MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

Was in very bad taste, but probably designed to gauge a reaction, as people say.

How big a moron is Bryant for going public with it? "He called my momma a ho'. My momma is not a ho', people shouldnt' be asking me if my momma is a ho'. Did I mention the words Momma and ho', because if I did it's just to say my momma is not a ho'"?

He's gonna get very sick of ho' jokes from every CB facing him this season.

I'll say it again though, very inappropriate from Ireland and he deserves a bit of flak for it, even if he probably thinks it was worth it.

i think its quite proper to bring attention to inappropriate questions being asked.

I'm not sure that I believe Dez could have accurately remembered what Ireland asked him afterwards. I don't know if I believe him considering his history of lying. Ireland probably asked him in a much more indirect way if he asked at all.

He probably thought we were going to draft him.

Besides, I think if he really asked this the correct response would have been ANGER, not whatever Dez did when he was there.

Now is not the right time to deal with this. He should have said something when he was there.

This may be a harsh question but who was in the room to leak this - Ireland and Dez. Sounds like a sour puss Dez who did not get picked early thus loosing millions.

I dont see how anyone can defend this. I remember reading a while back that someone asked Dez that and I thought it was classless and pathetic. My opinion on that isnt going to change now that it ended up being Ireland. There are PLENTY of ways to assess his temperment other than asking a question like that.

You have to consider too that the question is even worse for someone like Bryant than for someone from a normal family. If someone asks me if my mom is still a hooker, Ill just look at them like theyre crazy and think they are an asshat. If someone asks Bryant if his mom is still a hooker...that cuts deep. Totally classless.

This may be a harsh question but who was in the room to leak this - Ireland and Dez. Sounds like a sour puss Dez who did not get picked early thus loosing millions.
This news broke before the draft. We just didnt know who asked it.

Actually after revisiting this I think if we were that worried about his metal state we should have had him evaluated by a professional in that field. Not some snakeoil salesman of a GM who obviously has a very big problem telling the truth himself.

A in depth psych exam sure! Ireland administering a personality interview, ummmm not so much!

Michael Silver, trying to be a white Jason Whitlock...what a weasel. I agree with Ireland being in the wrong though, but in fairness there is a big gray area in what is inappropriate for questions asked.
I just don't agree with the selection of e-mails and the responses Silver gave at the end of the article. Race baiting sells, Silver is not so far removed from Ireland as he would like to believe.

i think its quite proper to bring attention to inappropriate questions being asked.

I agree with you. Ireland deserves criticism for a very crass and insulting approach. But there are ways of doing it and this one is going to backfire on Dez big style. That's my point.

His mother being a prostitute or not has no bearing on being an NFL player. Now if he was a prostitute or a drug dealer those are legitimate questions.
he has no choice in what he mom may have done or not so its not a legitimate question. Like I said if this was the CIA or NSA I could maybe understand this but there is no reasoning where this is a proper question.

exactly and I bet if that question was asked to anyone here thats saying its an ok question they would run to HR wiht a complaint or go to the news press.

His mother being a prostitute or not has no bearing on being an NFL player. Now if he was a prostitute or a drug dealer those are legitimate questions.
he has no choice in what he mom may have done or not so its not a legitimate question. Like I said if this was the CIA or NSA I could maybe understand this but there is no reasoning where this is a proper question.

His REACTION to the question and how he deals with it when he's faced with the question has everything to do with whether or not a team wants to hand him $30 million....

This is an investment.... they cant just fire him and replace him with next qualified applicant like the CIA can if he blows up....

I've had to answer much stranger questions than what he was asked...for a fraction of the money....

Have you ever applied for a job where a background check was done on you? They want to know everything about everybody you're associated with...depending on what job you're trying to get...

Excuse me? Darell Revis is the enemy the guy who is going to be saying this stuff to him in the game situation that I laid out. The fans have nothing to do with my statement. And yes they do put cops in situations like that before they hand them a firearm and a taser they for sure find out what buttons can be pushed.

1) **** talking is always part of the game and been part of every game.
2) they don't ask cops that, don't insult yourself by making up BS. I have 4 friends that are cops, never were they asked such a question.

If some people are questioning the validity of the question then you likely have never applied for a job that plays significant amount of money.

Contrary to popular belief, you cannot assume that those around you, family or friends won't effect you the progress you make through life. It's a fallacy.

The fact Dez is 'offended' is in itself offensive. He should clearly answer the question, be a man and move on. Show through his own strength of character that he is able to overcome the obstacles in his life.

Remember.. he's getting paid MILLIONS. Not applying for some $20 job. People in that 'tax bracket' have a much higher level of accountability for the money bestowed to them. To make that money is a privilege, not a right.

If it were I.. I would simply answer yes, or no. I wouldn't be offended in the least. The only time people get offended about difficult questions, is when their hiding something.

Get over it.

Still dont agree that unacceptable questions can be asked if someone makes enough money. they should research his past and ask any question pertaining to him not a stupid question about his mom being a whore. Personally i would not get mad i would just ask ireland if his dad was a pedophile and move on with the interview.

During the draft this weekend, they were already chanting at Pittsburgh "She said NO!" and at Cromartie "Feed your kids." It's relevant to determine what skeletons are in a high draft choice's closet and how distracting they can become. By going public, Bryant already opened the door for abuses; you don't think Eagles fans will be having a field day taunting him with this? Beyond that, his lack of diplomacy or comprehension of what's gonna follow him merely serves to confirm some of the other red flags that involve poor judgment.

I get that there are some contrarian fans who seem to delight in criticizing most-things Fins.. but they'll fall on their swords if taking a stand on this non-issue.

His REACTION to the question and how he deals with it when he's faced with the question has everything to do with whether or not a team wants to hand him $30 million....

This is an investment.... they cant just fire him and replace him with next qualified applicant like the CIA can if he blows up....

I've had to answer much stranger questions than what he was asked...for a fraction of the money....

Have you ever applied for a job where a background check was done on you? They want to know everything about everybody you're associated with...depending on what job you're trying to get...

i have a top secret security clearence and was never asked such an asinine question. Its not an appropriate question fo a general manager to ask a potential football player. So by your assertation of investment it is quite appropriate when u buy a house for the loan manager to ask if your daughter is a prostitute.

Back
Top Bottom