Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

finintheburgh said:
watch how the players respond to jeoy that will tell you all you need to know.

I agree. This pictures says alot. It was obvious to me in preseason who the team responded to better. I didn't say a lot about it back then because I wanted to give Culpepper the benefit of the doubt. But it's clear who the team has confidence in. I even wondered how many of the recievers went to Saban and REQUESTED he make the switch.

run-ronnie-run said:
i disagree with you. i think culpepper is lucky. randy moss would catch anything thrown up in the air by pep. he didnt have to be that great. now you put him on a team w/out that, hes garbage. sorry he needs to go. joey all the way

You must not have watched Culpepper play except for in ESPN highlights. Randy didn't even play more than half of his best season.

adamprez2003 said:
I agree. The playcalling was horrendous. It was beyond horrendous. Mularkey has to go. We couldve scored 28 points on that defense easy with a semi competant offensive coordinator even with the drops

Mularky is a major part of the problem. Remember the 3rd and 2 in the first half where lines up Brown and Welker in the backfield on a shotgun and runs a pitch to Brown when the normal runs and passes had been working fine. Just one play but the mistakes are countless.

finfan1966 said:
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!

Hey pal, your thread is one of actually the more intelligent threads I have seen on Finheaven concerning the Harrington/Culpepper so called controversy. I have been a huge Dolphin fan for years but also 49er fan (which is tough, lol) and Denver Bronco fan living in Colorado. Hey, your points are awesome and there is nothing more I need to add to your statement really. I expect a huge offensive explosion for Joey's first actual home game starting at QB. Hey, Joey showed some really great maturity down the stretch in that Jet's game. I wish O'mare could kick longer than 40 yrds. If he cannot, Dolphins should have went for it on 4th down on that down the stretch deal which I did watch. Great Post!!!

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

I think the fact that the players are on the sidelines hugging Joey as opposed to being on the sidelines screaming at thier coaches when Daunte's playing just speaks volumes here. Joey might not be perfect but he's a much better leader he's got all the players supporting him now if he could just get them to quit dropping the ball we might have found a winner :lol:

csabe said:
Daunte in theory is the more mobile QB when healthy so he should be better with the worse o-line.

Not really. More mobile QBs take a lot of sacks. Vick is an example. We need a QB that can read the blitz go through his progressions and get rid of the ball which isn't Daunte.

Saban seems to be jumping on the Joey bandwagon. His comments about Daunte in his PC consisted of only "I haven't even seen the guy yet". When asked about Joey he said he played good, he will continue to get better and they are working with him for the future. He then defended him talking about the dropped passes etc. I was surprised the reporters didn't jump all over the future statement. So who knows what he really meant but he sure did seem awfully big on Joey.

Being that any chance of making the playoffs is pretty much down the drain now, I think that once Culpepper is 100%, that Saban should split the playing time between the two of them. It should be an evaluation process between the two from here on out, to determine which one of them will go into next season as the starter.

If they decide to get rid of one of them next year, let them duel it out for the remainder of the season to see which one is going to get the better job done. Or if they plan on keeping them both, at least by the end of the year they will know which of the two is the better guy for the job.

bluehaze said:
Saban seems to be jumping on the Joey bandwagon. His comments about Daunte in his PC consisted of only "I haven't even seen the guy yet". When asked about Joey he said he played good, he will continue to get better and they are working with him for the future. He then defended him talking about the dropped passes etc. I was surprised the reporters didn't jump all over the future statement. So who knows what he really meant but he sure did seem awfully big on Joey.

Yeah - and that's completely different than the games where Daunte played. :shakeno: Saban standing behind his quarterback at a press conference - what a concept.

steviecg2 said:
Not really. More mobile QBs take a lot of sacks. Vick is an example. We need a QB that can read the blitz go through his progressions and get rid of the ball which isn't Daunte.

With a bad o-line you need a QB who can get away from the rush to make plays in the passing game downfield. Comparing Culpepper to Vick isn't a good example. Daunte can go through his progressions fine when healthy and the man is not close to 100%. When he is healthy it is not even close between the 2.

dolfan stan said:
That's funny, because that was the same SABAN who said Daunte was the future just last week :rolleyes2

Yea thats why I couldn't believe when he started talking about Joey and the future it was contradicting to his previous PC's where he was saying Daunte is still our QB for the future he basically didn't even acknowledge Daunte this time. Maybe i'm reading too much into it, it did seem that way to me though.

dolfan stan said:
joey harrington..:sidelol:

hmmmm .... 2 games 2 loses
and he is healthy :rolleyes2

lock up Joey for the future ? :shakeno:

you bring nothing to any of these conversations...i think you post just to see your name

based on the desicion making process alone... joey seems to be better than daunte at the moment ... at least joey isn't holding onto the ball resulting in un-timely sacks or fumbles!!! i have to say... while c-pep was under center there were times he threw the ball so short of the receiver that it skip the ground... and that was on flare patterns just outside the tackle... also the dump off passes while sucessful, just weren't getting it done... the offense was in a stalemate with daunte under center.. i will say this in daunte's defense he didn't get the protection joey is getting now.... so far harrington has shown the ability to move the team down the field...but unfortunately there have been fumbles, dropped passes and interceptions that have caused the offense to look bad... at least when joey steps back.. i feel more comfortable he won't just stay there like culpepper did TRYING to read a defense... i truely feel that joey and the offensive problems are directly attributed to the offensive coordinator and the mistakes by the skill position players... i'm not saying that joey is any better than culpepper in terms of skills.. but for right now and possibly the future harrington seems to be a better fit for the offense... i would love for daunte' to return to form... but that is a BIG question right now... i like what i see from harrington so far and think he should be given the chance to show more... at least he's healthy and has a better feel for the desicions that have to be made while under center...

Back
Top Bottom