MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Shedding some light on Brees - Culpepper\Brees failed physical

Saban handled this with the same great smarts he handles everything, and his actions further my belief that while he's tough, he's also a "players coach". Not only did he curry favor with Brees and his agent, but he kept his cards close to the vest in true Saban way.

No way should Saban have shared our info with NO, any team other than Miami IS the enemy, period.

If NO were smart, they would us their high draft pick to secure a franchise QB. First as backup in case Brees' injury turns out like Pennington's, but also because no matter what Brees' recovery is like, NO is years away from being competitive and need time to groom said franchise QB because they are so far away from winning Brees will be old by the time NO might become a winner.

In Saban We Trust!

bigmiamifan said:
Like I said in my post, depending on your position. Ask the Saints if they think hiding information about a FA in the middle of a bidding war with both sides ready to ink their name. It's dirty to the Saints, go ask them.

I can't help but laugh that the Saints didn't do their own rigorous tests and wonder why we didn't sign him after going after him so hard.

To quote Brees, 'everything happens for a reason'.

I think the saints were trying to see if Miami's medical staff for all the dirty work. Its possible and if thats true then thats they're fault for not using there own staff for an eval.

They cant be mad at nobody but themselves..

Two words - due diligence.

Appears we did it and New Orleans didn't. Good business for us, bad business for them. I like what we're doin' but Brees could defy the odd, come back strong and prove us wrong...

...and maybe later on monkeys 'll fly out my but.

nyjunc said:
You don't throw w/ your knee but you do need your legs to throw. Both are damaged goods at this point, Miami made the right call if they were scared by Bree's shoulder but you can't act like daunte is 100% ok and that his injury will not affect him.

Interesting comment from a dude who's team has a quarterback with no arms. Don't act like Pennigton is 30% ok with his injuries. Can you say Ramsey?:lol: Jets suck, prepare for the slaughter.................Watch the espn clip. Looks pretty damn good to me for the stage he's supposed to be at. I had an ACL repaired and I couldn't walk for weeks.

GreenMachine said:
I find this thread very ironic... When you guys were in the hunt for Brees, I said he is not fully recovered and nobody knows when he will be... And I got flamed for it...Funny stuff

At least Saban and co. got it right by bringing in Daunte...

Why don't you worry about your no armed quarterback. No one knew about the extent of the injury until the medical staff determined that for themselves. Plus you're a jets fan nobody on this site takes you seriously. That should scare you because it clearly shows the difference between organizations. We do our homework and NO throws money around. Jets should have sent Pennigton to miami for a workout before re-signing him.

PS- Good luck w Ramsey next year.:sidelol:

Bress Failed Physical ?!?!?

guys I found this on bress on phinfever there sayin he didnt really want to pick N.O. b/c he wanted to but more b/c he had actually failed a physical for the phins.

Heres the article from phinfever on their message board :
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:04 pm Post subject: Brees Failed Dolphins Physical I found this article on a few sites and I was wondering does anyone on here have ESPN Insider to verify this?

From Lenny P:

"Enough of the disingenuous rhetoric, please, about how Drew Brees signed with New Orleans because he felt at home with the Saints and was comfortable with the program that they are trying to rebuild. The fact is, Brees was left on Tuesday morning with nowhere else to go after he essentially failed the very rigorous physical examination the Miami Dolphins administered to him the previous day. Physical exams in the NFL are very subjective things, and the Miami medical staff felt that Brees' surgically repaired shoulder, although improving, wasn't quite far enough along for the financial exposure the Dolphins would have had if they had agreed to sign the former San Diego starter.

So, on Monday evening, with the medical evaluations in hand, the Dolphins, after determining that Brees and agent Tom Condon wouldn't reduce the contractual liability, turned their attentions back to acquiring quarterback Daunte Culpepper in a trade. Then, very early Tuesday morning -- reliable sources told ESPN.com -- Dolphins coach Nick Saban apprised Condon that Miami was out of the bidding for Brees. In fairness to Brees, Saban told Condon, the Dolphins would stay quiet about the results of the physical exam and the pending trade for Culpepper for a few hours. That would provide Condon and Brees, who had no negotiating leverage remaining with the Dolphins suddenly out of the picture, some time to complete the six-year, $60 million deal with Saints officials. In the end, the Dolphins simply thought Culpepper had a better chance of being on the field for training camp than Brees did.

"We're talking the quarterback position, right?" one Miami source said. "So what would you rather have, a guy coming off knee surgery or off shoulder surgery? You don't throw with your knee."
__________________Failed Pysical

sorry didnt know if it has been posted yet just wondering if anyone else had heard about this yet?

This article makes alot more sense. We all saw the "Brees leaning towards Miami" articles and figured it was only a matter of time before we signed him. If what the article says is true, and it sounds credible, then its just another case of Saban doing the right thing for the team, even when its not the most popular thing to do at the time.

If Brees knows he cant play this year, or isnt sure, and he fleeced the Saints out of all that money, then he and his agent are scumbags.

Jetties fans, you guys are pathetic. Thanks for coming on here to give us your medical opinions. You sound like you are hoping against hope that Daunte fails. Its sad that this is all your organization has to hold on to now. Well, sad for you. I'm loving it

Yeah, this was posted already... but always good to read again... Posted here: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=131872, it was a good thread...

My bad didnt see that hopefully they'll merge these.

hadnt read that yet. thank you very much phinsfan84

Definatly no problem me and you I guess were in the same boat I hadn't heard or read it yet either so i decided to post it.

I'm just happpy we didnt sign this guy. After watching Culpeppers Interviews and, watching his Highlights. I would also take Culpepper over brees hands down.

phinfever is a good site....

I used to be a frequent visitor and a active member ther much more so than now but this site has way more hits and is much more up to the minute nowadays but in general yes its pretty good.

nyjunc said:
You don't throw w/ your knee but you do need your legs to throw. Both are damaged goods at this point, Miami made the right call if they were scared by Bree's shoulder but you can't act like daunte is 100% ok and that his injury will not affect him.

Man, you're reaching. It's a known FACT among the highest proffessionals in the medical field, that he will have a full recovery! I've seen many athletes come back from this same injury with no lingering effect. Don't worry buddy, you will see for yourself twice a year for the next seven years..

Back
Top Bottom