Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey

patrick ramsey is terrible. did anybody see the game vs the skins a couple years ago....we killed that guy!!!!

Yes! Another backup quarterback! Go for it, it's worked out so well for us in the past.

During this past month I was asking myself: Why are Saban and Comp. exploring the avalibility of Ramsey when we could just sign Brees as a free agent? Well I just figure it out! As we know Saban is a coach who appears to be always prepared. This CBA situation is something that I'm sure he prepared for. I'm sure that all along Saban was tryng to find out what is abailable out there in case this CBA mess prevented him from adquiring the FA Qb this team really needed. That is why, I believe he also looked at the situation with Culppeper. Saban probably knew that if this CBA messed could not be worked out we could not be able to afford getting somebody like Brees, so he explored other options. I, like everybody here would have loved to get Brees signed to a long contract, but that appears unlikely now. So...what do we do? Well that's were Ramsey comes in! he is still young, and with our present coaching staff (look what Mularky was able to do with less talented Qb's in the past) he can flourish here. He may cost us a 3rd Rd pick, but I believe it will be worth it. Ramsey is a cheaper monetary alternative to what we would have had to spend on Brees, and I do believe that he will be an upgrade to our current Qb. Any thought?

id rather have brodie croyle start over ramsey...i stilll think we go after brees we cant pass this up, plus i would imagine he would like to go here also

If the Redskins are smart (which I don't think they are)........Ramsey should be off the market. They should keep him and Campbell and give Brunell the boot. I don't know exactly what the cap savings would be for cutting Brunell, but I know that he is on the books for A LOT....over 6 million, I think it's a lot more than that.

I believe Ramsey only costs them 1.7 million, so that is a lot more managable, to keep as someone to compete with the guy you spent a 1st round pick on last year.

ASUFinFan said:
id rather have brodie croyle start over ramsey...i stilll think we go after brees we cant pass this up, plus i would imagine he would like to go here also

LT21, who is a long time poster here and a bolts fan, just said that in San Diego Brees (in a morning radio station) told the listeners that he was now willing to sign a one year deal with San Diego. It seems that he really likes it there, besides even though I would love to have him here how can we compete with them from a monetary position. They are 17 mils under cap!! they can afford to give him a hefty one year deal....we cant!
And in regards to Croyle, Saban is the type of coach who likes to start an experience Qb. Croyle may be ready in a couple of years, but now do to his small physique I dont see that as an option.

He completley an urterrly sucks. So no, draft Croyle or Whitehurst and that'll end all this crap.

if we are left Drew-less going into next season, then I'd like to of course draft a QB like Croyle anyways, then sign UFA McCown...if by some chance McCown is not an option then I guess Ramsey would be our last resort...

PHINSfan said:
LT21, who is a long time poster here and a bolts fan, just said that in San Diego Brees (in a morning radio station) told the listeners that he was now willing to sign a one year deal with San Diego. It seems that he really likes it there, besides even though I would love to have him here how can we compete with them from a monetary position. They are 17 mils under cap!! they can afford to give him a hefty one year deal....we cant!
And in regards to Croyle, Saban is the type of coach who likes to start an experience Qb. Croyle may be ready in a couple of years, but now do to his small physique I dont see that as an option.

yah i know who LT21 is, that is a bummer. if thats the case then yah im not sure if we really have a chance, I just cant see why he wants to stay there, every offseason is going to be a qb controversy. he could come here and be the immediate starter for years. thanks for updating me though phins, i appreciate it

I think itll be hard for you to find anyone in here who agrees that ramsey should come in and be our starter....

id rather have gus back there since it looks like brees might not be an option

We could land Ramsey for a 4th and it's still a bad idea.

burger13 said:
If the Redskins are smart (which I don't think they are)........Ramsey should be off the market. They should keep him and Campbell and give Brunell the boot. I don't know exactly what the cap savings would be for cutting Brunell, but I know that he is on the books for A LOT....over 6 million, I think it's a lot more than that.

I believe Ramsey only costs them 1.7 million, so that is a lot more managable, to keep as someone to compete with the guy you spent a 1st round pick on last year.

You are wrong, cutting Brunell makes it worse.....

Redskins | Brunell rejects team's proposal
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:34:06 -0800
Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins QB Mark Brunell rejected the team's offer to renegotiate his contract. Brunell has a base salary of $4 million for the 2006 season and the Redskins had hoped to convert his base salary to bonuses in an effort to reduce his cap figure. The Redskins salary cap number is currently $115.4 million, nearly $20 million over the projected salary cap of about $96 million. The team has until 12:01 a.m. on Friday, March 3, to get under the salary cap. Cutting or trading Brunell is not much of an option as he would cost more against the cap if that were to occur.

Dolfan5000 said:
He completley an urterrly sucks. So no, draft Croyle or Whitehurst and that'll end all this crap.

I know you live upthere in VA, but the talk around here in South Fl during the past few weeks was that Saban had been looking at what it would cost to get Ramsey, and also that they were interested in Culppeper. Now, I respect your opinion on Ramsey...but dont you think with Mularkey and Randy (2 guys who know a lil bit about Qb talent) on board if they thought Ramsey sucked they would be wasting time trying to find out what it would cost to get him?
As far as Croyle and Whitehust...I like them both, as well as Jacobs. Any of those 3 have what it takes to maybe become a good NFL QB. But not in the imediate future. I honestly dont see any of those 3 starting next year for any team.

I may take some heat for this one but I'm going to say it anyway. Gus is a better QB than Ramsey. We need to keep all of our picks. Think some of you are quick to forget that we lost some picks by acquiring Cleo and Manny Wright.

Back
Top Bottom