Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

BLITZKRIEG said:
You're just a tourist as far as I'm concerned....

PHINZ RULE!!!
LOL..Im just as big a dolphin fans as you and the truth is that if you didnt ENJOY going to the games you wouldnt go. Please dont act like you only do it to "support" our team and everyone else are such horrible fans. I think about and support the Dolphins 24/7 and yet I can barely tolerate going to the stadium. I can only handle about 1 game a year. This year its opening day.

BLITZKRIEG said:
AWWW.....Afraid of alittle heat???...

Fans like you make me sick. You may be a fan, but a pathetic excuse for one...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Whatever man you go spend all your money to sit in your nosebleed seats while I sit at home and watch the game on my big screen tv in the a/c. If that makes you a better fan than I so be it. :rofl3:

If you're in the blackout zone Directv or not you won't get the game. At least, that was the case in '04 when I had Directv and lived inside the blackout zone.

I hope for all of you thats not the case.

I'll be at the game so I'm not concerned!

SabanSucks said:
huh? So you would agree. Miami has better things to do. But like i said in another thread, the NFL and has better things to do to. Like make money. And home openers should be guaranteed sell outs, in any market you play in. There's no excuses when you have 10 other cities out there that could guarantee a sell out for the Home Opener.

yeah? what cities?

BALLS DEEP said:
If you're in the blackout zone Directv or not you won't get the game. At least, that was the case in '04 when I had Directv and lived inside the blackout zone.

I hope for all of you thats not the case.

I'll be at the game so I'm not concerned!

aaaaahhhhhhh is fort myers in that zone?????????? cape coral??????????

islandah said:
The reason we have such apathetic fans is that we are a community of transplants. Nobody moves to Green Bay, so all their fans have grown up with the team for generations. Very few South Florida residents grew up here and have had Dolphins fan-atacism drummed into them from their parents who lived here their whole lives. Usually residents adopt the fins as a second team to the team from their original home (Philly, NY, etc.). Also, we have a lot of international transplants, from places where American football is just not as popular. It takes awhile for the local team to become "your" team, especially if they're struggling. I moved to Fl. as a kid, so I've been a Fin fan my whole life, but I'm the first generation of my family to root for the Dolphins and not Da Bears. (If I have to hear about the "Monsters of the Midway" one more time I'm gonna puke). But my kids are already being indoctrinated, so the next generation is safe!

So if thats the case then why do the Bucs have a long waiting list for season tickets? They also always sell out.

islandah said:
The reason we have such apathetic fans is that we are a community of transplants. Nobody moves to Green Bay, so all their fans have grown up with the team for generations. Very few South Florida residents grew up here and have had Dolphins fan-atacism drummed into them from their parents who lived here their whole lives. Usually residents adopt the fins as a second team to the team from their original home (Philly, NY, etc.). Also, we have a lot of international transplants, from places where American football is just not as popular. It takes awhile for the local team to become "your" team, especially if they're struggling. I moved to Fl. as a kid, so I've been a Fin fan my whole life, but I'm the first generation of my family to root for the Dolphins and not Da Bears. (If I have to hear about the "Monsters of the Midway" one more time I'm gonna puke). But my kids are already being indoctrinated, so the next generation is safe!

that's true too.

BALLS DEEP said:
So if thats the case then why do the Bucs have a long waiting list for season tickets? They also always sell out.

didn't their owner try to sue season ticket holders if they stopped? :D

BALLS DEEP said:
The Tampa area is alot different then the Miami area...wouldnt you agree?

msg said:
Whatever man you go spend all your money to sit in your nosebleed seats while I sit at home and watch the game on my big screen tv in the a/c. If that makes you a better fan than I so be it. :rofl3:

I don't spend all of my money. I save it for the sole purpose of buying season tickets....HINT HINT....

I'm not saying I'm a better fan than any other Phinz fan, I'm just saying if your not going to go to the games, then don't complain about them being blacked-out....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I don't spend all of my money. I save it for the sole purpose of buying season tickets....HINT HINT....

I'm not saying I'm a better fan than any other Phinz fan, I'm just saying if your not going to go to the games, then don't complain about them being blacked-out....

PHINZ RULE!!!
Calling people that dont go to many games "pathetic excuses for fans" isnt saying your a BETTER fan than anyone else? Your comments were very insulting....but dont back down now.

Mcduffie81 said:
Calling people that dont go to many games "pathetic excuses for fans" isnt saying your a BETTER fan than anyone else? Your comments were very insulting....but dont back down now.

I think the fans who live within driving distance, and choose not to show on opening day, are pathetic. Especially when they cry about the games being blacked out, and yet do nothing to help lift it. Like buy tickets....

Living in Lake Worth there's no excuse for you to miss opening day, and I see that you're going, so good job there. You get a free pass....

PHINZ RULE!!!

bakedmatt said:
Every seat in the house is fine enough to watch football in that stadium, IMO.

BS. I watched the Ray Lucas Bowl (Bills game) from the top row.. It was terrible.. Those jumbotrons suck ***, so thankfully I couldnt really watch all of Lucas' INTs.. And I came out of there with the worst sunburn of my life.

I had nice seats for last year's Pats MNF, lower section, sideline and it was a fun experience.. but to go through all that hassle to watch the game from the top row is just not worth it imo.. Maybe if they had some nice jumbotrons like Philadelphia, but not the way Dolphins Stadium is currently set up.

A lot of sorry a$$ excuses. If you are not willing to support the team with ticket sales, dont complain about not seeing it. You are the very definition of why Miami fans suck and are fare weathered.

Ozzy said:
I wish that every game the TV stations would not buy the remaining seats up. Just so the fans in the surrounding area can't watch it. They need to be at the stadium, not wishing for the blackouts to be lifted.

Excuse me, but we have two more tropical storms hovering off the coast of Floida right now.....This is a scary thing for those who haven't been thru it.

Back
Top Bottom