MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical

Nice read. Saban played his hand nicely and also helped out a player get the deal he was looking for at the Saints expense.

nyjunc said:
You don't throw w/ your knee but you do need your legs to throw. Both are damaged goods at this point, Miami made the right call if they were scared by Bree's shoulder but you can't act like daunte is 100% ok and that his injury will not affect him.

you might need your legs, but if you have a cannon, like daunte's, the knee isn't quite as important!!! But your shoulder.....ask your boy Chad!!!!!:sidelol:

bigmiamifan said:
Wow, so that's why the Saints are mad, Saban didn't share the medical exam with them. HAHA, that's kinda of dirty to them, but kinda of cool to Condon, so you can love or hate Saban depending on your position. Maybe Saban would rather have an agent 'owe him one'?

That agent owes him Peterson or Arrington! :D At a value price: playing incentives, large signing bonus, backloaded contract, etc, etc, etc.....

fin1 said:
Interesting comment from a dude who's team has a quarterback with no arms. Don't act like Pennigton is 30% ok with his injuries. Can you say Ramsey?:lol: Jets suck, prepare for the slaughter.................Watch the espn clip. Looks pretty damn good to me for the stage he's supposed to be at. I had an ACL repaired and I couldn't walk for weeks.

He didn't have an arm when he d the NFL in passing either, the thing is he has a head which your QB lacks.

nyjunc said:
He didn't have an arm when he d the NFL in passing either, the thing is he has a head which your QB lacks.

Yet has never thrown more then 22 TD's because his body can't hold up. Seriously injuries with the throwing arm are much more serious then Culpepper's. Hell Erickson came back 16 years ago with the same injury but only worse as I believe one of the three tendons was just gone and he still played 15 years. The only thing this affects is Culpepper's ability to scramble and for a little while his ability to roll out of the pocket some.

Honestly even with the Ramsey trade and keeping Pennington I'd still go and draft Leinart.

fin1 said:
Why don't you worry about your no armed quarterback. No one knew about the extent of the injury until the medical staff determined that for themselves. Plus you're a jets fan nobody on this site takes you seriously. That should scare you because it clearly shows the difference between organizations. We do our homework and NO throws money around. Jets should have sent Pennigton to miami for a workout before re-signing him.

PS- Good luck w Ramsey next year.:sidelol:
So now you are trying to turn a good thread to trashtalking???

Man, it sucks that alot of good Phins fans have to deal with posters like you:shakeno:

Nice info, thanks.

One thing that hasn't been specifically said yet about this N.O> anger/helping Condon business:

In the future, Nick Saban may very well need something from Condon. It is nothing but smart to say on his good side. And there is nothing to be gained from not helping him.

And, on the Saints side, why would he want to save another NFL team money? How can that possibly help the Dolphins? Why would we want to a)make the Saints better and b) save them more cap money so they can outbid us on other free agents?

Saban did the smart thing all the way around and if the Saints would have handled it differently, then they need new people in charge.

Besides, the contract was ridiculous all by itself. Saban didn't make them agree to that nonsense.

nyjunc said:

What make you say that man? What make you think Chad "Golden Boy" Pennington has a "head which our QB (Daunte) lacks". Chad makes some dumb mistakes just like Daunte, just like Donovan, just like Brady.

But I'm talkin' "on-field" smarts, what makes you think Chad has a betta head than Daunte?

You probably listen to Rush Limbaugh every morning to get your "fix" of politics, huh?

Daunte could brench-press your Golden Boy and it doesn't take a genius to see coming back from tearing 3 ligaments in one year isn't possible. Willis McGahee looks like a 1000 yard a back plus for years to come.

As for Pennington, you can officially say the Patrick Ramsey era has begun!

msg said:
I'd be absolutely pissed if I was the Saints, they paid full price without knowing he failed our physical. That's gotta be the reason for all this buyers remorse

You have to be kidding, right...would you make a decision like this based on someone else's assessment ? what if Saban had given Brees a clean bill of health...should that have prevented NO from doing their own physical...

This is all a waste of time...who cares...we have Pep...that is the only thing that counts at this time...regardless of how it happened.

Remember all of you out there..."Let the buyer beware"...basic economics principle.

msg said:
I'd be absolutely pissed if I was the Saints, they paid full price without knowing he failed our physical. That's gotta be the reason for all this buyers remorse

Well, I would also be pissed if I were NO, but at myself... THEY did not do they due-diligence on Brees. The Dolphins did. They just have themselves to blame.

VanDolPhan said:
Yet has never thrown more then 22 TD's because his body can't hold up. Seriously injuries with the throwing arm are much more serious then Culpepper's. Hell Erickson came back 16 years ago with the same injury but only worse as I believe one of the three tendons was just gone and he still played 15 years. The only thing this affects is Culpepper's ability to scramble and for a little while his ability to roll out of the pocket some.

Honestly even with the Ramsey trade and keeping Pennington I'd still go and draft Leinart.

I agree Chad's and Brees' injuries are much worse than Daunte, all I have been saying is don't act like Daunte is 100%. His knee should be healthy again but not this year.

What make you say that man? What make you think Chad "Golden Boy" Pennington has a "head which our QB (Daunte) lacks". Chad makes some dumb mistakes just like Daunte, just like Donovan, just like Brady.

Every QB will make bad decisions here and ther and make bad throws but Chad does it alot less than Daunte. Daunte's success has mainly come from throwing the ball up for Randy Moss, Chad actually reads D's and anticipates where his receivers will be and gets the ball to them. he doesn't ahve the physical gifts Daune has but he makes up for it w/ smarts which Daunte lacks.

nyjunc said:
I agree Chad's and Brees' injuries are much worse than Daunte, all I have been saying is don't act like Daunte is 100%. His knee should be healthy again but not this year.

Every QB will make bad decisions here and ther and make bad throws but Chad does it alot less than Daunte. Daunte's success has mainly come from throwing the ball up for Randy Moss, Chad actually reads D's and anticipates where his receivers will be and gets the ball to them. he doesn't ahve the physical gifts Daune has but he makes up for it w/ smarts which Daunte lacks.

Daunte will play both games against the jets this year, and even if hes 95% i dont think you boys have a chance.

ASUFinFan said:
Daunte will play both games against the jets this year, and even if hes 95% i dont think you boys have a chance.

Of course not, we never beat the dolphins:rolleyes2 Let's see we are 12-4 against Miami since '98 and we are 1-0 against Daunte where Daunte was at his bst w/ 3 INTs and 0 TDs:lol: We'll show up and we'll have a chance just like last december when w/ a ton of 3rd and 4th stringers we nearly beat you at Miami.

nyjunc said:

I'm not going to insult Pennington, because I have a high opinion of him.

But you are wrong on a couple of points.

1. Moss is not entirely or even primarily responsible for Culpepper's success. Look at Daunte's stats without him.

2. If you think Daunte is stupid or doesn't read defenses you are sadly mistaken... and falling victim to either a generalization or a stereotype. He is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in NFL history.... and not in a dinking offense.... you do not achieve that without being very good at reading defenses.

nopony said:
I'm not going to insult Pennington, because I have a high opinion of him.

But you are wrong on a couple of points.

1. Moss is not entirely or even primarily responsible for Culpepper's success. Look at Daunte's stats without him.

2. If you think Daunte is stupid or doesn't read defenses you are sadly mistaken... and falling victim to either a generalization or a stereotype. He is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in NFL history.... and not in a dinking offense.... you do not achieve that without being very good at reading defenses.

Wait a minute now...wasn't this thread about Brees's physical...and now it has turned into a Pennington vs. Culpepper debate.

Give me a break...hard enough to follow this **** without complicating it any more

Back
Top Bottom