Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

Fran2fin said:
Excuse me, but we have two more tropical storms hovering off the coast of Floida right now.....This is a scary thing for those who haven't been thru it.

2??? What news are you watching. And Ophelia is so far away from South Florida, it is affecting north Florida and the Georgia coast. THere is nothing affecting south Florida. Miami fans deserve not to be able to watch this team if they are not willing to go to the games.

i would rather drive to Port Charlotte or futher north than drive down to disgusting miami to watch a game. not to mention the 50 plus dollars for the tickets and the real possiblity of a classic florida rain storm.

I dont think cape coral will be affected by the blackout...anyone know for sure?

games are broadcasted by the naples/ft myers stations and i was affected by the hurricane garbage last year. also, i'm actually at florida gulf coast university now which is close to the ft myers/naples border.

Dolphreak said:
I'll tell ya... A$$hole little punks that get paid WAY to much to play a game, drive ticket prices through the roof!! I have a wife and daughter that I have provide for, and it's not so easy for me to pay those prices to see my favorite team. Plus it is a freaking Sauna at the stadium for 1:00 games, plus any seat I could get would be so far away from the action the players would look like ants!!

I would rather be at home in A/C, with a 12 pack of Corona, in the front row seat that is my couch. If they want to play the blackout game I can just be a Canes fan, and Fins can kiss my a$$!!

See it's fans like you that do not deserve to watch a game on TV.

If your hurting so bad to provide for your family then why the heck are you downing a 12 pack of Corona in four hours time? You could have purchased a 4 pack of chicken breasts, and some rice and peas with that money!!!!

It also sounds like you need to move to a northern state. Miami is what it is. It's HOT, and living here, you should be used to it!

capecoralfinfan said:
games are broadcasted by the naples/ft myers stations and i was affected by the hurricane garbage last year. also, i'm actually at florida gulf coast university now which is close to the ft myers/naples border.

yeah i lived in nfortmyers last year i remmeber that garbage (i actually went to that game during the hurricane)

im in cape coral now....no way i can make the game so im hoping winktv would still broadcast

finfan54 said:
If I lived in Miami, even on unemployment and going to school full time, I would find a way to make it to a game or two. I am a fanatic of the Miami Dolphins. It is my entertainment. The fact that the stadium is a sauna is more reason for me to get up off my *** and work off a few pounds while I enjoy my entertainment since that is part of the entertainment. In the words of NIck Saban, I dont want to hear any damn excuses!!!!

Right on right on right on........

This is the type of fan that I feel bad for when a game is blacked out. One that finds a way, even if he's flat broke, to attend one, or two games is huge if 20,000 others do the same, that's good for a few sellouts a year.

OrangeCrush said:
Dolphin fans are pathetic...I remember one of their playoff games being blacked-out like 5 years ago.

I'll tell ya why it's tough to fill the Stadium.... Miami is one of the most culturally diverse cities on Earth, and there is a TON of stuff to do here. Plus it is very HOT this time of year. Therein lies the problem...

Most of Miami-Dade county is Latin. The Latin's I know, only follow Baseball, as Baseball is huge in Latin countries, Football is Soccer, and many don't bother to understand NFL football and frankly can't figure out what we love about it. So, most of the people going to the game on Sunday, are driving from Fort Lauderdale area (Broward County), or they drive down from Palm Beach County, which is a VERY long drive.

The fact that it is so hot makes it difficult for anyone to want to be inside a stadium in the baking sun, where there is very little air circulation and 75,000 98.6 degree cheering heaters around them on a Sunday afternoon, when they could be catching a beach breeze beach, sipping Rumrunners, while pretending not to see every thong within 300 yards, or in an air conditioned mall, movie theater, etc. (insert your interest here, and times it by 5 simply because you're in MIAMI) and you get the point.

Now, compared to other NFL cities, where everybody LIVES for football. People here simply don't, or should I say, not enough to go spend half a week's pay to go sweat and not see anything. Sure Green Bay has sold out every game for many many years, reason being, there is NOTHING ELSE TO DO THERE! Come to think of it, I would much rather live in Miami and have a blacked out Dolphins game once in a while, than be anywhere else in the world!!

Ozzy said:
And of course drinking 12 Coronas on game day!! Please.....

Get off your high horse bud, theres a big different between spending $100 to goto the game and spending $10 to watch it at home.

Ozzy said:
And of course drinking 12 Coronas on game day!! Please.....

I'm in my family... I eat Corona on Sunday!! :D

BTW, Thanks MSG... My thoughts to a "T"

Syra39 said:
When we fly down to catch a game, I always notice alot of empty seats in the lower levels ( Season ticket seats ) why is that ?

Check the bars on the ramps, and the ones in the club section.

Im sick of these "if I lived in Miami" blah blah blah.. If you are going to sit here and chastise So Floridians who cant make it to the game, why dont you all put your money where your mouth is and buy a damn plane ticket down here to watch the game?

Its easy to say "If".. I give no creedence to all you "if"ers out there. :rolleyes:

I watch all games at a sportsbar down the road from me.....dont have to worry about blackouts, the weather, etc., and I can see what is happening way better than at the stadium. I still drive up the road to Invesco Field at Mile High when the Fins come to town, but I like being able to see every NFL game at the sportsbar. It is a shame Miami cant sell out a season opener but I might be watching the chickies on South Beach over a game if I lived in Miami......well not on Sunday, but definitely on Saturdays. :D

Back
Top Bottom