MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

its just a topic. i wonder if the owner ever asked Parcells if he ever went behind a coaches back to get a job while he was still employed by a team but of course character in a vp of a team I guess does not matter lol

Somehow I don't think Philly fans will be chanting "I ****ed yo mama for a dollar" at Parcells... and even if they did, he'd be laughing that he got into their heads. Don't forget your talking about someone who has Neon Deion as his mentor.

They knew the deal on his mom. It wasnt a background check. If you want to see how he reacts to adversity I'm positive there is a more appropriate question that can be asked. Dez has no legal issues so Im sure he isnt a violent person. They had no reason to ask that particular question...you dont insult someones mother, especially someone from a rough upbringing.

The background check was already done....the interview is a follow up to the information from the background check....which is why the question was asked..

If Dez Bryant was insulted by the question, then it doesn't make much sense to broadcast it all over the place...

You think he's the only player who's ever been asked questions like that? Not a chance...

Completely agree and everyone would be going NUTS if it was someone from a rival organization.

exactly. Had it been the Jets or Pats they'd say typical classes jets and rex ryan or class bellicheck.

Now its on us and we say its ok because everyone asks that.
Oh really? Everyone talks **** to coaches, do they ask a coach during hte interview I ****ed your mom to see if the coach will flick off the interviewer?

You take responsibility when it happens not assume this guy might do it 10 years from now.

It's absolutely appropriate for Ireland to ask him this question...especially if it was true...

Not with malicious intent... Hell if that's what she was doing to keep her kids from starving to death then so be it.... it's a legitimate question..

The reaction.. and fact that Dez Bryant chose to run with it like this in another "poor me" episode tells them all they need to know...

I have to take a psych exam every 2 years to keep my nuclear security clearance... I can't tell you how many times I've had to answer questions like "Do you think about having sex with your mother"? You have two choices to answer.....yes or no... And they ask the same questions over and over again....just word it different..

"Do you like flowers"? Yes or no... "Do you like to paint flowers"? Yes or no...

Crazy stuff... it's not the "yes or no" answers that they pay attention to.... it's the COSISTENCY in which you answer them that determines whether you pass or fail....

There is a great level of differnce between your job and responsibility and Dez bryants. Its appropriate to give a person who is in a job that could affect the lives human beings that kind of question. if u think playing football and being a nuke tech are the same level of responsibility u have a very distorted view of the importance of football

1) **** talking is always part of the game and been part of every game.
2) they don't ask cops that, don't insult yourself by making up BS. I have 4 friends that are cops, never were they asked such a question.

I think your "4 friends that are cops" seem to have forgotten the stress testing you have to go through at any police academy. They want to know how you will react with a loaded firearm when a drunk is calling you everything under the sun (including your mama). Agree to disagree at this point. Answer the questions and cash in your chips.

The background check was already done....the interview is a follow up to the information from the background check....which is why the question was asked..

If Dez Bryant was insulted by the question, then it doesn't make much sense to broadcast it all over the place...

You think he's the only player who's ever been asked questions like that? Not a chance...

So now your saying because it happens all the time its ok?

Every black was a slave years ago, did that make it ok? since it happens EVERYWHERE all the TIME? exactly, it was wrong. Hence questions like this are WRONG.

Nobody had to ask you, the Government had guys go through your past and find out from your neighbors and loved ones :up: I also have a clearance and the investigators ask everything.

I think when you give your trust over to another human being or money, you have the right to ask just about anything. I mean you want to know who you are getting in bed with, no pun intended

so u basically think any job should be able to ask you if your mom or any family member was a prositute. every job pays u so they have some level of trust or money invested.

So now your saying because it happens all the time its ok?

Every black was a slave years ago, did that make it ok? since it happens EVERYWHERE all the TIME? exactly, it was wrong. Hence questions like this are WRONG.
Taking this a little too far now aren't we?

There is a great level of differnce between your job and responsibility and Dez bryants. Its appropriate to give a person who is in a job that could affect the lives human beings that kind of question. if u think playing football and being a nuke tech are the same level of responsibility u have a very distorted view of the importance of football

exactly. If Miami thought there is a chance of him exploding one day don't even consider him or interview him because that means he doesn't qualify.

If you apply somewhere and you don't qualify they don't bother with you, they don't bring you in and put you in a position to see if maybe you do qualify even though you don't according to their criteria.

I think your "4 friends that are cops" seem to have forgotten the stress testing you have to go through at any police academy. They want to know how you will react with a loaded firearm when a drunk is calling you everything under the sun (including your mama). Agree to disagree at this point. Answer the questions and cash in your chips.

still quite a different thing. cops hold peoples lives in their hands, u really need to know these answers

How did I know someone would say taking it too far. how is that taking it to far? Now your being sensitive about that but aren't sensitive when it relates to the questions our team asks? please bro.

Did anyone consider the possibility that Ireland contacted a few agencies to do full background checks on potential draftee's and their family members to get an idea of who they were drafting? Maybe Dez Bryant's mom has been arrested a couple times for prostitution and Ireland was doing his due dillegence by asking Bryant about this matter? Seems like a smart business decision to me. I am sure Ireland had the same questions for Brandon Marshall.

There was a story floating around years ago of a GM/coach that would ask potential drafties if they have ever worn women's underwear, just to see their reaction to the question. They didn't care about the answer, just wanted to see if the person would laugh, get outraged, or roll with the punches.

This was the same thing.

I have little doubt that Tim Tebow was asked similar questions. Deal with it Dez or quit.

I personally think the question takes it too far. If thats the case and they want to test stress just call him a stupid azz nword and of course see his reaction. So Im sure since they are just testing reaction its quite fine to ask that question since they are paying him. We all know it is not just as it is not to ask him if his mom was a prostitute.

I'm thrilled that the top of the organization is facing increasing scrutiny. As I implied in another thread last night, and expand upon now, the current Miami sports media is so juvenile and cowardly they have completely failed to properly define Ireland and Parcells for their secrecy and arrogance. Dez Bryant should have gone smack to the media big shots immediately. I hope this story gains traction and puts Ireland on the defensive, or begins a theme that causes a change in his approach. In 40+ years of passionately following Miami sports, only Saban is a less appealing personality than Jeff Ireland. Saban has him beat by open lengths but the margin is narrowing all the time.

If it weren't an entertainment product first and foremost, Ross wouldn't be seeking celebrity owners and concerned that game times are impacting his attendance. Ireland leaves me more disgusted than entertained. I'm glad I've been ripping him lately. Handicapper's instinct. This isn't surprising at all.

I love the desperate apologetic rationale that the prostitute question was a ploy, scheming to test Bryant's temper. This is an organization that posts remind me notes on the wall, regarding draft priorities. They are scared secretive. And now we're going to give them ultra credit in psychological matters? :lol:

Newsflash: That's not exactly the favorite. Much more likely it was Ireland addressing a rumor that himself and the organization were either too lazy or too inept to properly trace.

And if it's a standard line of questioning, we'd have heard previous outrage.

Back
Top Bottom