MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan.

I really hope we don't trade picks for a player Unless it's used to trade up in the draft. Usually they are getting traded for a reason, and they're going to need a contract restructure. I think we need to keep on drafting players. I just don't like the idea of trading picks, then having to give boat loads of money. Marshall taught us it really doesn't work out too well.

Just my opinion. I'll likely get flamed, but I just don't see any receiver that's worth 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Teams just don't deal legit stars everyday.

I made a nice long post breaking down the points of what Ross said and asked people to answer a simple question of what did Ross say that was so wrong? Or how any of us think any different. Sadly it seems to have disappeared when the threads got merged.

If you are playing poker with 31 BILLIONAIRES would you broadcast to all of them exactly what you are going to do with every chip and card?

That is a sure way to lose, isn't it?

Especially when you are already paying millions to profesionals to make those decisions. You can be sure that no GM in the NFL would be broadcasting what they want to do if they want to succeed.

If you are playing poker with 31 BILLIONAIRES would you broadcast to all of them exactly what you are going to do with every chip and card?

Especially when you are already paying millions to profesionals to make those decisions. You can be sure that no GM in the NFL would be broadcasting what they want to do if they want to succeed.

He was talking to team employees, not broadcasting it on ESPN or NFL Network. The problem isn't what he said, it is that the people he is paying to do their jobs is blabbing to the press.

Honestly, I'd rather draft one. Go snag woods, maybe he'll eliminate the USC curse.

To much is being made out of the word getting out. It's not hard for a fan with average knowledge to see the weaknesses of the team and whats available in FA and the draft. I am inclined to think that Jennings would be a target but I doubt if he leaves the Packers. The draft is most likely where they acquire the future. Doesn't mean they won't sign a mid tier guy but that goes against how Philbin builds a team.

Ross' number one priority should be to let his football staff figure out what the number 1 priority is. Just go get 1-2 good WR's that have good speed and care about running good routes on every play.
And most importantly, aren't diva a-holes and get along with their teammates. Is that too much to ask?

Honestly, I'd rather draft one. Go snag woods, maybe he'll eliminate the USC curse.
Pass...Not sure how a receiver in college, in that pass happy offense, can average less than 9 yards a catch and be expected to be an impact player at the NFL level.

You can take this as both a good, and bad thing. I'd say it's more on the bad side if the dude signs countless players while 5% of them turn out.

CURRENTLY in the NFL meaning they've obviously turned out to be on an NFL roster somewhere, stop with the hate jesus

That article makes Ross sound like a real Richard. Sounds like he is dissing the two solid receivers the dolphins already have.
a

Thats just people looking to hate on Ross. Everyone knows we don't have a true number 1, that's not a slight on Hartline or Bess. The guy owns the team, he is allowed an opinion- especially when he is talking to his own employees rather than the media.

Pass...Not sure how a receiver in college, in that pass happy offense, can average less than 9 yards a catch and be expected to be an impact player at the NFL level.

Things about this kid's game reak of college production not translating to big time playmaker in the pros. Give me justin hunter all day

He was talking privately with team employees not to the whole world. Smdh

Back
Top Bottom