MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

so u basically think any job should be able to ask you if your mom or any family member was a prositute. every job pays u so they have some level of trust or money invested.

When your talking about Millions of dollars sure. Now the local bank teller I am sure does not get asked this, but when you have a city riding on your judgment you have to ask anything and everything.

There was a story floating around years ago of a GM/coach that would ask potential drafties if they have ever worn women's underwear, just to see their reaction to the question. They didn't care about the answer, just wanted to see if the person would laugh, get outraged, or roll with the punches.

This was the same thing.

I have little doubt that Tim Tebow was asked similar questions. Deal with it Dez or quit.

so in any job interview any question is quite appropriate to u, got ya. if u dont like anything u are asked just quit

The way I see it is that if GM's are not allowed to ask ridiculous questions, or some personal questions are considered "off limits" then why would any team even waste their time with an interview. The second any athlete gets labeled a first round talent they surround themselves with people who do everything in their power to prepare them to coast through the evaluation process, physically and mentally.

I'm sure most of the time GM's feel like they are interviewing a computer. If this is Ireland's way to catch Bryant off guard and get a glimpse of the "real" side of Bryant then blame the system not Ireland. The fact that he struck a cord makes me glad that to see that we have a fo that knows how to "beat the system" for lack of a better term.

The thing about the NFL is they don't have independent agencies to run tests on all these players and weed out the unstable personalities..... it's up the organizations themselves to do their own due diligence before handing over millions of dollars in guaranteed money..

They are the only one's that can ask the tough questions.... if the player gets insulted or loses his temper...or wants to take a swing.. so be it... that's the whole point... they want to see how the guys are going to react...

They have physicians to do medical checks...drug tests... that's it...

Personality disorders... drug addictions...etc... Guys like Ricky Williams and Demetrius Underwood (along with many, many others) were able to slip through the cracks...

The bottom line is the guy should just answer the question and curse about it to himself while he's driving to the bank to deposit his brand new multi-million dollar signing bonus...

its just a topic. i wonder if the owner ever asked Parcells if he ever went behind a coaches back to get a job while he was still employed by a team but of course character in a vp of a team I guess does not matter lol

Nah it is common knowledge that Parcells quits before contracts are up or is always open to shopping for the next best thing. No need to ask questions you already know the answers too!

I'm thrilled that the top of the organization is facing increasing scrutiny. As I implied in another thread last night, and expand upon now, the current Miami sports media is so juvenile and cowardly they have completely failed to properly define Ireland and Parcells for their secrecy and arrogance. Dez Bryant should have gone smack to the media big shots immediately. I hope this story gains traction and puts Ireland on the defensive, or begins a theme that causes a change in his approach. In 40+ years of passionately following Miami sports, only Saban is a less appealing personality than Jeff Ireland. Saban has him beat by open lengths but the margin is narrowing all the time.

If it weren't an entertainment product first and foremost, Ross wouldn't be seeking celebrity owners and concerned that game times are impacting his attendance. Ireland leaves me more disgusted than entertained. I'm glad I've been ripping him lately. Handicapper's instinct. This isn't surprising at all.

I love the desperate apologetic rationale that the prostitute question was a ploy, scheming to test Bryant's temper. This is an organization that posts remind me notes on the wall, regarding draft priorities. They are scared secretive. And now we're going to give them ultra credit in psychological matters? :lol:

Newsflash: That's not exactly the favorite. Much more likely it was Ireland addressing a rumor that himself and the organization were either too lazy or too inept to properly trace.

And if it's a standard line of questioning, we'd have heard previous outrage.

Parcells and Ireland and other working under their leadership do not owe you or I or any other media outlet or Dolphin fan any explanation for anything they do. It tells me you've been drwn in hook line and sinker into the Jests line of flashy signings constant press conferences to believing they've won the Super Bowl.

I want a winning team. I do not care if there are any pressers. I want to win. That is all. To flame the organization because they aren't in the news enough and they don't care about what is said about them is ridiculous.

I know for a fact. If I am doing what I say I'm going to do, and I do exactly that to the very best of my ability. I don't give a flying poop what people think.

When your talking about Millions of dollars sure. Now the local bank teller I am sure does not get asked this, but when you have a city riding on your judgment you have to ask anything and everything.

there is no city riding on a football player's judgement. they have every right to do a background check on him but to ask him that question is inappropriate no matter the investment. this is just another case of people not wanting to criticize anything we do. Seriously our view of football is of way too much importance in society.

Is this guy a Jets fan?

But seriously, none of the crap this guy says has any real credibility. None!

It may or may not be true, but I feel that he needs to have better facts. He is basically ***uming that Ryan Clark left because Ireland was an *******.

We'll see where this goes, but I'm gonna "assume" not very far.

there is no city riding on a football player's judgement. they have every right to do a background check on him but to ask him that question is inappropriate no matter the investment. this is just another case of people not wanting to criticize anything we do. Seriously our view of football is of way too much importance in society.

I meant Ireland has a City, Team and Owners to think of. Serving in the military I am not shocked by much, maybe that is just me. As long as we win, I can really care less

Its a simple yes or no question. He never accused Bryant of his mom being a whore. He just wanted to see what kind of treatment he would give the Whores of Miami.

Just to show some moxy, after Dez answered the question he should have flipped the question as ask if Ireland's mom was a whore!

so in any job interview any question is quite appropriate to u, got ya. if u dont like anything u are asked just quit

If theyre gonna pay me close to 20 million dollars, id WEAR the ladies underwear.

These players play a violent sport, some of them take their violence outside the stadiums. Every year we have more and more examples of "thug" athletes who think its ok to hire someone to shoot another human being because they were "disrespected"(see: Pacman or Marvin Harrison). Some help run entire illegal organizations(Vick). Heck, pull up Espn or Sports Illustrated and they are still discussing Ben Roethlisberger.

When you are giving up that sort of money and the inherited power that comes along with it to 21 year olds, it is understandable if you check out if they can live up to those responsibilities. Especially an individual with a checkered past. And seeing as how many of the crimes these players commit and try and get away with are against other people, teams have to be careful and judge all aspects of the person to see if they are about to become enablers. Part of checking out the aspects of a person include that person's temper.

Personally, i dealt with "your mom" accusations since i ran around a playground, so maybe i can put things into context intead of immediately getting enraged.
Since you seem to have a good read on me, ill assume you believe that Dez Bryant felt so alienated that had we drafted him at 12(and lets say thats around 10 million dollars in his pocket), he would have turned down taking our money and refused to play for us on general principles. "Got ya".

There are far more appropriate ways of finding information about an individual. Asking if there mother is a prostitute is not. It is that simple. Do a background check, hire a PI, those are acceptable. Questioning a potential employee if there mother is a prostitute is not. Football is a game not a way of life, anyone who sees it otherwise really needs to get there priorities straight. Potentially being paid millions of dollars does not give a supervisor to treat an employee like trash.

If the Jets GM did this, we would be calling for a public hanging but sense its the Dolphins, it is just a part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom