Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Sorry to disappoint, I'm not going to pretend I know more than the people who actually make the decisions on players value like some on this site. Beck is a commodity as such his value is about supply and demand. The less supply the higher the demand. The more the supply the lower the demand. It's really very simple. As for Becks ability to play, I'll bet not one team in the league is thinking Beck can or can't play at this level by simply looking at those 5 games. I just thought I'd throw that in cause I know for a fact some here us it to determine Becks value to the market.

my interpretation of this thread was market value,,, that is correct dlockz??

I would say 4-5 round. Becks main issue is his age at this point. It would be different if he were a few years younger. Then a team might invest more in it.

Max Hall is not a better QB than Beck. I have watched just about every BYU game for the past 5 years. Even though Beck used the back and TE a lot those were not short completions nor dump-offs. Hall has one of the best WR and TE in the country and a lot of his yards came from Collie turning a 15 yard pass into 60 yard TD.

Dan Henning did mention in a Sun-Sentinel article last June that Beck was the favorite to start.

Beck did start the in the team's first intrasquad scrimmage as well as the first preseason game so I can understand why many thought this way.

although the coach said various times that they would rotate as starters in practice and in games.

I would say 4-5 round. Becks main issue is his age at this point. It would be different if he were a few years younger. Then a team might invest more in it.

Max Hall is not a better QB than Beck. I have watched just about every BYU game for the past 5 years. Even though Beck used the back and TE a lot those were not short completions nor dump-offs. Hall has one of the best WR and TE in the country and a lot of his yards came from Collie turning a 15 yard pass into 60 yard TD.

Well I disagree I see Hall as good a prospect if not better than Beck. Lets not forget when you throw to a back or a TE its not about a dumpoff or not its about who is covering the back or TE. No team lines up thier best corner on a Wr no matter how deep you are throwing. Beck also had a pretty damn good receiver in Watkins and a good Te in harline.

I put a 7th rounder and I thought that was pretty generous. Fergy a proven starting NT was got for a 6th, two backups (Fasano,Akin) were had for a 5th or 4th I can't completely remember. So how can a 3rd string QB that was beaten out of the 2nd spot by a rookie be worth anything more than a 7th. If he was 23 or so maybe be bumps up to a 6th but he's not he's 28 and will need a minimum of 3 years before he could do anything as a starter. I truely believe if the FO can get anything for him then right then and there they should be given the FO of the year. Now let Beck get some injury time and show some improvement then that's a different story but we have to base his value in what he's done so far.

I put a 7th rounder and I thought that was pretty generous. Fergy a proven starting NT was got for a 6th, two backups (Fasano,Akin) were had for a 5th or 4th I can't completely remember. So how can a 3rd string QB that was beaten out of the 2nd spot by a rookie be worth anything more than a 7th. If he was 23 or so maybe be bumps up to a 6th but he's not he's 28 and will need a minimum of 3 years before he could do anything as a starter. I truely believe if the FO can get anything for him then right then and there they should be given the FO of the year. Now let Beck get some injury time and show some improvement then that's a different story but we have to base his value in what he's done so far.

I see that as right on. if maybe he had played more in preseason he might have some positive buzz. The Jets 4th stringer played more than our third stringer. In fact he was bumped to third stringer in like a week of actual competition. That does not bode as positive buzz. Also Ferguson was not going to start anyway over Ratliff so he would have been 2nd string.

I see that as right on. if maybe he had played more in preseason he might have some positive buzz. The Jets 4th stringer played more than our third stringer. In fact he was bumped to third stringer in like a week of actual competition. That does not bode as positive buzz. Also Ferguson was not going to start anyway over Ratliff so he would have been 2nd string.

Yes I agree about Fergy and Ratliff but I was just pointing out that he has been a starter and good at it compared with Beck starting and only proving he couldn't handle it, that's all.

Yes I agree about Fergy and Ratliff but I was just pointing out that he has been a starter and good at it compared with Beck starting and only proving he couldn't handle it, that's all.

i got ya, was not disputing you lol.

Again, if Beck had any trade value at all, he wouldnt still be on our roster right now.

beck will be 29 next august.he's thrown 1 td pass. do the math.MAYBE we can trade him to the cfl for A backup longsnapper..

Back
Top Bottom