Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey

A&MPhin84 said:
Ramsey would've been a nice option back when he was drafted, but honestly I think how he was handled in Washington wrecked his development (especially with how badly he got killed behind Surrier's awful pass-pro schemes, he was always getting hit). He has the physical talent, but he was never really given a chance to develop mentally and get a good sense for the game as far as pocket presence or making the read (or may have just not had it in him to begin with, it could be either one). So now, nah...maybe bring him in for a workout and see how he does, but dont put all that much stock in him.

I don't think thier are too many FinFans out there that want to go though another experiment process. However the way talks are going right now we might not have any QB and be using Booker to throw it deep!!!:confused:

BringBackShula said:
Look at that...We would have given up a draft pick FOR NOTHING! Nice goin' SABAN! Dont' trade ANY Picks. If this were Wanny and Spiels....we'd probably be missing our 2nd round pick right now. If he gave a 2nd for Feeley, what would they have given for Ramsey?..Rediculous.
actually si says ramsey had dropped to a forth or fifth:sidelol:

SQuinn17 said:
patrick ramsey is terrible. did anybody see the game vs the skins a couple years ago....we killed that guy!!!!

actually he already came in hurt with a foot injury and then when he was gone we got torched by tim hasselbeck

Well he's better and he'll probably be cheaper than Frerotte so if wer'e looking for a one year option as a stop gap he's a much better option than Gus.

I would rather see Gus Frerotte for another year before I ever want to see Ramsey. The guy is trash, let someone else make a fool of themselves by gambling on a loser. Like I have said many times "GUS WILL BE THE STARTER NEXT YEAR". We would all be better off by not getting our hopes up about Brees.

yea lets get ramsey. why not trade our 2nd round pick for mike mcman to the eagles for there 2nd qb again as well at least this time we'll have a better qb than what we had on 04 lol

i watched patrick ramsey for 4 years at tulane. the guy has incredible skills and when he was the starting quaterback in '03 i believe he was getting MAULED every game b/c his o-line sucked
he has a cannon arm and if he comes cheap we should definitely take a chance.

You want to know what I like about our organization now? We are going to lay in the weeds throughout free angentcy and the draft and make unpredictable moves to make this team better. In every aspect of the game. Saban and Co. were brought here to win and that's what's gonna happen.

Mrmiami said:
I don't think thier are too many FinFans out there that want to go though another experiment process. However the way talks are going right now we might not have any QB and be using Booker to throw it deep!!!:confused:

Any rookie we draft will be an experiment. I don't see the risk in Ramsey. I also don't buy into the argument that he's a mental wreck because of the punishment he took in Spurrier's offense. I've heard the same argument against Carr.
Both guys have physical ability and would thrive in a well coached offense.

I'd bring Ramsey in to compete. I watched him play in DC when Spurrier was here. The guy was a decent, tough QB, and he has some arm strength. He might succeed in a system like ours. When he came in to the game as a backup last year, you could tell he had a major case of happy feet. A few years ago when he was playing every game, I didn't see that very much, even with his David Carr-like sack numbers that year.

fins54 said:
Please no to Ramsey..I live in the D.C. area and even fans here think he is a joke!
I'm from the DC area too, and I disagree. While I wouldn't bet a paycheck on it, I still think Ramsey on any other team would be an upper echelon quarterback. The guy's been defecated on since he got to the Deadskins. The one season they let him be the true starter, he played well, behind an atrocious offense, and an offense line that allowed him to be sacked 30 times! He got hurt in Week 13 or so because of the pounding he took... and the Redskins pretty much gave up on him after that. They called him the starter the next off-season, then proceeded to sign Brunell a week later. The next season they tell him he's gonna compete for the starting job, and they go draft Jason Campbell. The Redskins organization failed this guy and shattered his confidence... after he gave them everything he had in 2003. He showed some great touch and a cannon for an arm that year. Hell, he was the only reason I watched that godforsaken team! I think he's young and hungry... and dying to prove something. Is he better than Brees? Probably not... but I'd definitely say he's my #2 choice.

Don't sleep on Ramsey... he still might suprise some folks.

Back
Top Bottom