Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

canesfins13 said:
Local fans who call themselves true fans should go to the game, it does not cost $100 a ticket. If you are not going to go then dont b!tch when the game is not on tv.

a loyal season ticket holder.

No offense chief...but in my line of work, the offseason can be brutal, and it has been this year. I had tickets for the atlanta game last week and I didn't even go. Too much money, 3$ gallong gas prices tolls, not too mention the price of food and drink at the place. So in closing, when u folks who are fortunate enough to go to the games decides to buy me a ticket and let me carpool with them, then maybe I'll start getting back to the game.

As for Direct TV unless you have a "hot box" or illegally subscibed to NFL Ticket "yes"
the blackout applies, Sports Bars under NFL local Blackout Rule are "NOT" permitted to show the game either.

This again is something that really erks me about the NFL and its Anti-Trust exemption
they can sell their exclusive satellite rights to direct tv then still force the blackout rule on people that pay for the right to view their games.

so is fort myers within the blackout range?

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Well with the HUGE city in Buffalo, the BRIGHT lights, the celebrities all the attractions it's just so suprising that they'd sell out....oh wait, what am i thinking of?

huh? So you would agree. Miami has better things to do. But like i said in another thread, the NFL and has better things to do to. Like make money. And home openers should be guaranteed sell outs, in any market you play in. There's no excuses when you have 10 other cities out there that could guarantee a sell out for the Home Opener.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Not if you're a loyal fan.....

If you live within 4-5 hours of the stadium, you have no excuse for not showing on opening day IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I thought following the team all offseason, visiting message boards, reading the news papers, and generally showing interest in the team every single day would make me a loyal fan. But according to you the only loyal fans are the ones with the money to spend on tickets.

The reason we have such apathetic fans is that we are a community of transplants. Nobody moves to Green Bay, so all their fans have grown up with the team for generations. Very few South Florida residents grew up here and have had Dolphins fan-atacism drummed into them from their parents who lived here their whole lives. Usually residents adopt the fins as a second team to the team from their original home (Philly, NY, etc.). Also, we have a lot of international transplants, from places where American football is just not as popular. It takes awhile for the local team to become "your" team, especially if they're struggling. I moved to Fl. as a kid, so I've been a Fin fan my whole life, but I'm the first generation of my family to root for the Dolphins and not Da Bears. (If I have to hear about the "Monsters of the Midway" one more time I'm gonna puke). But my kids are already being indoctrinated, so the next generation is safe!

zodiak said:
As for Direct TV unless you have a "hot box" or illegally subscibed to NFL Ticket "yes"
the blackout applies, Sports Bars under NFL local Blackout Rule are "NOT" permitted to show the game either.

This again is something that really erks me about the NFL and its Anti-Trust exemption
they can sell their exclusive satellite rights to direct tv then still force the blackout rule on people that pay for the right to view their games.
Yes, but if you find a "good" one, they will show it still. :D However, if you are going to spend the $ to go drink all day at a sportsbar, you darn near spending the same $ if you go...

wpgfishfan said:
I know we all love this site, but I have been to Buffalo,Minny and Miami and Miami was the quietest stadium by far. The fans on Miami do not seem to be as passionate as other teams have

It was never that way when they played in the Orange Bowl...Although I have never been to either stadium I noticed it right away from watching it on TV...The Orange Bowl was rockin back in the day....I don't think it's the fans as much as the acoustics of the venue.

msg said:
I thought following the team all offseason, visiting message boards, reading the news papers, and generally showing interest in the team every single day would make me a loyal fan. But according to you the only loyal fans are the ones with the money to spend on tickets.

You're just a tourist as far as I'm concerned....

PHINZ RULE!!!

if it was a dome...would more people go? AC?

BLITZKRIEG said:
You're just a tourist as far as I'm concerned....

PHINZ RULE!!!

And you're just a self-righteous idiot who thinks the only fans are those who have enough money to attend the games.

Phin-o-rama said:
if it was a dome...would more people go? AC?

I would certainly be more inclined. The sun out there is just brutal.

ScrepsMJ said:
I think in the future, attendance will be down for every sports team. With all the new features pouring out with television, HD, Tivo, etc. People will start prefering to stay home instead of dealing with all the BS on game day, traffic, time, money, weather, etc.

Which is why before long all NFL games will be pay per view in my opinion...Maybe in 10 years but it will happen....And if it were about 10 bucks to watch the Dolphins...I would gladly do that...My fear is that the prices would be out the roof just like Wrestling and Boxing pay per view is.

msg said:
I would certainly be more inclined. The sun out there is just brutal.

AWWW.....Afraid of alittle heat???...

Fans like you make me sick. You may be a fan, but a pathetic excuse for one...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom