MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

Based on what I've seen of Dez I do not think he is capable of accurately quoting what anyone asked him verbatim.

He didn't like what was asked and this is how he PARAPHRASED IT.

His REACTION to the question and how he deals with it when he's faced with the question has everything to do with whether or not a team wants to hand him $30 million....

This is an investment.... they cant just fire him and replace him with next qualified applicant like the CIA can if he blows up....

I've had to answer much stranger questions than what he was asked...for a fraction of the money....

Have you ever applied for a job where a background check was done on you? They want to know everything about everybody you're associated with...depending on what job you're trying to get...
They knew the deal on his mom. It wasnt a background check. If you want to see how he reacts to adversity I'm positive there is a more appropriate question that can be asked. Dez has no legal issues so Im sure he isnt a violent person. They had no reason to ask that particular question...you dont insult someones mother, especially someone from a rough upbringing.

Can i ask anyone who gives a rats behind why anyone cares what Ireland asks Dez Bryant anyway? What does it effect the dolphins any?

I'm not so sure about that.

Just based on what Porter & Crowder were saying to Matt Light in that game two season ago, this is a pertinant issue.

I like the job that Ireland has done in Miami and Dallas. However this goes beyond the limit of decency. There were a million other questions he could have asked Bryant to push his buttions rather than that one.

Can i ask anyone who gives a rats behind why anyone cares what Ireland asks Dez Bryant anyway? What does it effect the dolphins any?

its just a topic. i wonder if the owner ever asked Parcells if he ever went behind a coaches back to get a job while he was still employed by a team but of course character in a vp of a team I guess does not matter lol

Still dont agree that unacceptable questions can be asked if someone makes enough money. they should research his past and ask any question pertaining to him not a stupid question about his mom being a whore. Personally i would not get mad i would just ask ireland if his dad was a pedophile and move on with the interview.

You or I don't have to like the mode of questioning. It wasn't an interrogation. It was as interview.

If it was your millions of dollars going to someone you expected to do a job you'd as every possible question possible to judge the persons character. Considering her background Dez defaults of rising above questions of character when his mother clearly engaged in illegal activity. it isn't something we should condone. Even for the 'honorable' focus of feeding her family. It's a slap in the face of every hard working person who struggles to put food on the table for their families.

Let's not create separate rules for athletes and regular people. People may think the question is off point. But the point truly is her prior illegal activity is common knowledge. Not something Ireland just asks out of the blue.. THAT would be offensive.

Dez has to realize his mothers activities are a detriment to how people may perceive his character. Guilty by association. There is nothing he can do to erase but show people he is above the actions his mother chose.

People don't HAVE to give him a job. Armed with information they have a RIGHT of due diligence to ask the question.

I'd like to see him ask LeGarrette Blount that same question....WHAM!

its just a topic. i wonder if the owner ever asked Parcells if he ever went behind a coaches back to get a job while he was still employed by a team but of course character in a vp of a team I guess does not matter lol

LOL, i know its a topic, just some people like acting as if Ireland is the DEVIL now lol.

i have a top secret security clearence and was never asked such an asinine question. Its not an appropriate question fo a general manager to ask a potential football player. So by your assertation of investment it is quite appropriate when u buy a house for the loan manager to ask if your daughter is a prostitute.

It's absolutely appropriate for Ireland to ask him this question...especially if it was true...

Not with malicious intent... Hell if that's what she was doing to keep her kids from starving to death then so be it.... it's a legitimate question..

The reaction.. and fact that Dez Bryant chose to run with it like this in another "poor me" episode tells them all they need to know...

I have to take a psych exam every 2 years to keep my nuclear security clearance... I can't tell you how many times I've had to answer questions like "Do you think about having sex with your mother"? You have two choices to answer.....yes or no... And they ask the same questions over and over again....just word it different..

"Do you like flowers"? Yes or no... "Do you like to paint flowers"? Yes or no...

Crazy stuff... it's not the "yes or no" answers that they pay attention to.... it's the COSISTENCY in which you answer them that determines whether you pass or fail....

i have a top secret security clearence and was never asked such an asinine question. Its not an appropriate question fo a general manager to ask a potential football player. So by your assertation of investment it is quite appropriate when u buy a house for the loan manager to ask if your daughter is a prostitute.

Nobody had to ask you, the Government had guys go through your past and find out from your neighbors and loved ones :up: I also have a clearance and the investigators ask everything.

I think when you give your trust over to another human being or money, you have the right to ask just about anything. I mean you want to know who you are getting in bed with, no pun intended

I dont see how anyone can defend this. I remember reading a while back that someone asked Dez that and I thought it was classless and pathetic. My opinion on that isnt going to change now that it ended up being Ireland. There are PLENTY of ways to assess his temperment other than asking a question like that.

You have to consider too that the question is even worse for someone like Bryant than for someone from a normal family. If someone asks me if my mom is still a hooker, Ill just look at them like theyre crazy and think they are an asshat. If someone asks Bryant if his mom is still a hooker...that cuts deep. Totally classless.

Completely agree and everyone would be going NUTS if it was someone from a rival organization.

Back
Top Bottom