MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical

bigmiamifan said:
Like I said in my post, depending on your position. Ask the Saints if they think hiding information about a FA in the middle of a bidding war with both sides ready to ink their name. It's dirty to the Saints, go ask them.

I can't help but laugh that the Saints didn't do their own rigorous tests and wonder why we didn't sign him after going after him so hard.

To quote Brees, 'everything happens for a reason'.

I hear ya... I guess that's what I keep getting stuck on... I always said, "Shame on me for not doing my homework"... And I can understand the Saints are mad...

You're right... Everyone is going to have a different take on this...

Nice thread.

I can't believe the Saints wouldn't have put him threw more paces just to be sure.

I'm real excited for next year.

In other news Lappy has just been cut as starting QB of the Miami Dolphins and been replaced by Culpepper!........in my Madden league :(

Dolphins561 said:
I don't think it's dirty. It was our exam, we don't have to share that info. Unless the Saints want to pay for it...

And Saban's heads up to Cordon was classy... He didn't do it through the media, he called him.

This entire event was not dirty in my opinion. It's a sports business. And Saban was as up front as he could be. You don't give your competition any sort of advantage whether it's on the field, the draft, or free-agency...

:yeahthat:

Not to mention if the Saints wanted a medical report they should have done one themselves

I find this thread very ironic... When you guys were in the hunt for Brees, I said he is not fully recovered and nobody knows when he will be... And I got flamed for it...Funny stuff

At least Saban and co. got it right by bringing in Daunte...

GreenMachine said:
I find this thread very ironic... When you guys were in the hunt for Brees, I said he is not fully recovered and nobody knows when he will be... And I got flamed for it...Funny stuff

At least Saban and co. got it right by bringing in Daunte...

It's hard to believe a Jets fan! :D

bigmiamifan said:
Wow, so that's why the Saints are mad, Saban didn't share the medical exam with them. HAHA, that's kinda of dirty to them, but kinda of cool to Condon, so you can love or hate Saban depending on your position. Maybe Saban would rather have an agent 'owe him one'?

NO was screwing us by offering a big $ contract before they even visited with Brees and checked him out. They drove his price up. IF they were stupid enough to not check him out we don't owe them anything. They were our competition. I'm glad they got what they deserved - they wanted to jump ahead of us and make a splash with Brees - well that was an awfully BIG splash! That's what happens when you sign a guy who was already over his head in Dallas as an OC to become your head coach.

don't the saints have their own medical staff?? why should saban call them?? i think in the end we ended up with the best qb...brees wanted more money and culpepper is ecstatic that he is a miami dolphin...i want guys that want to be here...and a knee injury is better than a shoulder injury...culpepper already started running...

I suspect if the Saints are upset it is because we kept the Culpepper deal quiet long enough for Brees to take their offer. They would have had the leverage to re-open negotiations. I doubt it has to do with our medical evaluation.

The other half of it has to be Mueller. Maybe they think he owes them something. Maybe they think he was spitefull. Regardless, the fact that Mueller helped a player rather than an ex-employer probably pssed them off.

nyjunc said:
You don't throw w/ your knee but you do need your legs to throw. Both are damaged goods at this point, Miami made the right call if they were scared by Bree's shoulder but you can't act like daunte is 100% ok and that his injury will not affect him.

yea but knee injuries are dime a dozen in the NFL, and many players come back from them just as good or better than they were before. This is not really the case with shoulder injuries expecially to QB's so I think signing a QB with a busted knee over a QB with a busted shoulder is the smart thing to do, especially when the Busted shouldered QB is asking fo $10M

I really can't feel sorry for the Saints, when we got Ricky from them I remember all the negative post that they wrote about us and Ricky, how we got shafted and we can have him....etc..etc. I am not going to wish them luck, they are a lousy team and a lousy organization. Hopefully Brees goes there and sucks it up.

jjizzim said:
yea but knee injuries are dime a dozen in the NFL, and many players come back from them just as good or better than they were before. This is not really the case with shoulder injuries expecially to QB's so I think signing a QB with a busted knee over a QB with a busted shoulder is the smart thing to do, especially when the Busted shouldered QB is asking fo $10M

I agree there, if they didn't like what they saw in Brees' shoulder they made the right call.

I'm sure NO would have done a medical and purhapes they were even concerned as Miami was. However they believed Miami was interested and in the game; and had to make a move and did.

You don't win in poker every hand.

pay back for robbing us in the ricky trade...!!!:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom