Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

Mr. Reality said:
Joey Harrington is the most popular 0-2 QB with a 63.5 passer rating I've ever seen.
not all his fault....drop balls and miss field goals slopping defense that...does damage too

Mr. Reality said:
Joey Harrington is the most popular 0-2 QB with a 63.5 passer rating I've ever seen.

just think how popular he'll be when he's 1-2 witha 73 rating. oh wait mularkey is drawing up another half back option fake pass reverse to chambers

Mr. Reality said:

Without a doubt.

Mr. Reality said:

LOL, Speaks highly of Daunte Culpeppers efforts doesn't it, we are all rallying around Joey to be our saviour. I'm game because it's our only chance at this point so... GO JOEY!!! :lol:

Mr. Reality said:

:lol: Yeah man people used to complain about Fiedler when we were winning and he had around an 80 QB rating.

Joey comes in with a 64 QB rating, less than 10 yards a completion. If all Culpepper did was dumpoff then how did he average a yard per attempt more than Harrington? and people swear he's the QB of the future.

I just don't see it.

My opinion on this is that I don't agree with either side of the argument. The Culpepper only fans and the Harrington only fans have me puzzled.

IMO this QB position is completely up for grabs talking about next year. Neither QB has shown greatness and neither should be penciled in as our definite QB of the future.

Culpepper has a lot to prove to show he can be an effective QB again and Harrington has to prove he can step it up a notch. Harrington has an advantage at this point since he's starting but he's got to show he's capable of being more than he was in Detroit.

I don't feel either one should be deemed our QB of the future at this point. I also don't give a rats arse which one of the QB's steps up either. I just hope at least one of them shows they can be a top, consistent starter.

I'm loyal to this team not to Culpepper or Harrington.

Mr. Reality said:

which is a perfect example of how overrated stats are. Dropped balls, INT's that weren't his fault all plays into that.

finfan1966 said:
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!

I agree that he has done a very good job, but I am not completely sold on him yet. He threw way too many picks in Detroit and he's continuing that trend here. If he can learn to avoid the costly picks, he'll be a very good QB.

GO PHINS~!

Rocky Raccoon said:
which is a perfect example of how overrated stats are. Dropped balls, INT's that weren't his fault all plays into that.
I love how none of Harrington's mistakes were his fault. Seemed like Daunte suffered from alot of mistakes by others but the Harrington guys gave him no such benefit of the doubt.

dolfan91 said:
based on the desicion making process alone... joey seems to be better than daunte at the moment ... at least joey isn't holding onto the ball resulting in un-timely sacks or fumbles!!! i have to say... while c-pep was under center there were times he threw the ball so short of the receiver that it skip the ground... and that was on flare patterns just outside the tackle... also the dump off passes while sucessful, just weren't getting it done... the offense was in a stalemate with daunte under center.. i will say this in daunte's defense he didn't get the protection joey is getting now.... so far harrington has shown the ability to move the team down the field...but unfortunately there have been fumbles, dropped passes and interceptions that have caused the offense to look bad... at least when joey steps back.. i feel more comfortable he won't just stay there like culpepper did TRYING to read a defense... i truely feel that joey and the offensive problems are directly attributed to the offensive coordinator and the mistakes by the skill position players... i'm not saying that joey is any better than culpepper in terms of skills.. but for right now and possibly the future harrington seems to be a better fit for the offense... i would love for daunte' to return to form... but that is a BIG question right now... i like what i see from harrington so far and think he should be given the chance to show more... at least he's healthy and has a better feel for the desicions that have to be made while under center...

I liked most of what you said, but the protection is better for Joey? The OL is the same, Joey's just moving around better and getting rid of the ball quicker.

Phanatical said:
I liked most of what you said, but the protection is better for Joey? The OL is the same, Joey's just moving around better and getting rid of the ball quicker.

The OL showed real improvement especially in the last game. Just look at Ronnies numbers.

Phanatical said:
I agree that he has done a very good job, but I am not completely sold on him yet. He threw way too many picks in Detroit and he's continuing that trend here. If he can learn to avoid the costly picks, he'll be a very good QB.
You DO know that Daunte throws more picks than Joey - right? Let's take a look at these stats because I'm tired of hearing the baloney about JH throwing INT's. For 2005/ 06 he's thrown 1.14 PPG (pick per game) compared to Daunte's 1.36 PPG - That is over 14 games for Joey and 11 for Daunte. Gets more interesting when you factor in Fumbles:

Code:
*** TURNOVERS PER GAME 2005-06 ***

Games  INT  FUM    TPG
            -----  ---  ---   ----
Culpepper      11   15    8   2.09

Harrington     14   16    7   1.64
----------------------------------
DIFFERENCE ................   0.45
That's 27% more Turnovers Per Game from Daunte compared to Joey. Of course if we go back a few years further I think C-Pepp set some kind of record for fumbles so it's not even debatable. Sure you guys can split hairs about Committed VS Lost, and which INTs were the QB's fault or not. But fer cryin out loud see the Big Picture. Now can we please STOP this nonsense about Harrington's INTs??

Game by Game people ... the Packers is not a gimme. Nobody is taking this team lightly and I agree it may take awhile before some are sold on Joey as QB here. By season end I am confident he'll be a popular guy around Miami. :cooldude:

img9740728-1.jpg

DoggPhin said:
You DO know that Daunte throws more picks than Joey - right? Let's take a look at these stats because I'm tired of hearing the baloney about JH throwing INT's. For 2005/ 06 he's thrown 1.14 PPG (pick per game) compared to Daunte's 1.36 PPG - That is over 14 games for Joey and 11 for Daunte. Gets more interesting when you factor in Fumbles:

Code:
*** TURNOVERS PER GAME 2005-06 ***

Games  INT  FUM    TPG
            -----  ---  ---   ----
Culpepper      11   15    8   2.09

Harrington     14   16    7   1.64
----------------------------------
DIFFERENCE ................   0.45
That's 27% more Turnovers Per Game from Daunte compared to Joey. Of course if we go back a few years further I think C-Pepp set some kind of record for fumbles so it's not even debatable. Sure you guys can split hairs about Committed VS Lost, and which INTs were the QB's fault or not. But fer cryin out loud see the Big Picture. Now can we please STOP this nonsense about Harrington's INTs??

Game by Game people ... the Packers is not a gimme. Nobody is taking this team lightly and I agree it may take awhile before some are sold on Joey as QB here. By season end I am confident he'll be a popular guy around Miami. :cooldude:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/fantasy/football/img9740728.jpg

Just adding some stats:

Career TPG:

Harrington: 66Int 8Fum 57Games -> 1,30 TPG
Culpepper: 89Int 36Fum 84Games -> 1,50 TPG

06 Season TPG:

Harrington: 4Int 0Fum 2Games -> 2 TPG
Culpepper: 3Int 0Fum 4Games -> 1,33 TPG

As you see they are very close. The biggest difference in stats between those two is Touchdowns per Game and Yards per Game:

Harrington: 61 TDpassing 0 TDrushing -> 1,1 TDPG 194 TotalYPG
Culpepper: 137 TDpassing 30 TDrushing -> 2 TDPG 281 TotalYPG

Eliot said:
Just adding some stats:

Career TPG:
NO, no no no -- Apples and Oranges my friend. Career stats are two different time periods, # of games, different situations, one guy was thrown to the wolves as a Rookie the other wasn't ... Sure Daunte had an incredible 2004, everyone knows that. Weight of evidence it looks almost certain that his 2004 was a statistical FLUKE. Ever heard of "Regression To The Mean" ??

Hey - it's hard enough comparing 2 players on different TEAMS, who are under different Systems, supporting casts, and opponents. That's why QB Ratings suck, just a convenient little number for the fantasy kiddies to chew on. Ever wonder why you don't hear pro QB's like Marino, Boomer, Simms, Aikman, analyzing games talk about QB Ratings? Because that stuff is mostly for fantasy kids.

The BEST we can do - is try find an EQUAL basis of comparison. I just started with an equal Time Period - last year and this year. Recent history. Both QB's had their problems last year... You want to go 5 years back, like I said - more Apples in the Orange Bowl :)

Back
Top Bottom