Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

He'd be right, considering across the country the Miami fans are some of the most loyal, die-hard fans? We have many, many, many more than in Miami. I dont see the point there, the fact is Miami really isn't a very good sports town. The Dolphins back in the early 70's won me over with their dominance, while here in Philadelphia the Eagles weren't even on T.V, blacked out every week. That is the case for many of you across the country, the people down in south florida are just night club dwelling band wagoners who dont care about any sports down there unless it's Championship worthy.

OrangeCrush said:
Atleast 1 game in Denver and if they play the TB or JaX or Miami then it will be more.
Guess you will be changing your name to orangebrush after this week. Because Miami will be brushing you right out the door after we pound you this week. Have a nice day.:D

ScrepsMJ said:
I think in the future, attendance will be down for every sports team. With all the new features pouring out with television, HD, Tivo, etc. People will start prefering to stay home instead of dealing with all the BS on game day, traffic, time, money, weather, etc.

Yeah, look at each new stadium. All of them are only like 65,000 in capacity rather than the 80,000 it used to be. With all the new features, attendance will go down. But if you have a loyal fan base you'll still sell out, and as long as the Dolphins play in Miami, that aint happening.

Dolphin fans are pathetic...I remember one of their playoff games being blacked-out like 5 years ago. There is no reason why this game should be not sold out. New coach, new attitiude, new offense, new defense, season opener.
I'm a Dolphin fan and I'm not pathetic. Some fans in Miami might be pathetic, but don't label me pathetic b/c some tanned old folks down south don't show up to games

I dont care if the team sell out of not anyway, because even when they do that is the most un-lively bunch of fans i've ever heard. For 75,000 people at a football game it should get a HELL of a lot louder and should have a HELL of a lot greater home field advantage than that, we might as well just stick cut outs of Dan Marino in the seats, they would be more animated than the fans that go to Dolphin games, and at least the stadium would look full.

I could be just a dedicated fan watching the game from home.

I'm dedicated because I buy Dolphins merchandise.

And the Dolphins do ahve the mellowist (is this a word?) fans in the league.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
He'd be right, considering across the country the Miami fans are some of the most loyal, die-hard fans? We have many, many, many more than in Miami. I dont see the point there, the fact is Miami really isn't a very good sports town. The Dolphins back in the early 70's won me over with their dominance, while here in Philadelphia the Eagles weren't even on T.V, blacked out every week. That is the case for many of you across the country, the people down in south florida are just night club dwelling band wagoners who dont care about any sports down there unless it's Championship worthy.

Haha, if that's the case it's time to move the team. I'm sure there are plenty of markets in the NFL the fish could move to that would sell out the HOME OPENER. Bash the city of Buffalo all you want. The market is a quarter the size of Miami's and all of our games will sell out. And that's after 5 years of not seeing the playoffs. What's that say about Buffalo fans vs Fish fans?

Well with the HUGE city in Buffalo, the BRIGHT lights, the celebrities all the attractions it's just so suprising that they'd sell out....oh wait, what am i thinking of?

lets see should I spend over $100 to go sit in the nosebleed section of the stadium where you cant see sh#t while enduring 110 degree heat or should I pay nothing sit at home and enjoy the game on tv. Tough decision.

msg said:
lets see should I spend over $100 to go sit in the nosebleed section of the stadium where you cant see sh#t while enduring 110 degree heat or should I pay nothing sit at home and enjoy the game on tv. Tough decision.

I don't blame you. Hey do what you want, but I've always picked going to the game. It feels dirty not to go. that's true about the prices. seats, parking, gasoline, booze, tolls, and food... well over $100. I'm fortunate not to have to pay for my ticket.

Local fans who call themselves true fans should go to the game, it does not cost $100 a ticket. If you are not going to go then dont b!tch when the game is not on tv.

a loyal season ticket holder.

msg said:

Not if you're a loyal fan.....

If you live within 4-5 hours of the stadium, you have no excuse for not showing on opening day IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Can anyone clarify whether or not the game will be shown on Direct TV with or without blackout...I'm in west palm and am already starting to plan on a.) going to the game and spending the cheddar or b.) watching the game at my local sports bar...bruz room. Can i get some help please?

There is nothing better then being out there... Hot, rain, wind... Whatever... It's about having fun with your friends, being a part of something, supporting your team. It's not that expensive if you do it right.

I'm bummed because my 87 grandfather who lives in Deerfield Beach can't see the game...

I would hope that by 1pm, some company steps up to buy out the tickets. I'm sure those phone calls are being made right now.

Back
Top Bottom