Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey

kbeath said:
I am from the DC area. This kid is not bad. Many in washington would swear by him. He is good and he is young he has been in a real bad sit. in Washington. He will have a bright future and is a lot better than Croyle come on. I am done with NOODLE ARM *** QBS!
Its not that Croyle will be bad, nor that he has a noodle arm. The fact is that coach Saban likes to have a starting Qb with experience. Down the road Croyle may be a good Qb, but neither him, Whitehurst, Young, or Jacobs are ready to start at the next level.

Surferosa said:
Im shocked people are so down on Ramsey. I hope the rest of the league is as pessimistic as some of you folks, as it would drive his asking price down the drain. Here are some facts about Ramsey.

1. Hes only 26, (still just a kid in the league).

2. In his NFL career, he has 34 TD's and 29 INT's. Not bad considering he played in Steve Spurriers mickey-mouse offense. Over the last two years, Ramsey's completion percentage is 61%.

3. Hes extremely smart, and was an honor student that graduated cum laude with a 3.5 GPA (in accounting and finance). He was also named a National Football Foundation/College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete (one of sixteen players nationwide)

4. Scored a 32 on the Wonderlic.

When you consider that hes got a cannon for an arm and sees the field pretty damn well, Id say hes a great buy-low target. His biggest problem has been the INT's, but something tells me thats a very correctable problem if Saban/Mularkey get their hands on him. Draft picks or not, hes a guy we definitely have to go after.

That's my point Surferosa!
The guy is young, a good arm, he may need better coaching to reach his potential. And better coaching we do have!
The latest rumors down here are that Gus will be let go. And that we are going after Patrick for a backup position. If it wasnt for the CBA mess I believe that bringing in Brees, and Patrick (to battle it out with Lemon for a back up spot) would be the ideal situation. But like I said earlier I dont see how we can now afford Brees. If he is brought here, I believe he will be given the chance to compete for a starting position.

FINatic 13 said:
Noooooooooooooo Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wouldnt Trust That Crap Pile As Our 3rd Stringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah here we go! GUS II!:sidelol: Its going to be a long offseason.

Whatever QB Miami signs is a good indication that the QB has the emotional makeup that they want. Miami will not sign a QB for the sake of signing a QB. They know what they want in their QB's. Everyone knows that Ramsey has a cannon for an arm and excellent throwing talent, that's easy to see.

If Miami does indeed sign ramsey, if he's cut, that's a clear indication that he has the cool, calm, emotional makeup that Miami can work with to improve this football team to go with his physical skills that everyone knows about.

Today in the Sentinel, Marvez said the Dolphins project Ramsey as a backup.

With Ramsey as a back-up, next season will be a Brees. :)

Ramsey has the talent, my only question is did the Wash fiasco leave him permanently scarred?

Muck said:
Today in the Sentinel, Marvez said the Dolphins project Ramsey as a backup.

If the CBA gets work out then I can see this scenario taking place. And wouldn't that be sweet!!!
Imagine: Brees, Ramsey, and Lemon as our Qb's...WOW!!!
God, I hope the CBA mess gets resolved!

If we somehow miss out on Brees, which I highly doubt, Ramsey wouldn't be a bad second option. I wanted him last year before we added Frerotte, but the Skinz weren't willing to ship him off just yet. He's not horrible, and over the last couple of years he's made some progress....

I wouldn't be against adding Ramsey if Brees signs elsewhere, and I'd much rather have Ramsey, than someone at the end of their career like McNair....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I'm hoping

Brees + Ramsey has to be the Phins top plan, IMO ...if it doesn't work out with Brees - which it likely will - Ramsey is still a viable starter and maybe we shoot for Omar in the 3rd if he falls that far. If we get both Brees and Rams, it relieves the pressure to draft a QB high. I'm likin' what I'm see'in.
Go Nick!

Hey Blitz...

Do you have an avatar of the one of the skeleton dude in the fighter plane? That rocks.:evil:

If the CBA gets work out then I can see this scenario taking place. And wouldn't that be sweet!!!
Imagine: Brees, Ramsey, and Lemon as our Qb's...WOW!!!
God, I hope the CBA mess gets resolved!

If a new deal does get done what will our salary cap number be???? Anyone???

Back
Top Bottom