Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

backup QB's are huge

Earl Morral?

if backup QB wasn't important, then Schaub would be a Dolphin right now

1 game could be the difference between winning the division or not or maybe even between making the playoffs or not. Also there is no guarantee that Culpepper can stay healthy and play every game when he does come back. He had a very bad injury and nothing is certain. Backup QB is VERY important and that is why Saban is treating it that way.

couldnt disagree with you more. its been proven that you need 2 QB to win in this league. Not two starters but your backup needs to be able to step in for a couple games and win. We still need to have a QB that can win 2-3 games and Berlin and Lemon cant do that. They are #3's on the depth charts this point in there career. We need a good backup QB, and being in the hole 0-3 is not a good way to start ur season at all! Most teams dont make the playoffs when the start 0-3.

I've heard many conflicting reports as to when Culpepper will be able to start. I've heard October, November, or even December. 2-3 games or 2-3 months. Either way its still alot of momentum to give up when it appears the starting qb may not be ready to start at the beggining of the season.

My only concern with Harrington is not if he does poorly, but what if he does really well? Then there may be another QB contraversey in Miami.....

postermaster said:
I've got your point, but I just don't want to give my round picks for a backup QB that could also mean no LaVar signing for the Dolphins because of the salary cap...
This signing will not affect getting Lavar at all. In this day and age it is very easy to be creative in contracts and work around the cap by the language in the contract.

It takes 10 wins to get to the playoffs if you're lucky. It takes 11 to be a lock. 11 wins plus these 3 losses you're giving away equals 14. That gives Miami just 2 games for a margin of error. What if Pepper isn't ready until game 7? Kiss our playoffs goodbye. If Harrington can change that and his cost is $2 million plus a 7th rounder, that's money and a pick well spent.

I disagree. We may have never won the SB and had the perfect season without Earl Morrall our backup QB. Most great teams have a guy who can step in and get the job done.....2,3, 4 games could be the difference between us making the playoffs and not. Hopefully DC will be ready to for the opener and not miss many games but we still need a quality backup.

One of the dumbest posts ever... If god for bid the first time PEP steps on the field and his knee swells or worse and has to sit 6-8 weeks we'll see how important a good backup QB is....

I am just really lost about all this Harrington stuff. Who exactly would you want(someone that we could get) to be the backup QB?. People can scream all they want about Collins but he is not coming here, he wants to start and will probably end up in Baltimore. You want Maddox??. He scares the heck out of me. My brother is a huge Steeler fan and he swore he would put a bullet in his head if he ever had to watch him QB again. So who else?..Lemon..Berlin? I know its been said alot but Harrington is the best option of what is left.

Marino2234 said:
couldnt disagree with you more. its been proven that you need 2 QB to win in this league. Not two starters but your backup needs to be able to step in for a couple games and win. We still need to have a QB that can win 2-3 games and Berlin and Lemon cant do that. They are #3's on the depth charts this point in there career. We need a good backup QB, and being in the hole 0-3 is not a good way to start ur season at all! Most teams dont make the playoffs when the start 0-3.

I see, but Daunte is not guaranteed that he is going to miss those 2 or 3 games, he could play for the entire season and with Berlin or Lemon with a great defense I think that Saban could improve just running all the game just 15 - 20 passes attempts that either Berlin or Lemon could improve or even drafting a new guy from college, I mean in the worst of the cases that Daunte cant start we can improve with those QB's for just 2 or 3 games for signing LaVar, worth it, ain't it? and again in the worst of the cases lose those 2 or 3 games and then boost all the way up with Daunte.

It may sound stupid but I have a point that I want to share...

hmm, the day is coming to an end, and nothing happend. I wonder if that is a bad sign, or if something may get done tomorrow? People who live in Miami, please watch the news tonight and give us an update. :)

let the Lavar thing go, we can get a nice LB in the 3rd or 4th

I would rather have Harrington and a young LB, than Tony Banks and paying too much for Lavar

super_slash said:
backup QB's are huge

Earl Morral?

if backup QB wasn't important, then Schaub would be a Dolphin right now

I didn't say it wasn't important I just said that there are other more important spots to fill than QB such as secondary or O-line hat we aren't talking much about it because everyone is talking about who might be our "backup QB"...

postermaster said:
Since Marino left, our priority has been to seek a great talented QB for a STARTER, now that we've got Daunte as a starter, we're looking for a backup QB to be his substitute for 2 or 3 games, who cares for those 2 or 3 games with a bad substitute, we dont have to give a lot of importance to it, its not an entire season and its just a possibility that he could miss 2 or 3 games, I mean who cares Brock Berlin, Cleo Lemon or even Nick Saban could play those games and in the worst of the cases that we lost 3, we could get to playoffs later with Daunte playing...

So what I mean, is not to give such importance as we're giving to it, there are other positions to improve than QB...

Fiedler, Frerotte, Rosenfels even A.J. Feleey could have played an entire season as STARTING QB's and now that our backup (Harrington, Collins or Maddox) might be better than all those "starters" we are worrying about it...
:shakeno: yeah ur right we should start cleo if culpepper cant make it:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom