Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

csabe said:
We had 3 freakin points with the running game going well and the defense playing 2 and a half decent quarters. It's so freaking frustrating watching us rally at the end every game. Why can't we play with any urgency the first 3 quarters. So sick of having to watch this crap. Yeah Joey played better but with the way we ran the ball we should have been able to get in to the endzone.
well defense made some mistakes and so did chambers. our drives are ending in fumbles and picks. we give the other team pts. they never earn it.

csabe said:
We had 3 freakin points with the running game going well and the defense playing 2 and a half decent quarters. It's so freaking frustrating watching us rally at the end every game. Why can't we play with any urgency the first 3 quarters. So sick of having to watch this crap. Yeah Joey played better but with the way we ran the ball we should have been able to get in to the endzone.

I agree. The playcalling was horrendous. It was beyond horrendous. Mularkey has to go. We couldve scored 28 points on that defense easy with a semi competant offensive coordinator even with the drops

I'm really not partial to JH or DC. I'm partial to winning. I like what I saw from Joey late in the Jets game and early on in the Pats game but he needs to put together a full game before I jump on his bandwagon. The only knocks I have on Harrington at this point is he doesn't ever go down the field and sometimes he gets rid of the ball too quickly and doesn't let things develop. I guess those 2 go hand in hand. Is is however very accurate in the short to medium passing range and throws darts. We need our WR's to become more reliable as well, we still drop too many passes.

csabe said:
Daunte in theory is the more mobile QB when healthy so he should be better with the worse o-line.

Well if he comes back 100% with full mobility, that doctor should have lifetime Dolphin sideline passes

Mr. Reality said:
I'm really not partial to JH or DC. I'm partial to winning. I like what I saw from Joey late in the Jets game and early on in the Pats game but he needs to put together a full game before I jump on his bandwagon. The only knocks I have on Harrington at this point is he doesn't ever go down the field and sometimes he gets rid of the ball too quickly and doesn't let things develop. I guess those 2 go hand in hand. Is is however very accurate in the short to medium passing range and throws darts. We need our WR's to become more reliable as well, we still drop too many passes.

I'll tell you one thing that bothered me about yesterday's game is that against that soft secondary our receivers werent getting enough seperation on the deeper routes. We need to draft a difference maker receiver or get one through free agency. Someone has to pair up with Chambers

adamprez2003 said:
I'll tell you one thing that bothered me about yesterday's game is that against that soft secondary our receivers werent getting enough seperation on the deeper routes. We need to draft a difference maker receiver or get one through free agency. Someone has to pair up with Chambers

I really believe Chambers is the guy who needs to be called out. If he's a pro bowl WR he needs to start playing like one. Coles was lighting it up yesterday yet our QB could only find a rookie WR or a TE when it counted.

Mr. Reality said:
I really believe Chambers is the guy who needs to be called out. If he's a pro bowl WR he needs to start playing like one. Coles was lighting it up yesterday yet our QB could only find a rookie WR or a TE when it counted.

And Welker. Everyone but Chambers

I believe I was the originator of the Joey is our Guy brand of thinking. I've been saying this since around the time A YEAR AGO. I see a lot of positive things in him, things that in the right system, he could really succeed. I believe that this team is completely comfortable with him, and that they are really clicking with him. I am completely fine saying that he should be THE QB in Miami for years to come. He wasn't drafted #3 for no reason. He wasn't a Heisman finalist for no reason. And he isn't producing better in this offense than Daunte did for no reason. It's because he is virtually the perfect fit for this team. I just hope the people that make this decision realize that before it's too late.

adamprez2003 said:
In the first half he had two bad passes and one was an incomplete. Two bad plays in the first half. If you can name three go ahead, I guarantee you you wont be able to. If we get that kind of production from our QB and the rest of the offense steps up and the playcalling approaches competance then QB will be the least of our concerns
Two really bad passes and one more that was dangerous and probably should not have been thrown. I think Harrington joined the rest of the team in being not as sharp as he needed to be in that half and he definitely contributed his share to their lack of production. I've watched nearly all the games he's played as a pro and normally he doesn't make that many mistakes in a half. No one was terrible in the first half but too many people just slightly underachieving can also lead to lack of success.

Many NFL teams these days run a no-huddle offense. Harrington always looks good in the no huddle--whether or not the other team is playing a prevent defense. I think Saban should give some serious consideration to running at least some no-huddle series in the first half.

rainmaker1313 said:
I think Saban has already sat in his office at 2am by himeself saying WOW, what have I done and how to I tell Daunte he is being released next year???

Damn that has to be the funniest thing I have read on this site so far. You know what though - its probably the truth too! (haha) I just hope that Saban doesn't have to much pride to think he made a mistake. He needs to lock up Joey for long term and get rid of Daunte.

footballphin said:
Two really bad passes and one more that was dangerous and probably should not have been thrown. I think Harrington joined the rest of the team in being not as sharp as he needed to be in that half and he definitely contributed his share to their lack of production. I've watched nearly all the games he's played as a pro and normally he doesn't make that many mistakes in a half. No one was terrible in the first half but too many people just slightly underachieving can also lead to lack of success.

Many NFL teams these days run a no-huddle offense. Harrington always looks good in the no huddle--whether or not the other team is playing a prevent defense. I think Saban should give some serious consideration to running at least some no-huddle series in the first half.

The sideline pass to Welker was dangerous. The interception was ridiculous. What was the other pass? I'm not convinced what we saw of Harrington yesterday is what we're going to see here on out. That was a pathetic defense and I'm going to want to see how he deals with a good defense before I'm sold on him but yesterday seemed like a good performance to me.

got to think chambers is on board.dc is done this is how teammates interact, go home and cry somemore

finfan1966 said:
INow where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Right here. There's also another guy, his name is Nick Saban, you might've heard of him.

Its clear this is Joey's team!

Based on what? Because the coach sure doesn't think so.

Desides said:
Right here. There's also another guy, his name is Nick Saban, you might've heard of him.

Based on what? Because the coach sure doesn't think so.

watch how the players respond to jeoy that will tell you all you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom