MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Sabres didn't give Miro Satan a qualifying offer...Great, more BS from the Sabres' front office. Satan was one of the few natural goal scorers on the Sabres...We better pick someone up who can fill the scoring void.

FireWrongstedt said:
There was an article in today's Star-Ledger that Nieds will go wherever is best for his kids. He said his kids love Jersey because it's where their friends are and where they go to school. Nieds also made a comment last week about being a Devil his whole career. The more Nieds talks, the more cautiously optimisitc I get that he's staying with us (knock on wood).

You can be cautiosly optomistic but Scott has been on Vancouver sports radio a few times since the end of the lockout and said he wants to play in the West. He wants his kids to be closer to their grand parents.

You have to remember the guy grew up in smalltown British Columbia...he wants to be closer to that lifestyle.

Unless the Devils offer him a max-out contract (do you honestly think Lou will offer him that kind of money?) he ain't going back to Jersey.

If I was a betting man I'd say he end's up in Calgary to play with junior team mate and good friend Jerome Iginla.

unifiedtheory said:
You can be cautiosly optomistic but Scott has been on Vancouver sports radio a few times since the end of the lockout and said he wants to play in the West. He wants his kids to be closer to their grand parents.

You have to remember the guy grew up in smalltown British Columbia...he wants to be closer to that lifestyle.

Unless the Devils offer him a max-out contract (do you honestly think Lou will offer him that kind of money?) he ain't going back to Jersey.

If I was a betting man I'd say he end's up in Calgary to play with junior team mate and good friend Jerome Iginla.

I don't if Lou will offer the max- he may have told Nieds during the exclusive rights window last week bring your best offer back to me and we'll match. Nides said in the article today he wants to do what's right by his family- I respect that. He said his kids love Jersey and that their friends are here- I never heard anything about Nieds saying he wanted the kids to be closer to their grandparents (although I wouldn't doubt it at all). That would've made the rounds out here by now- all the speculation in Jersey with the Devils right now is about Nieds, and that hasn't been mentioned once, nor has he said that specifically in any of his interviews with the Ledger or the Bergen Record. Time will tell. He said last week how much he loves being a Devil and that the Devils will for sure be in the running. I don't think it's as much of a slam-dunk that he's gonna leave as it seemed a couple of weeks ago. I hope I'm right.

Slappy8800 said:
haha my father and uncle are Devils fans...and im a Rangers fan...made for some great fights

LOL, I'm sure. My mom used to be a Ranger fan back in the day. I told her when I was very young that her and I would not be able to co-exist under the same roof unless she stopped rooting for the Broadway Blowhards and became a Devils fan. It took her some time, but she did. The more she took me to games the more she started liking the Devils. Now she's a fanatic like me. My sister too. The Devils are an institution in my family. Like I said, it'll be generation to generation here on through.

Today's activity so far:

Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.
Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern.

Calgary Flames - Signed unrestricted free agent Tony Amonte. Signed unrestricted free agent Darren McCarty.

Carolina Hurricanes - Signed unrestricted free agent Cory Stillman.

Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Florida Panthers - Signed free agents Martin Gelinas, Joel Kwiatkowski.

Los Angeles Kings - Signed winger Pavol Demitra. Signed free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Montreal Canadiens - Signed defenceman Francis Bouillon. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Peter Vandermeer.

New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Alexei Zhitnik.

New York Rangers - Re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Martin Straka and unrestricted free agent defenceman Marek Malik.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006.

St. Louis Blues - Signed free agent forward Trent Whitfield.

Slappy8800 said:
Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.

That's a good move. He's a very good 2nd line center. People forgot how good he was because the Rangers gave him WAY too much money.

Slappy8800 said:
Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern.

Signing Murray was a must...although they overpaid. McEachern has good wheels but his hands are not there and he is a little old.

Slappy8800 said:
Calgary Flames - Signed unrestricted free agent Tony Amonte. Signed unrestricted free agent Darren McCarty.

Two good additions for the Flames. Amonte still has something left....he can still skate and shoot and in the "New NHL" that could serve him well. McCarty is a Darryl Sutter type player. He'll get after it.

Slappy8800 said:
Carolina Hurricanes - Signed unrestricted free agent Cory Stillman.

Stillman can score some. He's abit of a headcase from what I've read.

Slappy8800 said:
Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

The Blackhawks signed someone?:eek:

Seriously though, Aucoin is probably the most underrated defenseman in the NHL.

Slappy8800 said:
Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Good. Stevie Y deserves to retire a Red Wing...

Slappy8800 said:
Florida Panthers - Signed free agents Martin Gelinas, Joel Kwiatkowski.

Gelinas is a great signing for the Panthers. A veteran grinder with great wheels. He plays his a$$ off every night. Keenan is doind a Keenan. Adding veteran Canadian guys. Blend in the Gelinas, Roberts and Neiwendyke's of the world with the core of young European's they have in Florida and good things could happen.

Slappy8800 said:
Los Angeles Kings - Signed winger Pavol Demitra. Signed free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Demitra, when motivated and healthy, can be a dominant player. A good signing for the Kings.

Slappy8800 said:
Montreal Canadiens - Signed defenceman Francis Bouillon. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Peter Vandermeer.

Yawn.

Slappy8800 said:
New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Alexei Zhitnik.

Replacing Aucoin with Zhitnik is called a downgrade. Another brilliant Mike Milbury move.

Slappy8800 said:
New York Rangers - Re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Martin Straka and unrestricted free agent defenceman Marek Malik.

Weekes is a good backup goaltender. He can be a world beater for a couple of starts in a row. The issue with him is when you start to think he is a potential #1 guy he turns into a scrub. Straka can still play a little...I thought for sure he was going back to Pittsburgh.

Malik is a mystery. When you watch him you realize he can run the entire rink at times. He is so smart with his positional play and pacing the game when he has the puck.

That being said....he makes a TON of boneheaded plays for a guy who is so smart.

Slappy8800 said:
Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

A 6th or 7th defenseman. This is Ottawa's year. After this season that team could be blown up by cap issues and free agency.

Slappy8800 said:
Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006.

The Flyers went Flyer and added three giants to their defense. They will go welll with Johnnson and Pittkinin (sp?). I think they paid all of them too much though.

Slappy8800 said:
St. Louis Blues - Signed free agent forward Trent Whitfield.

Yawn

Slappy8800 said:
rumor has it khabibulin is close to signing with the blackhawks

Why? Didn't they just draft a goalie in the top 5? Don't they already have Jocelyn Thibault?

Khabi is an upgrade, obviously, but aren't there more pressing needs for them?

RWhitney014 said:
Why? Didn't they just draft a goalie in the top 5? Don't they already have Jocelyn Thibault?

Khabi is an upgrade, obviously, but aren't there more pressing needs for them?

No, they drafted Jack Skille from the USNDP in the 1st. If I were a Chicago fan, I'd be PRAYING they signed Khabibulin. That team hasn't had a decent goaltender since Belfour left. They have a ton of cap room and can afford to give Khabibulin a max deal. They can always turn around and trade Thibault. They qualified him, but it doesn't mean they have to keep him.

hey im just reporting the rumors....also rumor has Kariya in SJ to be announcd Wednesday

Slappy8800 said:
hey im just reporting the rumors....also rumor has Kariya in SJ to be announcd Wednesday

Oh, I'm not attacking you...I'm attacking the rumor. ;)

haha i know...nwest rumor is that Naslund re-signed with Canucks...dont trust teh source tho

Back
Top Bottom