Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Once again for some reason you are not understanding. I am judging his trade value , not Beck the quarterback. You still have not answered my question on why Beck is a better backup option than Boller for any team.

Have I ever once said that Beck does not belong in the NFL. I personally dont think he will ever be a starter of any significance but he belongs in the NFL. He is still a long term project at 28 but for us we have him and I see him as Henne's backup hopefully.

How many chances has Beck had to play QB in the NFL? A number I might add that eludes you. How many chances has Boller had? I think Beck has still yet to be given a fair chance to play and Boller has had plenty. I also think it's fair to say Boller has proven he can't play Beck hasn't, how much simpler do you need this spelled out for you?

You see Beck as a failure based on 5 games played and Boller as adequate after 10 times that many games and very very little success. So lets break down what you see, Beck has played 5 games and has proven he's not worth much and Boller has played in a whole **** load more games and also had very little success yet Boller is the better option at back up, in your opinion.

Your opinion if truly first rate, if you're trying to covince everyone your opinion has nothing to do with Becks ability to play the game and everything to with the fact you simply don't like the guy. Seriously, no one that understands the game of football, especially the NFL could possibly know how good or bad a player is after just 5 games....expect Beck haters. Congrats on your very exclusive club.

I voted a 4th Rounder because I seriously believe that some crazy owner/GM ( I'm looking at you Jerry Jones) will take a chance on Beck living up to his pre-draft hype and overpay for him. Yeah I know, I'll save the Pro- Beck guys the trouble and say it for them: I don't know if it's overpaying because I don't know Beck's true value...Feel better now? lol

I say Beck will get traded in the off season for a conditional 7th round pick.If he makes the teams roster who traded for him on opening day, the Dolphins get their 7th pick.

How many chances has Beck had to play QB in the NFL? A number I might add that eludes you. How many chances has Boller had? I think Beck has still yet to be given a fair chance to play and Boller has had plenty. I also think it's fair to say Boller has proven he can't play Beck hasn't, how much simpler do you need this spelled out for you?

You see Beck as a failure based on 5 games played and Boller as adequate after 10 times that many games and very very little success. So lets break down what you see, Beck has played 5 games and has proven he's not worth much and Boller has played in a whole **** load more games and also had very little success yet Boller is the better option at back up, in your opinion.

Your opinion if truly first rate, if you're trying to covince everyone your opinion has nothing to do with Becks ability to play the game and everything to with the fact you simply don't like the guy. Seriously, no one that understands the game of football, especially the NFL could possibly know how good or bad a player is after just 5 games....expect Beck haters. Congrats on your very exclusive club.

He is asking based on those 5 games, his age and the fact that he's behind a rookie on the depth chart what is his trade value worth. I don't see any Beck sucks statement out of that! He so far has not proven to be anything more than a 3rd stringer, he needs more chances to increase that value. So with out those chances happening anytime soon his trade value is low right now.

It seems like you are the one turning this into a debate on how good Beck could be and that he hasn't had a fair shot or the right circumstances. Your basing this on his college performance and we all have seen great college players (especially QB's) come to the NFL and not succeed there. Beck needs to prove that's not the case with himself in order to have any trade value at all.

He is asking based on those 5 games, his age and the fact that he's behind a rookie on the depth chart what is his trade value worth. I don't see any Beck sucks statement out of that! He so far has not proven to be anything more than a backup, he needs more chances to increase that value. So with out those chances happening anytime soon his trade value is low right now.

It seems like you are the one turning this into a debate on how good Beck could be and that he hasn't had a fair shot or the right circumstances. Your basing this on his college performance and we all have seen great college players (especially QB's) come to the NFL and not succeed there.

Why do we need a thread to dicuss the trade value of a player that might fetch a 5th or 6th round pick? We don't! Ignorant thread.

Competiton is the Elixir of Success

I don't see the Dolphins getting rid of Beck
as far as I'm concerned, there is very limited difference between the #2's
and neither hold a significant advantage
injury or improvement could change the scenario in a day

as long as Pennington is the starter, both QB's will grow & compete

wouldn't surprised if we drafted another QB in our quest for the definitive Franchise Player
-------------> then one of the two #2's would be traded

If you don't like the idea of it, you don't have to read it.

Oh the irony. FTP told me the exact same thing last week...when he hijacked the Miles Austin thread :lol:

With all due respect FTP, you accuse others of becoming hostile when a differing opinion is offered up, but you seem to take the Beck threads more personally than anyone. I don't see anyone in this thread belittling your opinion like you've done to others.
The question was asked and posters are offering up their honest assessment. If you disagree that's fine, but it's hard not to question the objectivity of the guy with the John Beck avatar that seems to go postal whenever anyone suggests that he might not live up to his pre-draft hype lol.

Spielman needs a QB, maybe we can rob him and the Vikes of a 2nd rounder, like Philly did to us with A.J.

I think our best bet is to get a good OL, let beck play behind that and then assess his value.. I think the young probably will suprise with a little time to set his feet and throw, he's very acruate when given time.. so let's let what he does behind better OL play, and then next year try to get good value.. right now, I think unless an exceptional QB comes avaialbe that we can develope, we keep him.

If we traded Beck, I wouldn't mind picking Tom Brandstater from Fresno State with one of our late round picks.

It would take a miracle for Beck to get a 2nd chance here. Pennington would have to get hurt and either Henne would too or he'd have to stink up the joint worse then Beck did his first time. That seem to hard to happen seeing what Henne did his first time.

Oh the irony. FTP told me the exact same thing last week...when he hijacked the Miles Austin thread :lol:

With all due respect FTP, you accuse others of becoming hostile when a differing opinion is offered up, but you seem to take the Beck threads more personally than anyone. I don't see anyone in this thread belittling your opinion like you've done to others.
The question was asked and posters are offering up their honest assessment. If you disagree that's fine, but it's hard not to question the objectivity of the guy with the John Beck avatar that seems to go postal whenever anyone suggests that he might not live up to his pre-draft hype lol.

How am I hostile? Becuase I defend the players on this team? That's not the same thing as getting angry at someone for not hating a player I hate. If you spend any time at all reading what I write, I defend the idea Beck hasn't had enough playing time to form any kinda realistic opinion on the players ability. Those that hate Beck are attacking the player himself, do you not see the difference?

I refuse to stand by and let people use their personal feelings control this thread, the Beck situation isn't about Beck and it shouldn't be, it's about the circumstances surrounding his chances. That's what this Beck discussion should be about. Instead some people use it to vent their hate towards Beck by using his trade value as an excuse to vent that hate. In other words, "Yeah Beck sucks, I wouldn't give up a peanut butter sandwhich for the guy". That's a personal attack on na player that's played just 5 games, that's simply stupid and it has no real value.

You want to be realistic about Beck, talk about the fact that his lack of playing time is by far the biggest reason his value won't be what we paid, not "he sucks" therefore we won't get much. That's not only bias and ignorant it's simply not true. How is it no one can say he's awesome before he plays a snap of football in the NFL but after just 5 games we can say he sucks? Seriously, I don't know what the hell to tell you about the insanity of the thought process that happens with Beck and some fans here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom