Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Eric Mangini accepts Jets job | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Eric Mangini accepts Jets job

Phinz4Life said:
Just another coach that we get to hand two losses to every year. :D

Uhuh.

You are just dominating the AFC East in the last 4 years. That is why the Dolphins have won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Oh wait, that is the Pats.

The Dolphins havn't been to the playoffs in five years.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Uhuh.

You are just dominating the AFC East in the last 4 years. That is why the Dolphins have won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Oh wait, that is the Pats.

The Dolphins havn't been to the playoffs in five years.

BZ

:sidelol:

True, but there is no doubt Miami is on the road back. Once Saban replaces the old with the new (players), they will be very damn good. No matter what, the Dolphins always play hard.

Mangini has yet to show that he can handle all duties like Saban & Belichick. Until he does (and I don't doubt he can) he could be Greg Williams part II.

WestCoastPhins said:
BB is a parcells follower, thats where BB got all his knowlege

Wow, if you really think Belichick learned everything from Parcells, you really are not familiar with his football pedigree. While that was a part of his experienc, it was hardly all.

Though you'd vomit, I suggest reading This Book for better insight.

I think the Jets made a good move with him. He needs to get goos Assit, and not let Bradway do it for him.

Dirtywater said:
:sidelol:

True, but there is no doubt Miami is on the road back. Once Saban replaces the old with the new (players), they will be very damn good. No matter what, the Dolphins always play hard.

Mangini has yet to show that he can handle all duties like Saban & Belichick. Until he does (and I don't doubt he can) he could be Greg Williams part II.

No doubt that Saban is building a good thing, but until he wins in the playoffs, it is all for nothing.

I am not saying Mangini is the savor, just a nice fresh start. He could turn out to be a pile of puke, but for now, it is all good.

BZ

nyjunc said:
who were we going to hire? Sherman, fassell, tice or haslett? this was a very thin HC pool and I am glad the FO looked beyond this year in hiring Mangini. I don't know if he'll be great or nto but I know the retreads aren't good so am very happy w/ the hire. He might be a year early but better a year early than late and not getting him.

If you are willing to be patient, then it is a good hire. But I just can't see that happening in a mega market like New York. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread you still haven't canned Bradway, and in order to be successful in this age, you need the Coach to be the GM, especially with these Belichick disciples.. IMHO.

FaninPatsyLand said:
If you are willing to be patient, then it is a good hire. But I just can't see that happening in a mega market like New York. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread you still haven't canned Bradway, and in order to be successful in this age, you need the Coach to be the GM, especially with these Belichick disciples.. IMHO.

How many Coach/Gms have been successful? not many, BB has been obviously but it has talen Shanahan 7 years to win a playoff game and Holmgren hadn't won one in 7 years and they stripped his GM duties and now he has a big year. TB is a good GM and will provide mangini w/ good players.

I watched parts of Mangini's press conference yesterday, and I was not impressed at all...........it's like he was trying to talk himself up for a job which he already got. He read his whole speach from cue cards, word for word and did not appear to have any confidence. He looked border-line FRIGHTENED to be in that situation.

The one thought I had in watching that was that I hope the Jets go after T.O. now......it would be one of the funniest things ever to watch what an world-class @-hole like T.O. would do to that scared little man. :)

TO is not coming to the Jets.

Not today.

Not tomorrow.

Not ever.

TO is a move for a desperate team needing a boost, not a young team needing a rebuild.

TO = Falcons

BZ

BwanaZulia said:

Not today.

Not tomorrow.

Not ever.

TO is a move for a desperate team needing a boost, not a young team needing a rebuild.

TO = Falcons

BZ

I couldn't agree more. I can see that exact scenario playing out. T.O. in Atlanta. :sidelol: Imagine what he'll say about Vick after 3 or so games. :lol:

Did'nt this guy start out wanting to be in rugby or something like that? I just dont know man, there is something about this cat that just does not seem to make me think that he is going to amount to anything. I think the idea of getting everyone from BB might have gone to far this time.

BwanaZulia said:

Not today.

Not tomorrow.

Not ever.

TO = Falcons

BZ

I'm not saying that he ever was really going there.....but the Jets have been one of the 4 or so (Jets, Dallas, Dever, Miami) teams that have been MOST linked to T.O. by media and fans.....so it just crossed my mind.

BTW - isn't it funny how the Jets went from Super Bowl contenders to a rebuilding team in only 4 months. I recall that we had some discussions in August and you were VERY high on them, as were most nationally.....now they need to completely rebuild?? Only in the NFL!! :lol:

EDIT: Also, I don't see T.O. going to the Falcons. Arthur Blank (Falcons' owner) was very vocal in backing the Philadelphia Eagles during that whole saga.....I don't see him doing that and then going out and signing him.

burger13 said:
I'm not saying that he ever was really going there.....but the Jets have been one of the 4 or so (Jets, Dallas, Dever, Miami) teams that have been MOST linked to T.O. by media and fans.....so it just crossed my mind.

BTW - isn't it funny how the Jets went from Super Bowl contenders to a rebuilding team in only 4 months. I recall that we had some discussions in August and you were VERY high on them, as were most nationally.....now they need to completely rebuild?? Only in the NFL!! :lol:

EDIT: Also, I don't see T.O. going to the Falcons. Arthur Blank (Falcons' owner) was very vocal in backing the Philadelphia Eagles during that whole saga.....I don't see him doing that and then going out and signing him.

The Jets are only in a rebuild because we have a new coach and will probably have a bunch of new players.

New HC + OC + DC + retiring players + losing season + injured players = rebuild

Of course, in the new NFL a rebuild can just be one season, so I wouldn't expect the Jets to go into too much of a tailspin.

BZ

nyjunc said:
How many Coach/Gms have been successful? not many, BB has been obviously but it has talen Shanahan 7 years to win a playoff game and Holmgren hadn't won one in 7 years and they stripped his GM duties and now he has a big year. TB is a good GM and will provide mangini w/ good players.

Notice how I mentioned that specifically Belichick disciples need to be the GM and Coach. These guys run extremely complex schemes and have a specific way of evaluating players whom they feel will adapt well in relation to what they are trying to do on the football field. Again though, this is just my opinion from what I have seen and heard about Belichick and Saban. Mangini comes right from that line of coaching and I'm assuming he's not much different.

I don't think Belichick or Saban would be successful if someone else was acquiring the talent.

Back
Top Bottom