Merged: CALVIN JOHNSON | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CALVIN JOHNSON

Majpain said:
fastest mile doesnt mean anything.

I know I was making as ignorant a question as was the statement that Ginn is the fastest WR in the country.

VanDolPhan said:
If were picking #1 and Johnson keeps it up then I say hold a team ransom for him. Get a 1st next year, a 2nd this year and another later pick. Drop down to around 3-5 in a trade. Pick up a LT to anchor the line for the next 10 years. With having 2 2nd rounders you then have the ability to pick up an interior linemen and if you still have a jones'ing for a WR you can pick one up there. Or you could pick up a solid LB prospect to replace Spragan. Then of course you got the fantastic option of having 2 #1's the following year.

I seriously doubt any team is willing to give up that much to move up 2-4 spots.

UF Fin Kat said:
jeez, talk about splitting hairs. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, sometimes I forget. If you knew me personally(or if I did it more often on here), you wouldn't give me saying such a thing a second thought. That's just the way I am about things a lot of times.

Crowder52 said:
I seriously doubt any team is willing to give up that much to move up 2-4 spots.

San Diego/New York in the QB trade of 2004 they made. Despite Eli moaning that he didn't want to play in San Diego they still got:

4th overall pick (Philip Rivers)
3rd round pick: No. 65 overall
First and fifth-round picks in the 2005 draft.

Factor in that you'll have Oakland and Washington with high draft pick options and were going to see some draft day drama.

Pipe dreaming anyways. There are currently 6 teams with 1 win so chances are Miami will pick around the 3-5 spot.

CJ has a 45 inch vert!!! Runs a 4.4 has the best hands in college football. We cant pass on him.

VanDolPhan said:
San Diego/New York in the QB trade of 2004 they made. Despite Eli moaning that he didn't want to play in San Diego they still got:

4th overall pick (Philip Rivers)
3rd round pick: No. 65 overall
First and fifth-round picks in the 2005 draft.

Factor in that you'll have Oakland and Washington with high draft pick options and were going to see some draft day drama.

Pipe dreaming anyways. There are currently 6 teams with 1 win so chances are Miami will pick around the 3-5 spot.

That would be sweet but I'm pretty sure these types of deals only happen for franchise-type QBs, not WRs. Maybe Quinn finishes strong and we can trade out with someone who wants him...

Johnson will be great on this team. We need someone to stretch the field.

Calvin Johnson

[mod] Post in the correct forum. [/mod]

Since it seems obvious that Book won't be back next year, I think we should go after CJ if he's available. Despite not showing a lot this year, CC will be back but we don't have a lot a depth at WR. I know we have a lot of holes to fill but what a spectacular kid CJ is. I don't see us passing on him. Your opinion?

We passed on Randy Moss, so why not Johnson? I don't think it's a lock that we pick him up if he's on the board. And if we do pick him up, with our luck, we'll have the next Yatil Green. I still think we need to go OL or QB with our 1st rounder.

I think we should trade down and get an additional pick (a later first rounder and 2nd rounder for our first). We need help at more than one position so we need to stock up on draft picks.

Johnnie Higgins Jr is the fastest WR in the nation not Ted Ginn Jr! he's a track star who is a good Sr WR for UTEP. he runs a 4.18 and BTW he will be a 1st rounder in 2007

Back
Top Bottom