticket and see the game. Maybe you shouldnt spend it on 5 beers, buy 1 instead and then a ticket...You all disgust me, and you shouldnt even have a say about anything if you cant take 40 bucks out for a ticket, its just ridiculous...360 bucks for 10 games is what it cost sitting in the 4th row upper deck..so stop talking and do something..i hope the whole season is blacked out..maybe some of you ignorant wanna be fans will become a true fan.

BLACK OUT THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!

LMAO.

Miami is a band-wagon city.

No one gives two ****s when the Panthers Dolphins and Marlins are losing.

surrealo said:
I hope the Game is blacked out, and the one after this one too, so everyone that is complaining that lives in Miami can open up their wallets and buy a ticket and see the game. Maybe you shouldnt spend it on 5 beers, buy 1 instead and then a ticket...You all disgust me, and you shouldnt even have a say about anything if you cant take 40 bucks out for a ticket, its just ridiculous...360 bucks for 10 games is what it cost sitting in the 4th row upper deck..so stop talking and do something..i hope the whole season is blacked out..maybe some of you ignorant wanna be fans will become a true fan.

BLACK OUT THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!

I'm with ya man!!!....

They should do it just to teach these cheap fans a lesson. Maybe then they'd go out and do their part to keep the games from being blacked-out for a change....

PHINZ RULE!!!

surrealo

That's an awfully extreme stance you are taking there. We have all sorts of fans, some intense, some casual. We should and do embrace them ALL.

As someone wisely mentioned, the revenue derived from home games is sooooo small compared to TV revenue sharing. Heck even the AWAY game take is better than home ticket sales.

But I get your point. We do need a more intense and participative crowd at home. As Saban pleaded, it makes a big difference. But to wish for black-outs is a bit over-the-top.

------
Now that I typed all that, I realized. You know what got the 4000 tix sold this AM? The threat of a blackout.

Crisis said:
LMAO.

Miami is a band-wagon city.

No one gives two ****s when the Panthers Dolphins and Marlins are losing.

What the hell do you know about it anyways???....

Look at the attendance records over the years, I think you'll see that Miami brings in just as many, if not more fans than the Bills on a yearly basis....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom